Kamigami no Kago de Seisan Kakumei - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.3

Dex-chan lover
She sent a genocidal generic face platoon just because she doesn't feel like understanding the situation? I do not care if the author writes a huge arc to try to copium the readers into forgiving her, this commander is a bitch in my book now
Yeah, this seems like something that isn't gonna go away very easily regardless of how the author tries to spin it. You know it's bad when the butler's the one being the voice of reason and the leader just shrugs it off, lmao.

Guy has the 4-star blessing from the god of heroes huh? So the gods are just as responsible for how shit their world is if they don't actually, you know, keep an eye on who they hand the nukes to.
I'm hoping at least that there's an excuse here of the gods just having too much to deal with to actively surveil the land, but when this actually gets brought up to them by MC (the one guy who can actually directly communicate with them), they'll revoke the blessing or something.

Double-page supporter
She sent a genocidal generic face platoon just because she doesn't feel like understanding the situation? I do not care if the author writes a huge arc to try to copium the readers into forgiving her, this commander is a bitch in my book now
Truer words have never been written, it's so annoying when writers try this and give them the most generic backstory as to why they are a failure of a human all to gain sympathy. I wish writers would just decide to stop falling on that cliché and have more mc's and companions just decide nah and not forgive them for a change.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Someone got counterattacked by the chicken n the cow, n they lose...
(OωO`)...

Dex-chan lover
I shove every goodwill that I had on her to a fricking landfill. she immediately choose to destroy anything that bugs her. it's no wonder she kept a mass murderer on her vital ranks. any chance author decided to add this bitch on harem would be the time i dropped this
Might as well do it right now. She's a woman, this is a 40IQ-manga, chances she'll be waifud are 99.9%

Dex-chan lover
You know what, from the wording maybe he really was gonna say without backup or something, who knows.

Not necessarily, there's countless isekai and manga in general where protagonist kills without any issue, so rather than cultural trend I suspect it's more due to the intended consumers.
Maybe most slice of life isekai are consumed by guys who just want a somewhat chill carefree harem, so protagonist is always bland and nice for easier self insert, you know, spineless guys who don't have courage to do shit, so protagonist is always unreasonably spineless and nice too.
Realistically I can't claim in any way that I know the statistics of manga trends. I have no real reason to and I have a feeling that any research done would be exclusively in Japanese, so I wouldn't understand it anyway. I also can't realistically claim to know Japanese culture beyond what I have gleamed from manga and the classes I have taken in High School and College (on the language specifically, not the culture).

My reaction to you was actually somewhat unfair because I have been reacting "harshly" towards people bemoaning Japanese main characters' behaviors recently. Generally I rationalize the behavior (i.e. give a valid reason for what they did), but more recently (or if the above doesn't work) I basically fall on the simple "excuse" that it's written for a different culture and those arguing for a "different re/action" are ignoring this fact.

You, however, had a response that makes it clear that you aren't that kind of person. So, again, sorry for making an assumption. (I was expecting a very different response and was going to simply respond with a "Well, it's not for you." or something similar. I'm now glad I didn't start with that in my first comment.)

However, one thing confuses me. I'm reading "most" Isekai manga (from Japan) hosted on this website. My experience seems to be very different from your's: most don't kill (humans or "intelligent" species) very easily. Monsters? No doubt. "People?" Not usually. Certainly there are those manga that have a protagonist who does kill people, I can think of more than five off the top of my head (although my memory for titles is non-existent, so...) but more than two to four times that are more pacifistic.
I would be curious to compare notes. Which Mangas are you referring to?

Lastly, but not leastly, I absolutely MUST say that I fully agree that these guys need to be killed. Even if it makes the MC more of a targeted for the humans of this world (or just that kingdom), not "removing" them is far more of a risk. And that's before going into the (positive) morality of removing people with criminal behavior such as their leader...

Dex-chan lover
Realistically I can't claim in any way that I know the statistics of manga trends. I have no real reason to and I have a feeling that any research done would be exclusively in Japanese, so I wouldn't understand it anyway. I also can't realistically claim to know Japanese culture beyond what I have gleamed from manga and the classes I have taken in High School and College (on the language specifically, not the culture).

My reaction to you was actually somewhat unfair because I have been reacting "harshly" towards people bemoaning Japanese main characters' behaviors recently. Generally I rationalize the behavior (i.e. give a valid reason for what they did), but more recently (or if the above doesn't work) I basically fall on the simple "excuse" that it's written for a different culture and those arguing for a "different re/action" are ignoring this fact.

You, however, had a response that makes it clear that you aren't that kind of person. So, again, sorry for making an assumption. (I was expecting a very different response and was going to simply respond with a "Well, it's not for you." or something similar. I'm now glad I didn't start with that in my first comment.)

However, one thing confuses me. I'm reading "most" Isekai manga (from Japan) hosted on this website. My experience seems to be very different from your's: most don't kill (humans or "intelligent" species) very easily. Monsters? No doubt. "People?" Not usually. Certainly there are those manga that have a protagonist who does kill people, I can think of more than five off the top of my head (although my memory for titles is non-existent, so...) but more than two to four times that are more pacifistic.
I would be curious to compare notes. Which Mangas are you referring to?

Lastly, but not leastly, I absolutely MUST say that I fully agree that these guys need to be killed. Even if it makes the MC more of a targeted for the humans of this world (or just that kingdom), not "removing" them is far more of a risk. And that's before going into the (positive) morality of removing people with criminal behavior such as their leader...
My main issue is mostly due to the fact that in many mangas, not just isekai, the protagonist is completely against killing in general, even if the person is objectively completely evil and deserves it, probably due to japan focus on forgiveness, which is why sooner or later protagonist always do generic "this is unforgivable" to show they're really angry now.

It's fine when they're more or less pacifist but still kill when really necessary, my main issue is with the suicidally and moronically forgiving protagonist that basically never kill at all beyond any reason, even if the enemy is rapist, serial killer, genocidal maniac, that even if they kill the enemy, they're still gonna feel bad about it later.

So I'm hoping this manga won't be one of those, I don't expect Tadashi to kill all threats that show up, I'm just hoping he won't be one of those really wimp and spineless protagonists.

Those I'm talking about are not as common as it seems, it's just that so many mangas the protagonist starts wimp that after some point they all feel like same pathetic spineless wimp lol

Hope now I made more clear what I meant, so I probably don't need to share mangas that I won't even remember the name lol

As for this chapter, I bet in two situations, either dude dies, or gods remove his blessing and he is put in jail, I prefer if he dies, but as long as he's not forgiven even after killing Erin friends I'm fine really, since he doesn't deserve it.

Dex-chan lover
My main issue is mostly due to the fact that in many mangas, not just isekai, the protagonist is completely against killing in general, even if the person is objectively completely evil and deserves it, probably due to japan focus on forgiveness, which is why sooner or later protagonist always do generic "this is unforgivable" to show they're really angry now.

It's fine when they're more or less pacifist but still kill when really necessary, my main issue is with the suicidally and moronically forgiving protagonist that basically never kill at all beyond any reason, even if the enemy is rapist, serial killer, genocidal maniac, that even if they kill the enemy, they're still gonna feel bad about it later.

So I'm hoping this manga won't be one of those, I don't expect Tadashi to kill all threats that show up, I'm just hoping he won't be one of those really wimp and spineless protagonists.

Those I'm talking about are not as common as it seems, it's just that so many mangas the protagonist starts wimp that after some point they all feel like same pathetic spineless wimp lol

Hope now I made more clear what I meant, so I probably don't need to share mangas that I won't even remember the name lol

As for this chapter, I bet in two situations, either dude dies, or gods remove his blessing and he is put in jail, I prefer if he dies, but as long as he's not forgiven even after killing Erin friends I'm fine really, since he doesn't deserve it.
Certainly I understand that. While I can appreciate that there are some religions that (effectively if not literally) revolve around "forgiveness" (not saying Japan follows one or more, just making a point) I still believe that threats that cannot have their ability to be "threats" stripped should be eliminated outright. And it's extremely rare to have the ability to outright "strip" someone's "ability to be a threat" so this is the majority of the time in situations that you brought up.

"Forgiveness" for many crimes require "punishment" of equal or greater scale. Forgiveness for these level crimes require something that requires a being to generally no longer be considered a "mortal" anymore. Some protagonists are capable of that... The vast majority are not. And trying to be righteous and give "forgiveness" for something that you literally cannot prevent is not "righteousness" it's stupidity (not even the mere level of "ignorance" but nothing less than outright absolute stupidity).
"Priests" of [insert religion here] may be "said" to have the "authority" to forgive [insert crime here] but unless the individual actually regrets doing it, and fully intends to not do it again, it's literally just lip service...

