Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
ffs.... i love cid i really do but at some point i really want him to realize his choices and decisions influence those around him.

Dex-chan lover
Those testimonies seem totally trustworthy. And at that point, you can't really trust evidence in either direction.

Page 11 bottom left Zeta is adorable. More so than usual.

Such a pleasant church. Like they all are, unless the god of the church is the MC's benefactor. Sometimes.

When I had to take a loan for college, I had to pay about +21% interest until I finished it. Where was Mitsugoshi when I needed them lol?
My student loan actually cut off the interest completely, although even before that it was lower than inflation. So despite being a loan, it's almost like I'm the one getting interest from it. So even if I could pay off it immediately (and I could years ago, since I got a decent job), I won't, because it's cheaper not to.

ffs.... i love cid i really do but at some point i really want him to realize his choices and decisions influence those around him.
But that would stop half the plot...

Dex-chan lover
guys let's not forget that on the anime season 2, they're hunting some brainwashed cult members that are programmed to say "we are the shadow garden" and this is the result now. the propaganda is spreading. don't get swept up by the propaganda too.

so zeta is the last survivor of the golden panther tribe. damn, even her brother :qq: :meguuusad: that sucks man. i just woke up and i wasn't ready for that tragedy aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

holy fucking shit it's good as a reader with how wild and fucked up the story will be but it's bad because i like zeta and her squad enough to hate to see them just get wrecked by alpha and other seats. i mean it's still fresh from them the feeling of being betrayed by shadow from last time as john doe

Dex-chan lover
The debt joke is pretty obvious when you stop and do the math.
Its amazing how many people don't do the math IRL though, making this joke not a joke at all.
I read it and saw interest 2% and thought wait that's actually not a bad interest rate, wth.
But then Cid thought something is wrong with it and then I re-read that it was a monthly interest, not yearly :pacman:
Too used to the modern times where they have to advertise a yearly interest rate.

Typos and edit suggestions:
Not from their group but maybe they might've shortened it to decrease the amount of text on the pages and make the fonts look bigger. As a owner of a small laptop and a small smartphone I'm grateful for that. I may be wrong however.
p31 I'm Alpha. The head of Shadow Garden. [That position sounds like a mistranslation. Surely Cid is the leader/head?]
I think Alpha is right about that. Basically she runs it. She formed the Shadow Garden. Shadow is a central figure for sure, a leader whose opinion and orders take priority, but it is mostly Alpha and seven shades who make decisions about the group.
If Alpha is the head, Shadow is their heart I'd assume.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I haven't read the source material(and I'll keep it that way), but if this is heading towards an infighting arc ala Civil War then I'm all for it.

Edit: If the borrowed money is a million, then yeah they ain't chipping away at the debt at 20,000 monthly, but if they borrow about 100,000 at 2% monthly interest then that's an amazing deal (or so I surmise). I'm curious if this business model would make someone with a finance background laugh.
I mean most wealthy people get good interest rates, but of course they're not paying that low a monthly because the banks don't want to trick them and inevitably piss them off, they just go the stable route.

Edit: Lol I was skimming that part so hard didn't realise it was monthly either. A wealthy person would get that 2% yearly. not monthly.

Dex-chan lover
tanks for the food
(also at this point I'm willing to bet that Iris is actually gonna end up joining the cult ..)

Dex-chan lover
So how many times will the two idiots continue to deepen their ditch by messing around with Cid's stuff?

Dex-chan lover
Edit: If the borrowed money is a million, then yeah they ain't chipping away at the debt at 20,000 monthly, but if they borrow about 100,000 at 2% monthly interest then that's an amazing deal (or so I surmise). I'm curious if this business model would make someone with a finance background laugh.
The problem with their loan seems to be, Mitsugoshi only asks them to pay as much as the interest. The two goons didn’t realise they will never be free from that debt because they are not returning it, only the interest.

For example, if they had borrowed 100k, Mitsugoshi will tell them they only need to pay 2k monthly (not 20k). So it means Mitsugoshi now have a stable new 2k/month revenue source, just from collecting interest.

They loaned their unused cash stash, and while not liquid like cash, debts are still accounted in the book as asset. Well, they haven’t need to deal with bad debts.

Dex-chan lover
I decided to do the math because I'm stupid and so...

1,000,000 loan * 2% interest (simple) = 20,000 interest per month, which is equal to the monthly pay. So essentially, they're paying the exact interest amount forever; their debt will forever remain 1,000,000 unless they find a way to pay back the whole thing in one go (depends on the loan details).

Dex-chan lover
I read it and saw interest 2% and thought wait that's actually not a bad interest rate, wth.
But then Cid thought something is wrong with it and then I re-read that it was a monthly interest, not yearly :pacman:
Too used to the modern times where they have to advertise a yearly interest rate.
Yeah I did basically the same. Saw 2%, thought that was nothing, followed by immediately thinking 'wait a min' and reread it.
If you could actually find someone willing to loan you at 2% annual interest, you should immediately loan all that you possibly can from them as you can easily make more than that in investing, or even GICs and bonds, almost anything.

Dex-chan lover
wait what happen to zeta's kid brother tho? This is my guess because I don't read the ln, but why I do already think he is fenrir from the end of chapter 58?
I do not think the kid is alive, there was a lot of blood when the dude said “we don’t need this then”

Aggregator gang
hmmmmm traitor...... dont know will cid still use them or in the end just executed them or maybe forgive

Dex-chan lover
Betting when Cid inevitably has to put down Zeta's rebellion, he lets her off the hook because of how badass he thinks an internal conspiracy is as a plot point.

Dex-chan lover
pP0G4vr.png

Ah Zeta, never change.

Users who are viewing this thread