Kajiya de Hajimeru Isekai Slow Life

Aggregator gang
It's another delusion manga by your average japanese virgin otaku about a japanese virgin salaryman getting isekai'd in a fantasy world to live an easy lazy life with cat girls and loli tanned dwarves but still got cheat skills of gods for the e-peepee.

Just like several comments below mine pointed out, it would have been decent/good if the author had genuine knowledge of blacksmithing... I guess he wanted to live a lazy life as a writer like his MC.

But it's not a bad read if you're looking for something cute and comfy thanks to the artist's talent.

Fed-Kun's army
heh yeah like the other comments said. Its quite funny that the author went out of their way to try and be smart with blacksmithing when they just threw random stuff in

Basically overgeared but wholesome. Harems is a no for me but its blacksmith xd

The art is really nice, the concept is also not absolute cringe, but the art of knive&sword making oh the horror.

swordcasting is kinda bronze age technology, when they still didnt know howt to make hard metal. theres almost no vid about testing casted swords, and the vid ive seen is amateur ish ch, casting sword and test them, casted sword is laughingly weak, they cant even block or stab without bending & warping.

even amateur swordmaker in forged by fire didnt cast sword blade and quench, they hammer out the shape and then heat treating. and after hardening we still sometimes see blades shatter, bend and all kind of catastrophical failure.

Aggregator gang
@BraveHeartedHero
Yea, I might have been a bit too crude about it. It's just so tiring to see so many LN written as personal delusions made out of frustration instead of tales made from experience and knowledge to be conveyed. I was just getting fed-up by this (bad isekai) trend but it doesn't excuse that some part of my comment might have been inappropriate. I apologize for that.

This has a nice premise but the author seem to know shit about blacksmithing itself from what I read from the comments.

bruh this is literally your everyday isekai manga but instead of fighting he makes swords that can pretty much one shot anything. Md fix your rating system 😬

@Pucci83
Yeah, there are many comments on Novell about that, he knows less about it than the average reader and that's bad for reading it. I picked up this manga, because if it's in pictures, maybe lack of explanation and things working magically just because won't be so bad in this format? Hopefully.
I seriously don't get it. If the author was committed to writing with this premise in mind, he should have made some better research about it, even some advice from google search and watching some youtube would probably suffice for it.

We can see it even here, knives have superior sharpness, yet that is the first thing to go away with its use. Do they stay ultra-sharp by some magic? It's never explained. In swords, it even depends, in plenty of swords, sharpness is not the issue, it's mostly durability - which is not even shown. < Bear in mind this comes from a guy who knows barely anything about smithing from games and some videos.

@Hitspark the authors of 99% of mangas don't seam to know anything, not even basic human interactions. they just recreate what they saw in other mangas and give it a stupid twist usually something perverted and thats it. its all one big game of telephone and the result is what you would expect, terrible writing.

All of the objects he makes were forged, not cast.
Or set the story backwards technologically: bronze was usually cast (though it can also be forged). Though obviously that has the issue that you now need the world systems to make bronze.
Just like several comments below mine pointed out, it would have been decent/good if the author had genuine knowledge of blacksmithing... I guess he wanted to live a lazy life as a writer like his MC.
Or just the basics. Or asked, I'm sure there are plenty of smiths who'd be happy to help.

Or even just... didn't center the "story" around blacksmithing and picked basically anything else. It might as well be raising chicken, pickling greens, or woodworking for all the relevance it's had so far.

Users who are viewing this thread