Finally, I certainly agree with not being able to remember "generic name" of "manga" within which "event" happened... Hell, I generally can't even remember "chapter" in which "event" I'm specifically referring to happened...

Aggregator gang
I can't imagine an attack I would want more than a bunch of hot beast-eared girls dressed in bikinis charging me.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I'll be impressed if the author even bothers to do more than try to convince the readers, or other characters, that "It's alright because she won't do bad things anymore so we should forgive her" after she gets some generic slap on the wrist. Too many writers of these slice-of-life isekai/fantasy works thoughtlessly introduce heavier themes and plot points like this and fail to give them the appropriate gravitas for me to expect more from them.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, Tadashi gonna be typical "killing is baaad" wimp japanese protagonist isn't he? Even though Erin said the dude literally wiped out her village and killed her friends, fucking Japan man :facepalm:

Imagine you and your soldiers get annihilated by dog girls in swimsuit :dogkek:
That’s one of the reasons why I dread war arcs in isekais. Mcs would put their own people in danger just to capture the enemy army alive because they don’t want people to be killed. Then there would be a battle with like thousands of people and somehow at the very end there would be 0 death and 0 injuries. That just doesn’t make any sense.

Dex-chan lover
You know what, from the wording maybe he really was gonna say without backup or something, who knows.

Not necessarily, there's countless isekai and manga in general where protagonist kills without any issue, so rather than cultural trend I suspect it's more due to the intended consumers.
Maybe most slice of life isekai are consumed by guys who just want a somewhat chill carefree harem, so protagonist is always bland and nice for easier self insert, you know, spineless guys who don't have courage to do shit, so protagonist is always unreasonably spineless and nice too.
Its very much a publisher and age rating thing. They have a ton of restrictions one how often or how main cast a character can be to be allowed to kill before they up the age rating.

Dex-chan lover
Out of all the unbelievable things and tropes in this manga the thing that is triggering people is there is an antagonist in a medieval fantasy setting that acts like a murdering, slaving, mercenary? The fuck?

Even if the Frontline kingdom is a shitshow and the princess is a moron, the author did at least set them up as slaving pillaging asshats whose actual king was recently incapacitated. They haven't done anything out of character.

I do hope the beastgirls are on their way to grab magic metal weapons to rip into those guys. The Harvest Moon MC said he'd leave military matters to others so hopefully he actually does, and they are competant.

Dex-chan lover
Its very much a publisher and age rating thing. They have a ton of restrictions one how often or how main cast a character can be to be allowed to kill before they up the age rating.
Worst part is that a different publisher selling manga for same consumers might go opposite extreme, with psychopath protagonist that murders and rapes everyone he sees.

Dex-chan lover
Finally, I certainly agree with not being able to remember "generic name" of "manga" within which "event" happened... Hell, I generally can't even remember "chapter" in which "event" I'm specifically referring to happened...
On the forgiveness part, too many nice protagonists are self righteous moralists, sometimes because the manga is for young people, sometimes because it's self insert garbage.

As for remembering manga, I read too much shit, and some isekai blur on each other due to being so generic lol

That’s one of the reasons why I dread war arcs in isekais. Mcs would put their own people in danger just to capture the enemy army alive because they don’t want people to be killed. Then there would be a battle with like thousands of people and somehow at the very end there would be 0 death and 0 injuries. That just doesn’t make any sense.
The other extreme, the protagonist "brilliant" tactics let them win easily without any casualties while destroying the enemy, even though the tactic was stupid and enemy lost mostly due to incompetence and plot armor.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean, you aren't wrong. To memory I have only seen one instance of "thousands of people fighting and 0 deaths or injuries" that was even remotely believable, and it wasn't 0 injury or deaths. I can't remember the exact name but something like: War of the three Continents (MC reincarnates as an elf prince whose kingdom goes to war to reunite(?) the continents? Something...) Anyway, he doesn't try to go "no deaths or injuries" across the border, he's fighting against his brother who rebelled, and one group fighting for his brother is "worth saving," so he manages a tactic that has only been "successful twice" and fully surrounds the enemy, the group who was worth keeping alive manages to "escape" the encirclement, and surrenders.

Out of all the unbelievable things and tropes in this manga the thing that is triggering people is there is an antagonist in a medieval fantasy setting that acts like a murdering, slaving, mercenary? The fuck?

I do hope the beastgirls are on their way to grab magic metal weapons to rip into those guys. The Harvest Moon MC said he'd leave military matters to others so hopefully he actually does, and they are competant.
I mean, at least they aren't "cheering" the guy on... Far too often I see people demanding protagonists do this instead of practically anything else...
Also I somehow doubt that the beast girls are going to get weapons, but instead rushing in unarmed... It's a trope that "beast" people "don't use weapons"... But I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Worst part is that a different publisher selling manga for same consumers might go opposite extreme, with psychopath protagonist that murders and rapes everyone he sees.
And this is exactly what I see people demanding protagonists do (Isekai or just fantasy). It's why I react so harshly to the word "spineless" or "brainless" (etc).
There is a "good" balance somewhere between excessively (stupidly) pacifistic and "psycho murder rapist". Yes, far too often these are on the pacifist side, but that doesn't require the "table flip" that is what you mentioned...
The protagonist doesn't need to immediately resort to violence/murder, nor immediately "sex" anything resembling a female (or male for female protagonists, or, hell, female for female protagonists...) to be a compelling character with a compelling plot. ... But they really shouldn't simply "let baddies go" either, nor "respond passively to any harassment." (I do, however, vastly prefer "nuanced" revenge to "now you dead" revenge... Give me a "living hell where you become what you made others" any day. Or a getting caught in your own corruption and politically murdered.)

Dex-chan lover

Even if the Frontline kingdom is a shitshow and the princess is a moron, the author did at least set them up as slaving pillaging asshats whose actual king was recently incapacitated. They haven't done anything out of character.

I think people issue is more that the leader is just plain moronic, not due to her bad actions in itself.

I don't think they'll use weapons now, but after this attack they might start making some.

I mean, you aren't wrong. To memory I have only seen one instance of "thousands of people fighting and 0 deaths or injuries" that was even remotely believable, and it wasn't 0 injury or deaths. I can't remember the exact name but something like: War of the three Continents (MC reincarnates as an elf prince whose kingdom goes to war to reunite(?) the continents? Something...) Anyway, he doesn't try to go "no deaths or injuries" across the border, he's fighting against his brother who rebelled, and one group fighting for his brother is "worth saving," so he manages a tactic that has only been "successful twice" and fully surrounds the enemy, the group who was worth keeping alive manages to "escape" the encirclement, and surrenders.

I mean, at least they aren't "cheering" the guy on... Far too often I see people demanding protagonists do this instead of practically anything else...
Also I somehow doubt that the beast girls are going to get weapons, but instead rushing in unarmed... It's a trope that "beast" people "don't use weapons"... But I sincerely hope I am wrong.

And this is exactly what I see people demanding protagonists do (Isekai or just fantasy). It's why I react so harshly to the word "spineless" or "brainless" (etc).
There is a "good" balance somewhere between excessively (stupidly) pacifistic and "psycho murder rapist". Yes, far too often these are on the pacifist side, but that doesn't require the "table flip" that is what you mentioned...
The protagonist doesn't need to immediately resort to violence/murder, nor immediately "sex" anything resembling a female (or male for female protagonists, or, hell, female for female protagonists...) to be a compelling character with a compelling plot. ... But they really shouldn't simply "let baddies go" either, nor "respond passively to any harassment." (I do, however, vastly prefer "nuanced" revenge to "now you dead" revenge... Give me a "living hell where you become what you made others" any day. Or a getting caught in your own corruption and politically murdered.)
Please do link if you remember name of the elf manga you mentioned lol

I think one issue is that a lot of publishers want to sell mangas that are "safe", no risk of losing money, so a lot of them boil down to repeating same old cliches again and again, and since self insert is easy to sell, it always gravitate to dumb nice naive wimp protagonists who gets all the girls, or power fantasy psychopath who kills and rapes everyone.
Japanese publishers also seem to be scared of realistic, reasonable well written stories and characters when it comes to manga in general, not just isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Sigh, Tadashi gonna be typical "killing is baaad" wimp japanese protagonist isn't he? Even though Erin said the dude literally wiped out her village and killed her friends, fucking Japan man :facepalm:

Imagine you and your soldiers get annihilated by dog girls in swimsuit :dogkek:
about that shitty guy, no Erin killed him here and Tadashi not even stopped her, he stop her in this chapter cause Erin just jump to that guy without plan and attacking in chaos with chance she getting injured which she is and almost dead cause that guy holding some sort acid potion(?)

Users who are viewing this thread