Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 3 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Yes, of course. The most remembered memories of high school is an terrorists attack... Now I know why my high school memories is so dull.

Dex-chan lover
@Garb-edge

In RPG term, mobs are either NPCs or the nameless monsters that you fight randomly instead of as part of the story.

Non-mobs are characters with names important or related to the plot progression. They're not always the main characters, they could be the sister of the main characters or even a named innkeeper who regularly appears to talk to the protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'll not lie. The terrorists in school arc is a fantasy I've had some times while killing time in classroom.

Group Leader
there's just one thing I don't get...
After he does his fake hit thing, why doesn't the girl go all like oh shit wtf have I done call a medic!
Would've been hilarious 🤣

Dex-chan lover
For me, this is the point in which the WN started going sour.
The MC cares more about "being a mob", than he cares about "being a shadow". He never tries to develop his ambitions or even create any. In the WN, it started to break the story apart, as the author truly tried to move the story somewhere, but his MC stayed the same as ever; the focus of the story turns to focus on "uncovering the history of the nation, the cult, etc", and not the MC's random antics. Every single character tries to take to move the story forward, but only the MC is stuck playing his childish gags.

The whole misunderstanding gag would be somewhat fine if that's all there was to it. But the story tries so hard to become "serious" at some point, that the MC becomes an actual detriment and liability to the story. Heck, it's specifically because the author tries to HAVE a story, is why the MC becomes such a pain. Everyone else are moving forward, but he doesn't.
Also, just a note: like 100 or so chapters are broken and lost in novelupdates. If you still *really* want to read ahead, you have to use the internet-archives.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
This is so dumb, but love it so goddamn much, holy shit

Double-page supporter
I know he was trying to do a glorious defeat. But he was doing it wrong. He needed to take a page out of Ryner book from Legend of legendary Heros. The fact he kept getting back up showed he was resilient and defiant. He needed to flop around on the floor like a fish out of water or something. Have those spasism attacks (convulsions?) from the fake pain and probably make a lot of noise or pretend to be delirious . Try to get up but instead just wobble around and fall back down again on his face (like the boxers do when they've take a good blow to the head). Would of gave a more impression of a glorious defeat.

But it was still a bit funny tho.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes the good old "what if terrorist attack the school" daydream, it helped me pass so much time in school but my personal favorite was "what if there was a zombie outbreak".

I love the antics of MC, but he forgot his purpose of being mastermind behind the scenes and just trying to be pretend to be a Mob.

Users who are viewing this thread