Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 21 …

Dex-chan lover
So~~~ the sword master title doesn't just for show.....

for those who doubt that old man could kill someone?

now you got the answer.
s3bueajk8bs4aothj9O5-o.jpg

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dude wasn't chopped in half, so I'm still skeptical on him actually killing the guy.
While I agree with this especially since this is a fantasy manga, I like it this way. It's some kind of reminder that no matter how strong he is, he's still just a human with no superpower, just more experienced. Able to deal a deep cut but not enough to split a person into two.

But yeah still I do hope the enemy stays dead.

Dex-chan lover
I’m glad it’s a “normal” swordsmanship. The guy got his belly cut instead of sliced into two like butter in most other series.

On top of the thickness of muscles and existence of organs, swords aren’t meant to cut through bones, they can shatter or break bones, but it might damage/chip the blade on the process. Even if Beryl could do it, he probably don’t want to damage his sword needlessly (or recklessly going to deep and getting his sword stuck).
So it makes perfect sense for the cut to be the outcome (the vice-captain’s strength aside).

Another plus would be that the author doesn’t waste time on some meaningless exchange. Swordfights are best when they are swift and decisive.

Dex-chan lover
So, they weren't lying about resurrection? Although, seems like it's just animating the corpse. So it'll end up like a Sacred Stones situation.

Thanks for the TL

From the raw I've seen
pretty much bs (the people have no mind and just move as ordered) but the church knights seem to have someone dead/dying they need such miracle for so despite how much of a piece of shit the priest is (captain here definitely wasn't amused when the priest send the 'resurrected' to be cannonfodder to delay MC)

Captain basically tell the priest on the carriage that taking the girl with them was a mistake, comparing it to stealing a dragon's egg.
That no matter if they escape to another country, he (MC) will come after them to get the girl back, because that's his 'duty'

Dex-chan lover
Sven faith church might be facing tougher times in that country. It wouldn't be unimaginable for the king to claim the right to nominate the national church leadership henceforth.

Dex-chan lover
I’m glad it’s a “normal” swordsmanship. The guy got his belly cut instead of sliced into two like butter in most other series.

On top of the thickness of muscles and existence of organs, swords aren’t meant to cut through bones, they can shatter or break bones, but it might damage/chip the blade on the process. Even if Beryl could do it, he probably don’t want to damage his sword needlessly (or recklessly going to deep and getting his sword stuck).
So it makes perfect sense for the cut to be the outcome (the vice-captain’s strength aside).

Another plus would be that the author doesn’t waste time on some meaningless exchange. Swordfights are best when they are swift and decisive.
i remember reading a long writing on french executioner method on sword-beheadment.
From the subject positioning, pose, blade swing, and how only if everything done right, the blade could cut through the neck bone and cleanly beheaded the subject.

well, before guillotine invented
---
the name of the executioner is Charles-Henri Sanson
surprisingly well documented family of executioner and subject of Manga Innocent and its sequel Innocent-Rouge

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread