Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

Dex-chan lover
@VooXoo
the point is that rose could have done something herself. rechallenge the dude with her newfound powers, drag the father away etc. that pointless death just for it to be "interesting" isn't gonna cut it.
the only stain in an otherwise flawless manga though. maybe there's more details in the web and light novels. dunno if i'll ever bother to read them though.

The greatest way of reading this is seperating in your mind the story into the two parts that the MC is playing...
When the world is doing its thing. Pretend that Cid doesn't exist at ALL. Not even as the "I know who he really is", liturally pretend in your own mind that he is this unseen shadow character and the story's events feel so much more...
Like... Treat it as if the parts which we see Cid himself as the Season 2 of the story where you see his actions as the shadow guy for the first time that was happening up until the end of Season 1.

The only negative thing about this manga is that it is monthly and not weekly. This manga is pure gold and would be awesome if an anime adaptation would be made.

this manga follows the light novel or the web novel? since i heard that the light novel goes different way from the web novel

Dex-chan lover
@Galder
she got no special power yet, MC/Shadow found her in the sewers and helped her recover from wounds and fatigue, she is stil weaker than that guy and of course have no idea who Cid really is and can't ask for his help, she is still below a new recruit in his organization, don't have a squad support and didn't get the slime suit, custom weapon and special training.
She killed her father after judging that he was too far gone under the drug control, there were other ways to avoid the war sure, but that way the corrupt noble lost his pawn and threw all his pans out of the window, we can guess that the author idea was that she decided to simply end the problem there as every attempt to voice the truth would have been ignored, and shock value for the hell of it.
Is even possible that she is acting on her own and the MC girls still must make her join.
I don't know if it was planned from the start from the author but after some arcs we will return to this girl and her country, civil war is up and Cid partecipates in it. Is even around the pooint where the web novel stopped.

Dex-chan lover
@VooXoo
her just running up to him, past all the guards (and especially since she is wanted) and slashing him doesn't sound really feasible without special powers. and shadow literally asked her if she wanted power. and she said that she "gained the power" she needed "to follow the path" she believes in (chapter 23). so at the very least she could have attempted to take her father hostage and flee with him. the cult guy wouldn't fight her openly without blowing his cover. killing her father could have been a last resort no matter how you slice it.

Dex-chan lover
@Galder
you are right about that, author could have skipped on some details for just moving the plot in that direction, but it doens't change that she still didn't get special powers, we can guess that the mana rain Shadow used on her boosted her skills a bit other than making she recover.
Ah right, the "curse", is possible that after Cid removed the negative effects of the cursed blood she got a natural buff from it, we know the villain is good in a fight but if he fought her when she wasn't expecting a battle and was suffering is not a surpirse that she lost.
I don't rememeber every detail of the novel, is even possible that stuff got changed.
She being able to arrive to the VIP area is pushing but can be expained from a total recovery + buff, she was one of the top fighters around after all, the chaos in the arena for all the people around and she knowing what places had no guards for a secret infiltration.
And we don't know if she sneaked in, she was ready for death, maybe she killed every guard when running and got there before any alarm.

Chuni...
Chuni everywhere!!!!
I love MC and Beta!
Thank god this is not your typical shitty romcom harem bullcrap isekai.

Thanks for the scanlation ❤️

Fed-Kun's army
Plot Armor-kun: I will be the greatest power hidden in the shadows!

The plot armor is basically making this story top tier. It's even being overworked... so I hope the plot armor gets some well deserved rest.

Aggregator gang
@Galder
its literally the last resort of a cornered princess being chased as a Wanted criminal. Time wasn't on her side, she had no authority, and with the king being turned into a puppet using some sort of drugging,unless theres an antidote/cure for a mentally disabled, the king is just an empty husk at this point, Do'em or the villain dude is also strong with a bunch of guard so even if she was buffed she can never win to a guy being backed by a whole evil organisations,and yeah you may be wondering why would they let her get closed to the king despite having the guards and stuff. Its all part of Do'em plan,he thought he sealed all of her possible move and she came to them to surrender which is his main objective,he never thought that she would kill her own father to spoil his plan

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats
grab him and beat it - or at least try and not go directly for the kill. always an option. getting the drug out of his system could prove difficult, yes, but since shadow garden has an able researcher with the not yet introduced eta, they could've worked something out and hid him in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread