Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute

there's a romantic subplot according to bakaupdates

is that true? ho good is the romance then if true

@calmbreez it depends on what we consider as a "romance".

If what you mean as a "romance" is where theres more than 1 (usually 2) people that love each other & attracted sexually, which in this story you means the MC (Cid Kagenoh/Lord Shadow) love & be loved by someone....then, as far as i know: NO!! No romance.

The part where the MC be loved by other characters (especially in romantic or/and idolizing) is true. You can see & read it in the manga for several chapter/scene. But "romance" is not just one-way love. To be called/considered as "romance" we need to see the scene where MC love them back, as a romantic partner. And at the latest part where I read it (WN) the only thing that the MC love is his dreams/delusions to role play as a shadow character...
heck, he doesn't even consider the Shadow Garden as his own, he even make a scheme where he betray them for the sake of his roleplay (which in the end is good for all and they still believe & even more thankful for him)

Maybe there will be some chapter that we will see in other characters perspective, so we can "see" her view & feeling for the MC, like in Shoujo manga (you know, where the main girl character/heroine chasing the handsome senpai). At that perspective, even if the feeling of love is just one-way, it can be considered as a "romance" part.

Why is it so highly rated I read till chapter 6 but found nothing good I dropped it can any one tell me does it get better

There are two kinds of people, those who love this manga to death and those who think it’s boring. No in between apparently

Doem is M. Just saying.
And expected more about this chapter. For me, who read the WN, it felt rushed.

Fed-Kun's army
The people who find this manga boring are the ones who never went through their chunni phase, they didn't do their naruto runs in public and their hand signs. They didn't call other people "kawaii" and never used "kun". They didn't hold a stick and then do ichigo's bankai pose and then shout "BAN KAI" or say "senbon sakura kage yoshi". These people can't relate to the protagonist hence they find it boring.

The people who find this fun are people who have went through their chunni phase, they still think having anime powers is cool but they don't do embarrassing stuff (maybe they still do but more tame). This manga is for eternal children.

In completely unrelated matters... 10/10 manga

@boringstuff yeah, my bad. That's what i really mean.

But we must admit, man.
he does got heartless in that arc. He can easily, in his scheme & truly intention, betray so many people that so close to him for a simple whim & easy mood. The only saving grace is, in the end, everything is not happen like he intended to. The currency is intact, they got the gold, no economic crash happen, and he just digging the snow, and their old comrade still think his truly intention from the start is to save them

@ScullCrusher just read the @PantsuKami 's comment. Are you that kid?

The kid in you, who think Power Rangers Megazord is cool. The kid who think Kamen rider transform scene & plot is amazing, no matter how absurd the premise. The kid who watch, read, and even play pretend/cosplay your favourite super hero at Halloween... If you are that kid or ever been like that as a kid (and the kid part in you not 100% died/killed by society already), you will LOVE this story to the death!! JUST KEEP READING! It keep better and better!!

But, if you're the type of kid who always strictly disciplined by your parents. Who dont even allowed to play games & watch tv. Just study & cram school after school. Piano lesson, violin lesson, never ever allowed to play football, tags, hide & seek with your friends. Living your life just do what you told to, never ever have any dream or imagination.... You will HATE this story. This irrational story, with so many impossible & incomprehensible things happen. Such illogical things.... You will think that this story is just plainly absurd.

But really, man. If you're the second type of kid, please just ask yourself: is realy this story which is truly absurd, or your childhood is the one which is absurd?

I read chapter 25 a week ago.

I came back since it was on top of the "Last 7 days" in mangadex only to see that I already read it.

Users who are viewing this thread