Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
One hand holding a sword, one hand in the pocket...

"Forged by passion, honest work, a style for the unblessed", indeed. Chuuni passion, chuuni honesty, and chuuni style.

Becoming a nuke.... That is truly something worthy of being called an Ultimate Move. Sasuga Chuunibyou

Aggregator gang
Ehhh what's this shit about atomic and stuff?? It came out as Atomic Particle rather that the bomb itself... The nuke joke was pretty much loss with such a dumb name...

@Doomer He just assumes the bad guy is a typical badguy. He doesn't even read the reports that Alpha and Beta regularly give to him about the expansion of Shadow Garden and the movements of the Cult.

So when he's just talking to the instructor there, he only hears "Cult" and not "The Cult of Diabolos".

Also, they removed the part where he basically gives the girl The Bird and that's where the girl almost cut-off his finger, establishing one of the horror mysteries of the school.

Dex-chan lover
dammit, they didn't draw him flipping her off like in the LN. RUINED

Double-page supporter
Japanese MCs are truly mad men.
How to avoid being nuked a 3rd time? Just become the nuke 4Head.

Aggregator gang
Ahhh f*ck this atomic shit is really pissing me off. It's such a shame really a shame... Based on the older comments on the novel version. Taepodong holds a great meaning to be use by our mc as a comparison. First of all, our mc is a japanese while this Taepodong thing is a type of ballistic missile by Koreans. When he ask how do you avoid being evaporated by a nuke,it was a reference to the recent threat of ballistic missile(named Taepodong) flying over japan twice so him being scared or rather being obsessed about the danger of a ballistic missile is a lot more understandable if you know the history of taepodong...
@Kuroku when i said "I am Atomic" is a dumb skill name, i mean it didn't really portray correctly what the mc wants. It sounds like a skill someone from OPM (one punch man) would use (Atomic samurai) A skill that would pulverised the enemy to atomic level while our MC desire for a skill that produce overbearing power that could virtually annihilate everything around him...

Dex-chan lover
@aberdeus This chapter starts on chap 20 and ends on chap 21 of the LN.

@tblst Not very high, power levels are divided in 11 tiers, with the higher the number the weaker it is, and nuclear is just tier 7. Here you have a full explanation of the tiers: vsbattles. fandom. com/wiki/Tiering_System. (remove the spaces as I don't know how mangadex deal with links)

@Naeddyr Any chunni knows that there is no fun to be had if no one knows you exist. The thing about a power in shadows is not that no one knows it exist but that everyone knows it exist but no one knows who it is or how to find it.

Dex-chan lover
@otoshi-god From the translation on boxnovel:

Previously, there was a man who challenged the taepodong.
The man trained his body, his mentality, and his techniques.
But the taepodong was simply too far away, too high up.
But he did not give up.
At the end of his training of madness, he arrived at the answer.
Question: How can I not be vaporized by a taepodong?
Answer: I simply have to BE a taepodong.
Thus from the simple chain of inspiration was born the ultimate Secret Technique: ‘I AM TAEPODONG.’

It seem that in the original it says "Taepodong" but since it is just an obscure reference to an atomic bomb they changed to "atomic" in most translations to not have the reader not knowing what the novel is talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread