Kamigami no Kago de Seisan Kakumei - Vol. 2 Ch. 10.3

Dex-chan lover
well Glad everyone on same page this time about that Woman being idiot lol, thought i already told it in last chapter but yeah benefit of doubt

Dex-chan lover
I think people issue is more that the leader is just plain moronic, not due to her bad actions in itself.

I don't think they'll use weapons now, but after this attack they might start making some.

Please do link if you remember name of the elf manga you mentioned lol

I think one issue is that a lot of publishers want to sell mangas that are "safe", no risk of losing money, so a lot of them boil down to repeating same old cliches again and again, and since self insert is easy to sell, it always gravitate to dumb nice naive wimp protagonists who gets all the girls, or power fantasy psychopath who kills and rapes everyone.
Japanese publishers also seem to be scared of realistic, reasonable well written stories and characters when it comes to manga in general, not just isekai.
Well, bless me, it was a hell of a lot easier to find than I thought. (Second/Third page of my "completed" follows)
Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents
It was within the last five(?) chapters.

With regards to publishers, I'm not sure I can call that purely a "publisher" issue. It may be a cultural issue. I assume that you aren't Japanese, and haven't studied Japanese literature; neither am I, and nor have I (in case that wasn't abundantly obvious...) so neither of us can really say that this isn't outright a cultural issue.
I can think of a few stories that I personally believe are well written with decent characters, that are adaptations and not outright mangas (but, then, a LOT of manga are also adaptations). Death March (Isekai), Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon (not Isekai), Sword Art Online (and subsequent books, not an Isekai - and I will literally fight anyone who says it is...). The Alchemist Who Survived (not Isekai, not manga, yet?), I'm A Spider? So What! (Isekai), Jobless Reincarnation (which my phone knew I was trying to type for some reason... Isekai), Ascendance Of A Bookworm (Isekai). The above aren't perfect, certainly, but they certainly aren't bad either...

Fed-Kun's army
Out of all the unbelievable things and tropes in this manga the thing that is triggering people is there is an antagonist in a medieval fantasy setting that acts like a murdering, slaving, mercenary? The fuck?

Even if the Frontline kingdom is a shitshow and the princess is a moron, the author did at least set them up as slaving pillaging asshats whose actual king was recently incapacitated. They haven't done anything out of character.
I don't know about anyone else, but my problem is less with "duchess bad/dumb," and more with the painfully high likelihood that the duchess will somehow be added to the harem. Thus all the hardships and suffering she and her duchy inflicted upon the various immigrant groups making up Tadashi's Kingdom will be easily forgiven and then completely forgotten for some stupid reason like "she wasn't a bad person at heart" or some similar garbage. After all, this is a "comfy isekai slice-of-life" and we can't have any serious matters or long-lasting consequences get in the way of the fluff.
I'm not asking for some nuanced drama about overcoming and moving on beyond the mistakes and wrongdoings of the past. I'd be satisfied if she's kept at arm's length until she comically self-destructs under the weight of her obvious incompetence.:meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
Worst part is that a different publisher selling manga for same consumers might go opposite extreme, with psychopath protagonist that murders and rapes everyone he sees.
I think that is the problem, its not standardized at all, its all left up to the editor. So they tend to over correct to play it safe as they don't know what will be demanded by the companies higher ups or any other parties with some form of say.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes it's so refreshing to read someone so incompetent it's never felt malicious. The leader is just a dumdum who should never wield power of that scale.
I wonder if the MC is willing to retaliate

Dex-chan lover
I have to be honest, I don't really see the duchess/princess as a fool here. I see someone who was doing a difficult job, who then had a ton of extra work dumped on them, and then even more problems appeared. And while trying to deal with all of that at the same time, generic jerk-face dude with the Hero God's Blessing comes in and says "I have a simple solution to at least one of your problems!" And her response is the same one that pretty much anyone who is overworked would give, "Fine take care of it, I've fifty got other things to do." As for why she's ignoring the butler, he's the one who keeps bringing her problems, not solutions. I have seen this exact reaction from my boss more than once, so that's what I'm basing this on. Doesn't really make for good writing, but it is how humans tend to act.

Thanks for the upload.

Dex-chan lover
Well, bless me, it was a hell of a lot easier to find than I thought. (Second/Third page of my "completed" follows)
Heroic Chronicles of the Three Continents
It was within the last five(?) chapters.

With regards to publishers, I'm not sure I can call that purely a "publisher" issue. It may be a cultural issue. I assume that you aren't Japanese, and haven't studied Japanese literature; neither am I, and nor have I (in case that wasn't abundantly obvious...) so neither of us can really say that this isn't outright a cultural issue.
I can think of a few stories that I personally believe are well written with decent characters, that are adaptations and not outright mangas (but, then, a LOT of manga are also adaptations). Death March (Isekai), Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon (not Isekai), Sword Art Online (and subsequent books, not an Isekai - and I will literally fight anyone who says it is...). The Alchemist Who Survived (not Isekai, not manga, yet?), I'm A Spider? So What! (Isekai), Jobless Reincarnation (which my phone knew I was trying to type for some reason... Isekai), Ascendance Of A Bookworm (Isekai). The above aren't perfect, certainly, but they certainly aren't bad either...
Thanks for the link

Being a publisher issue doesn't mean it's not cultural issue too.
A lot of Japanese media are made with self insert in mind by default exactly due to their cultural issues.
Like crushing social expectations and how they're forced to "fit in" and never be different, attract attention to themselves or act in "shameful" way, among other things.
It's one reason there's so much harem garbage with cardboard cutout nice protagonists, easy cheap escapism sells.
Writing quality is secondary a lot of times unfortunately.

Supporter
I see someone who was doing a difficult job, who then had a ton of extra work dumped on them, and then even more problems appeared.
Sir you do not commit genocide just because you are working overtime for a week, that's reserved to edgy mangas for problematic teenagers

Supporter
Writing quality is secondary a lot of times unfortunately.
Worse, it's secondary even on the impact of the sales, i hate it every time a well written story (by literary standards not just me being into it) gets axed because it didn't try any of the afforementioned approaches

Dex-chan lover
Worse, it's secondary even on the impact of the sales, i hate it every time a well written story (by literary standards not just me being into it) gets axed because it didn't try any of the afforementioned approaches
Worst part is that many good axed manga are adaptations, so mangaka couldn't even continue it by themselves if they wanted, hell, I suspect that even if it's original manga they basically couldn't continue by themselves, either because publisher holds the rights for the series, or because even if they could they would basically get black listed by publishers for doing whatever they want, which would kill their professional career.

Although nowdays thanks to many publishers doing only digital release, it do feel like many series that would get axed are instead being allowed to try, since there's no losing money/pages by printing something that wouldn't sell enough, so hopefully it'll get better over the years.

At least the impression I get is that as a whole digital publishers seem to give more freedom to the mangaka, but I could be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Guy has the 4-star blessing from the god of heroes huh? So the gods are just as responsible for how shit their world is if they don't actually, you know, keep an eye on who they hand the nukes to.
I mean, they just gave the blessing when they are still young, whether they grew into a hero or an evil, it's not up to the recipient.

Like in any other stories out there, the gods won't actively take back the blessing they had given, even if the wielder had become a bad guy.
It's up to themselves to decide their own future.

Dex-chan lover
Sir you do not commit genocide just because you are working overtime for a week, that's reserved to edgy mangas for problematic teenagers
Yes, horrible things happened; and yes, she is indirectly responsible ( I say indirectly as she has not been shown or said to have personally killed anyone) as she gave the orders. Also, she won't do anything to punish generic jerk face (GJF because I'm sick of typing that) as he is still useful. And this isn't overtime for a week, this is 18 hour days for months. That messes with your head and skews your judgement.

Please note that in my post I did not say she was making a good decision, or that I agreed with her decision. I said that she was not being foolish. She made the exact decision that most people in positions of authority make on a regular basis, they pick the fastest, least expensive, or least complicated (choose two) method of solving a problem as they have multiple other problems that they need to solve. Sending the GJF off to deal with this "problem" does several things:
1) He is out of the way. Meaning he isn't around potentially making trouble in an area she is responsible for trying to control.​
2) He is fixing the "problem" of slaves/taxpayers running away. He'll either kill them off which serves as a warning to others, or kill some and bring the rest back by force, which again serves as a warning not to try and run off.​
3) He'll bring back loot. Which is to say, taxes.​
Naturally these are real-world contexts for her decision; the actual context is he had to go because the plot says so. Both real people and people in fiction react with what they see as the best option with the information they have. She picked the best option that she could see. We know that was a poor choice, but she does not. From her perspective this is an absolute win-win-win situation. She knows nothing about the MC, and has no way of knowing about the MC at this point in time.

Having heavy topics in even light fantasy or slice of life stories is not unusual. Bad stuff happens to people, even when you're busy and trying to mind your own business, stuff happens.
Also, just to throw this in as well, I don't want to see her joining the MC's harem. I have very little confidence that she won't be, but I don't think it's necessary. It would cheapen the relationship between him and the girls that has been built to this point in my opinion.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She sent a genocidal generic face platoon just because she doesn't feel like understanding the situation? I do not care if the author writes a huge arc to try to copium the readers into forgiving her, this commander is a bitch in my book now
Their fucking around was quite short, but now they find out.

Either that, or really, really incompetent.
Counterpoint because playing devils advocate is fun.

She sent them to die and/or scout the place knowing they might lose.
Anything with the ability to clean the land is probably powerful and very valuable.
If "it" is powerful she gets the fuckboi who clearly is a liability killed, and if not its probably great loot.

Might not be the best solution to a problem but she clearly has other issues she things are more important.

Users who are viewing this thread