Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan - Ch. 35

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping to see what the hero is really like & see if he was a haughty/arrogant person that didn’t realize his win against the Demon King wasn’t through his own merit. Too bad this ended but I enjoyed the story for what it is. I do know the artist is currently working on another series but the translations for it kinda stopped suddenly. Same deal with the author for one I’m currently reading.
Thank you @Mordoth for completing this to the end after the previous group started to be stagnant with the releases. Appreciate the translations like always.
if i recall the hero did in fact kill the demon lord but there was another demon stronger than him in the shadows that our mc dealt with

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping to see what the hero is really like & see if he was a haughty/arrogant person that didn’t realize his win against the Demon King wasn’t through his own merit. Too bad this ended but I enjoyed the story for what it is. I do know the artist is currently working on another series but the translations for it kinda stopped suddenly. Same deal with the author for one I’m currently reading.
Thank you @Mordoth for completing this to the end after the previous group started to be stagnant with the releases. Appreciate the translations like always.
Nah we all know mc killed the DK solo, the hero is just a figure head who wasn't there on scene when dk was killed (it's even questionable if he saw the dk ) .
But yeah I really wanted to see what kinda person he was and how his reaction is to being just a PR puppet getting glory over just being lucky. Heck how he'll react to meeting mc and realizing who he is

Dex-chan lover
imo this was the "best ending" since it could just follow this last arc's story with "stronger" foes but Tweight would just learn something new that's mentioned briefly or just turn very political which is very meh.

prince knew Tweight wasn't going full power and with the hero's possible introduction, it wouldn't be farfetched that he clashes with Tweight. plus there's still the fact that Mize is still a princess.

Dex-chan lover
That was abrupt. But it did end properly at least. See you boys and girls. :bocchiwave:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah we all know mc killed the DK solo, the hero is just a figure head who wasn't there on scene when dk was killed (it's even questionable if he saw the dk ) .
But yeah I really wanted to see what kinda person he was and how his reaction is to being just a PR puppet getting glory over just being lucky. Heck how he'll react to meeting mc and realizing who he is
The story did mention that the hero was beaten into a bloody paste by a demon and kept coming back so I'm willing to bet he was a good person at heart but was just really really under powered for what was asked of him.

Dex-chan lover
This title can have more story in it.
You can imagine there are more to tell.

Dex-chan lover
Shame it's ended there as we have so many loose ends left over, but I guess this is a good a place as any to end the series. Thanks for the TL it was always on point and clear.

Dex-chan lover
I was planning on resting and making eggnog, but here we are, 10 hours after posting the previous chapter.

And with that, the series Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan has officially ended, and I end my scanlations here, almost 2 years after posting my first chapter.

Final thoughts on the series:
While I know that this wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, I still enjoyed reading and scanlating this series. For it's cons, I felt that it suffered from pacing issues in the last 2 arcs (specifically, I felt that the Second Arc was rushed, while the Third Arc dragged too long (it didn't feel dragged in the Web Novel)).

My favourite arc will always be the second one (The Price of Freedom). And as I might have mentioned before, the main reason I translated this was for Chapter 17.
Thanks for doing this! It was a fairly “trope-y” series, but not in a bad way. Likable characters helped carry it through and ensured it was something I looked forward to reading every time it updated.

Dex-chan lover
Well... that was certainly rushed. At least it didn't ended in a cliffhanger. Some loose ends here and there but overall it was a nice ending.
Thanks for the TL.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely better than average on the whole. Clunky and tropey yes, but there was interesting enough execution at times that this remained memorable throughout :thumbsup:

Even though the ending felt sudden, the story was clearly running out of gas, so good on the author for not dragging it out unnecessarily :salute:

Dex-chan lover
Surprising that apparently all versions of the story ended at this point, usually when an artist sets up a school tournament arc it feels like they're doing it for filler before they come up with the next thing, but stopping before the tourney is just surprising.

Oh well, sad to see it go, I liked it enough. Though I guess now I don't have to get bamboozled anymore when I see "Kage no--" show up in my updates, and think it's Eminence in Shadow showing up.

Users who are viewing this thread