Kaguya-sama: Love is War

@Rozoro

There's a lot more to it, and the first chapters can be somewhat misleading. That's something the anime improved by rearranging chapters to make it clearer in the first episode. The conflict isn't meant to be a positive thing.

If you want a spoilery explanation:
The truth is, they don't actually believe in it. It's an excuse- they're both terrified of rejection (and in Shirogane's case, he thinks it's necessary to be Kaguya's equal thanks to the social status gap), and they came up with that nonsense to justify making each other take the initiative without admitting to themselves that they're afraid. That's the real theme, and what they have to accept and overcome.

being able to read the latest chapter without need to wait 2 weeks is good. thank you for sniping, please keep it up

Dex-chan lover
Those last 5 chapters are the definition of suicide.
Shamelessly using "misunderstanding" tropes to withhold progress,
Back-paddling, and retconning progress that was already made,
Creating needless drama and conflict, where there is no need of any,

And for me, worst of all: the author understands that these characters are incredibly annoying, and that the direction of the plot is enormously undesirable, case in point:
1143139588.png
And instead of fixing it, the author just projects it into the story; "yeah, I understand this is horseshit, so I'll have my character say out loud: "this is horseshit!" -- haha!"
Haha my ass.

Dex-chan lover
even the name of this crappy manga is so wrong : what kind of prideful b!tch that wants her classmates to call her SAMA ???? just because she came out of the rich pu$$y of her rich mother and she thinks she is more superior than her classmates ?????

news flash for you , b!tch : YOUR PARENTS are the ones who make millions , and you havent make no money yet , you are just a parasite of your parents .

I will call her kaguya-b!tch instead , or kaguya the b!tch .

and the other prideful brat 's name is Miyuki Shirogane ? HA HA HA HA LOL LOLOLOLOL , in japan , miyuki is a girly name for little girls . now we know his true "gender" , lol .

also , this manga is total garbage when it is compared to the best "Love is War/War of Love" anime : School Days , lol . For wars , which weapon will you choose , a knife or a saw ?
school_days_fandub_script_by_reppion96.png

thought the anime was well done. if you didn't watch the anime you should... it's a rare occasion where I enjoyed the anime comparing to the manga
anime vs manga thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljy85qxGFPc

I can understand wanting to read releases ASAP, but the quality on these last sniped chapters is simply atrocious.

I'll wait for the group that is actually doing a good work with this one, otherwise this manga will be slaughtered for me.

@Solipsist
You may not like it, but the fact remains that Kaguya's particular upbringing was an issue that had to be brought in at some point before they started going out. The whole point with Ice Kaguya is that her fear is the result of all the dishonest stuff both have done so far in order to get the other to confess. Outside flashbacks, there hasn't been even a single time where Kaguya has painted herself in a negative light. She's always been the beautiful, elegant, witty and supportive woman in front of Shirogane, while hiding her pettiness, jealousy, wicked nature, and overall the fact that she's a hopeless girl.

As Aka said, the whole mental debate is just a representation of her current train of thought. She wants to go out with him but she's afraid of going all out because of her father, plus she's afraid that Shirogane will hate her if she makes a mistake and shows that part of her she considers unlovable, so rather than endure Shirogane being disillusioned with her in a nearby future, she's just laying herself as how she perceives herself to be, hoping that he'll either accept her as how she is or break her heart for good instead of wallowing in her misery, and backpedaling hard on that due to fear later.

There are no misunderstandings or retcons here. Sure, she's handling it very poorly right now, but Kaguya is terrified and she has no idea of how to behave in this situation. It's all born of her extremely low self evaluation, which has been an issue since the home sick visit at the very least.

Dex-chan lover
@Isekaijin I'm not really going to get with you into an argument here. I'm only going to explain one simple thing:
You're essentially trying to explain to me why something bad is happening, when all I said: "this is bad and I don't like it." The girl intentionally destroyed progress because of some made-up bullshit the author intentionally designed to stall progress. If you like it, good for you. I call it classic anime bullocks, which I'm too old to care about anymore.

The cliche ending for this arc would be Kaguya (ICE) telling Shirogane that she fell in love with him first, before any of her other personalities did. Shirogane then responds that he fell in love with (ICE) long before she had feelings for him, and long before he fell in love with her other personalities.

@Solipsist if this is how the arc ends I can see you having an aneurysm. Since Kaguya Sama's whole schtick was to avoid a lot of shoujo manga tropes, I get your distaste towards this arc but do keep in mind a lot of people wanted to know more about how Shirogane and Kaguya interacted initially, I thought it'd be done through flashbacks like the chapter where Shirogane meets the previous president, but the author decided to go in another direction.

It is funny that you complain about the "anime bullocks" yet say "I'm too old to care about anymore." Which is true in the sense that you don't enjoy it, but you do feel passionately enough to rant about it. You're also still reading, which means you care, just in a negative way.

And @Isekaijin is absolutely right when they say there is no retconning. Retcon is when you change events that already took place. This is going backwards as far as the relationship with Kaguya and Shirogane, but retconning is not the right term. But there are some pretty annoying misunderstandings. Although I found it humorous, the whole hand holding and perfume chapters were a little too dense protagonist/cold heroine cliche for me, though the author did a good job at making fun of the trope by taking it to the extreme.

Since the Kaguya reverted back to (ICE) I think it's only natural that the manga revert ever so slightly back to a stereotypical shoujo love comedy, since that's how their first year interactions probably played out and their characters are so on the nose for such a manga.

@Purue The one who diagnosed Kaguya of being in love when she fainted after President almost kissed her. He somehow knows her mother too before she died too.
Next chapter is going to be funny because he knows who Shirogane is because of Kaguya's photo and her tsundere act.

Dex-chan lover
@jinandwin
...Just going to drop this here: I stopped reading two weeks ago. When people reply to me, I tend to reply back. It does not mean I also continue to read the story.

Users who are viewing this thread