Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Vol. 2 Ch. 9.1 - The mythril negotiations

What a moron. It's like if in WW2, the US started supplying Germany with uranium and heavy water. Oh yeah, no way that'll backfire on us. And taking a portion of the expected supply out from the human markets and injecting cash into it won't cause inflation or some kind of destabilizing factor. Oh yeah, no way anyone will wonder about the increase of this strategic resource or investigate how to increase its production. And a thousand other problems.

This protagonist is really short-sighted, using "peace" or "greater good" as an excuse to not use his brain to think of the consequences of his actions.

Dex-chan lover
It only takes one idiot to screw up the beginnings of peace.

Dex-chan lover
@deviatesfish: Though i am not entirely sure, but first of all, there isn't a "expected supply" of the material in the market, because the mine was until recently under the control of Demons and only recently the Humans took it back. So, not many people yet know about that fact (that world isn't a modern one, were information travel fast), so effect on market would be low. There is also the fact that they aren't going to sell all the stock, but probably portion of it (so that Humans also have supply of it).

Secondly, the high price on the sale isn't going to cause inflation that much, as the money taken is just extra (remember Humans didn't have that much access to Mythril for many years, so it isn't necessary for that money to go into the market but could be saved as reserve, and if the currency is metal based, then it could be reprocessed). Also the higher price means that Demons would have to reduce or limit production on their side as well to balance out the higher expenses, meaning less manufacture of weapons or items (though from the wordings in earlier chapters, Demons don't generally use Mythril for weapons, but rather for Magic Items, which maybe weapon or just general purpose items).

Dex-chan lover
And lemme guess this long awaited peace is going to be ruined by that one dipshit

Dex-chan lover
@lead36 Yeah but Mythrill in this world is almost the equivalent to probably high grade weaponry (maybe not on the level of mass-destruction or anything) but it's like selling your enemy your current arsenal in practice. Sure you can make x4 as much and try bankrupting them or whatever, but that's assuming you know how deep their pockets run. And for them to actually accept a deal of 4x the normal amount tells me that money to them is of no matter.

Let's take for example post WW1 where France occupied the German city of Ruhr for its coal production, ofc there was resentments on the German side regardless of economics/politics, but that was exactly my point in my first comment.
What my first comment was trying to "joke" about, was that there seemed to be no arguments or backlash from the Demon side especially in an "on-going" war. I wasn't going to go on about historical implications cuz lol who the hell wants to read a comment talking about global capitalist realism.

edit:
After reflecting a bit though I was a bit pissed off at your wording a while ago, I just want to say sorry for losing my cool. Didn't mean to snap back like that, I'm sure you were doing it as a jest. Sorry for that mate.

daryl fucked up either way...

if he doesn't make the deal... the demon king will send his armies to reclaim the mine, resulting the village being invaded or destroyed
if he does make the deal... it will be short term solution, the village will get money, demon king won't send his armies, but when there's a war, the demons will be well equiped...

the king should be the one to handle this problem, by sending human armies to protect the mine... or make a truce with the demon king...

that's why the village's mayor should send news that he managed secure mythril mine, and request aid from the king

it is never daryl's job to finish this problem in the first place

Dex-chan lover
@deviatesfish @gregger Are the knockers humanity's enemies as well? They used to work under the demons. Better kill them as soon as possible, being so suspicious, am I not right?

The most realistic way to encourage peace between two parties of past enmity is trade. It's something that benefits both, so there's nothing suspicious or forced about it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, despite all the possibilities that the demons could arms themselves with the mythrils. At least the human could control their supply like a tap water rather than having the mythrils flow like a waterfall to the demons

Contributor
This guy will probably try to murder some demons with a group, leading to another war if Daryl don't do anything.

Dex-chan lover
@gregger the problem is that Mythril is not only used for weapons it will be similar to uranium yeah you can use it as a bomb but it can also be used to power a whole country better tan any fossil fuel with far lower pollutants being produced.

based on their description it's more like a futuristic battery able to store a lot of magic and enhance said magic even with small amount of mythril what you do with that stored magic is up to the user ether blow something up or make potatoes grow 10x faster and based on the current demon king he seems to be the type to make potatoes grow 10x faster instead of blowing things up.

Dex-chan lover
wonder what fuck boy will do. will he do something bad and try to frame the demons for it. Will he do something in the open. Either way he will be a bumbling idiot

Unpopular opinion: I would rather wait a month or two just to wait for the full version of each chapter rather than reading it in splited version like this.

Anyway, thank you for the upload, much appreciated.

If I get this correctly then these Mythrils are supposedly something equivalent to high grade weapons materials, why the fuck Daryl as an adventurer even have saying in these matters, don't they have kings and the councils for these?
It's like letting elon musk selling rocket technology to China without the consent from the state.

Dex-chan lover
@akbarsanjaya
The human king can't defend the mine. There has already been a war over the mine and the human forces were defeated again and again.
Daryl is the only person the knockers will listen to, and since the knockers were the one in charge of the mine, he is their leader. He is the one who freed the knockers and the one who acts as the mediator between the village and the knockers.
In that position, he has the qualification to make that decision.
Even if the village mayor send word to the king, it would take a long time for a response and even longer to assemble a force to defend the mine.

Remember, the mine was once the crown and glory of the human forces until the demons captured it. If the mine was that important then it was defended well back in the day. Even with that, the demons still won the mine.

Users who are viewing this thread