Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute!

If this could become an anime, it will be a masterpiece..
If the anime studio really can bring the characters.

I’m worried about an anime adaptation because if it isn’t done right we get demon lord retry

Dex-chan lover
People said that this is overrated. While they are too simpleminded to see why it suddenly become popular.

tl;dr : The whole plot is funny meme joke

Most Japanese AMG has usual trope pattern where the story separate the seriousness of drama and funny moment in separate time. OP MC or Nakama Powah often becomes the plot armor.

But this is different, the seriously dramatic moment is cool but also... is actually hilarious joke even without funny moment at all.

Most story even like Overlord and Demon Lord Slave Magic have to put funny moment of self panic just to put joke, or even Gintama which just doing slapstick comedy for funny moment. So we can only laugh at that funny moment.
Meanwhile, The Eminence In Shadow approach new method where the MC and other character still serious but all of their action is (if you see thoroughly) actually a funny joke and memeable, although there are some funny slapstick too. Like no way everything is moving following his chuunibyou act and you are hailed as charismatic intelligent leader.

Another plus of this story, they don't focus on haremshit and ecchicrap just to please audience to not go away from story. They just keep make it as a joke such as the princess who found out that he is a con artist but doesn't know his true identity, a girl who think that he is galant warrior even thought that he is weak, and Cid doesn't even bat an eye to the harem he just made and think all of them as his soldier.

All of those rare traits that are a less usual in the time where Japanese AMG new idea is exhausted.

I can't explain how funny this shit is. It's so serious yet this chunni just thinks it a story. Everything he happens to do is a coincidence lmao but no one knows that. And I just---
Masterful.

Contributor
@Luke_chase
How is this rated so high when like 70% of the comments are complaining about how overrated it is?
Considering there are over 5,700+ unique votes/ratings and only 800+ comments (with several users leaving multiple comments at that) on the main page,
it seems to be a vocal minority of readers who find it overrated and make their views known,
while the silent majority don't leave comments here, if at all, and give 9's and 10's.

(Note that 3,000+ gave it a 10, which is way more users than the several hundred that have posted here.)

whysohigh.jpg

MD@Home
This is so un-apologetically chunni and self-insert and I love it. Main character is just creating drama because he can, and because he think it's cool, and that's so dumb that it works.

I wonder how long it will take for this to become stale af tho.

that last panel in last chapter makes me say 'really? first time i heard about it'

@dim1 don't trigger the flag. maou retry is like different show compared to manga. manga is lot better while anime is too garbage to even mention. poor author seeing their beloved chara become 3rd rate chara

the one who fit cid's vc is the mc from p5.. his voice should be really good on him

hmmm I'd like to know where the mass voters originate from. cause we all know this manga is avarage at best around 7/10 if not less.
I'm guessing it's LN/WN got some exposure on another website and those fans flocked here on MD. idk... what I do know is the rating should be just removed.

@konzolmester you can suck a dick for all I care I enjoy this manga so it's a 10/10 for me if you are one of those I'm a posh maga reader that has standards then suck and egg and let other like this is it's a 7/10 for you then that's you're opinion but don't try to mitigate others preferences and there enjoyment

With a rabid attitude like that you should not be typing on that keyboard untill you learn some manners first.

I think he's deliberately trolling, giving that he calls himself a "posh maga reader", which calls to mind MAGAdemia.

JK89nRr.png

Users who are viewing this thread