Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 …

Dex-chan lover
Honestly as weird as it sounds I actually like the Intelligence the "Church Knights" have shown aside from the fanatic. They refuse to underestimate our Ossan, correctly judging it has to be a 3-1 for them to even stand a chance and once one goes down they make no illusions how bad the Situation is. That's worlds above the usual arrogant Manga antagonist.
And yeah the guy is definitely dead or about to die, he straight out gutted the guy. This is not the kind of Powerfantasy Manga where the Protag just cuts people in pieces with MC Power but a more realistic depiction.

Dex-chan lover
my guy is a monster.

IRL, 1v2 is stupidly difficult, and 1v3 is basically impossible. this is because you can get locked by one and flanked by the others. that's part of the reason why numbers were so crucial in the Cold Arms era of war.

the 3 baddies were smart to use their numbers. even though old man maneuvered between the pews, they still flanked and surrounded him. at that point, it's basically a loss, because you can't defend your front and back simultaneously.

what old man did was smooth. parry blade 1 into the path of blade 2, neutralizing them. that's the most realistic and god-tier thing. blocking blade 3 with his scabbard like that was pure fantasy, but it was hella awesome. he didn't do anything super flashy as a follow-up; his grip on the scabbard is superior, so twisting the guy's blade out of position was all that old man needed.

real sword master shit.

enemy 4 in armor is probably the drunk guy. fighting an armored dude when you're not is scary, too, and he's still got a couple to deal with.

Dex-chan lover
I’m glad it’s a “normal” swordsmanship. The guy got his belly cut instead of sliced into two like butter in most other series.

On top of the thickness of muscles and existence of organs, swords aren’t meant to cut through bones, they can shatter or break bones, but it might damage/chip the blade on the process. Even if Beryl could do it, he probably don’t want to damage his sword needlessly (or recklessly going to deep and getting his sword stuck).
So it makes perfect sense for the cut to be the outcome (the vice-captain’s strength aside).

Another plus would be that the author doesn’t waste time on some meaningless exchange. Swordfights are best when they are swift and decisive.
Isn't his sword super special though? Could be just habit, aiming for heavy wounds rather then a killing blow.

Edit:Nvm he didn't get the new sword yet. Must have mixed in the novel

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
my guy is a monster.

IRL, 1v2 is stupidly difficult, and 1v3 is basically impossible. this is because you can get locked by one and flanked by the others. that's part of the reason why numbers were so crucial in the Cold Arms era of war.

the 3 baddies were smart to use their numbers. even though old man maneuvered between the pews, they still flanked and surrounded him. at that point, it's basically a loss, because you can't defend your front and back simultaneously.

what old man did was smooth. parry blade 1 into the path of blade 2, neutralizing them. that's the most realistic and god-tier thing. blocking blade 3 with his scabbard like that was pure fantasy, but it was hella awesome. he didn't do anything super flashy as a follow-up; his grip on the scabbard is superior, so twisting the guy's blade out of position was all that old man needed.

real sword master shit.

enemy 4 in armor is probably the drunk guy. fighting an armored dude when you're not is scary, too, and he's still got a couple to deal with.
it is, they mentioned his name

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
and i found it yesterday, quiet the nice read hopefully next chapter arrives soon

Fed-Kun's army
The choreography on the 3v1 fight was beautiful. I love that the artist shows the swords in motion, showing the reach each has. The slice across the church knight's abdomen is likely fatal if he isn't getting cured and it looks like Beryl isn't giving them the chance to regroup.

Double-page supporter
So~~~ the sword master title doesn't just for show.....

for those who doubt that old man could kill someone?

now you got the answer.
s3bueajk8bs4aothj9O5-o.jpg
Now there is no child he have be careful not to be a bad example to be worries about.

Users who are viewing this thread