Katainaka no Ossan, Kensei ni Naru: Tada no Inaka no Kenjutsu Shihan Datta noni, Taisei shita Deshi-tachi ga Ore wo Hottekurenai Ken - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 …

Dex-chan lover
To think that I'm here seeing intense sword control by literally holding the edge with your palms between two mages, people who specialize in (ranged) warfare, is something.

Not all swords are razor sharp because they would dull and chip quicker then. Many use their weight and shape to chop instead more like a kitchen knife.

Dex-chan lover
crazy battle nun(?) is pretty hot though, even with the scar face look.

but damn, swords become a lot scarier when TK is involved.

pg 30, Fis strikes twice (presumably almost instantly)

31, drilling is basically impossible to use practically; that's something you'd see from firearms

32, a downward strike like that is next to impossible to escape because the striker is far away... that said, Fis might've ended the fight earlier if she plunged the sword point-first into the skull. it's clear the sword is moving too fast for nun to maneuver away from

33, that cut is also impossible by normal means. obviously.

34, i also think Fis should've gone for the head or neck. the blade is moving faster than the nun, and arguably getting an eye is harder than getting the neck or head.

The magic slash seems to be a precision attack. I think it'd be best if Fis figures out a magic stab instead. if her cuts follow principles similar to physical projectiles then higher penetration would be more efficient with her magic power. (EDIT: she actually can magic thrust. see ch 5. but it doesn't seem to penetrate. guess it doesn't follow terminal ballistics.)

anyways good stuff. maybe if crazy nun lives, she'll start worshipping old man as Sven incarnate?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Tl;dr: it will cut, but it wont kill
WfCh33A.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
i know i sound like a broken record, but.... if you are fighting with melee weapons, why not use proper protection? gambesons, cuirasses, brigandines, etc. it seems kinda dumb for a story with a medieval setting forgetting all the essential gear :whistle:
and yeah, they are using magic and shit, but still. that chick could've avoided half the damage by wearing some ARMOR.
We've seen that these guys can straight up destroy rocks with their cuts, superhuman stuff. I don't think even full plate can handle that.

Dex-chan lover
to kinda merge these two, on top of targeting center mass, they might also emphasize the 's' in organs. It doesn't take too much to disable or destroy an organ once perforated. Rather than hitting the same vital that already stopped functioning, it's best to hit as many vital organs as you can at once if you want to put them down quickly.
Stabbing organs or cutting flesh did little. Even sword wounds to the head seemed to seal immediately. Zombie gal's healing spell just mended flesh/organs back together before they would become an issue.

What truely cause her issue was when large chunks of body mass was blown off her torso and overwhelmed her her ability to regenerate.

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter did a great job of portraying Fissel as the classic Spellsword jack-of-all-trades/"hybrid" trope. She's trained by the strongest swordsman and the strongest magician, but she herself isn't either of those things. She doesn't have Beryl's transcendental swordsmanship or perception/reflexes, and she doesn't have Lucy's bottomless pit of mana or endless selection of spells either.

Compared to her two masters, she's "only" very skilled with the sword, and very skilled with a few simple, practical forms of magic. She can be outmatched in one of those two areas by a more specialized opponent, but by swapping styles as needed, she can cover for her weaknesses while exploiting her opponent's, and can even do some unique Spellsword stuff that neither of her masters can replicate.

I also liked how, by contrast, the battle nun/priestess lady showcased a more Paladin-esque spin on the Spellsword, focusing on healing, buffs, and debuffs as opposed to direct offensive magic.

Reminds me of Saihate no Paladin, which is also really cool when it comes to showcasing those two archetypes, except that in that series, they're both the same character lol.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the way the artist uses the "キン"/"KIN" onomatopoeia text to simultaneously represent the sound AND the visuals of Fissel's slashes on page 7 is a super stylish touch.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Stabbing organs or cutting flesh did little. Even sword wounds to the head seemed to seal immediately. Zombie gal's healing spell just mended flesh/organs back together before they would become an issue.

What truely cause her issue was when large chunks of body mass was blown off her torso and overwhelmed her her ability to regenerate.
yeah, I only mean to say it's a similar idea. Rather than focusing on a narrow section, spread out damage to ruin as much tissue as possible.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with telekinesis is that once you think about it, that power could have just immobilized her opponent and granted her an easy kill. Then again, it's a technique that she thought up in the spur of the moment so I gotta give her a pass. There's enough going on to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Won't the opponent have resistance though? Since they also know how to use magic and has an awful lot of mana for it. Also, wouldn't it also be logical to have something like telekinesis which involves controlling something apart from your limb from distances using something intangible power like magic be extremely hard to utilize? It would also make sense that it's applicable to a sword who has no will, cannot wilfully resist force applied to it. If applied to a living being, the target would struggle and it would be hard to control.

Dex-chan lover
I like this. Usually in many manga's today this would be a curb stomp battle to show of the heroes power but here they where shown to be powerful each in their own way. It makes the Victory seem hard earned while still showing off that they won thanks to their skill and not some story bullshit.
Also the depiction of that fanatic was frankly very cool. No mad laughter. No weird faces. Just utter dedication to her cause that made her ignore her wounds.

Power Uploader
Thanks for the update!
This series have really nice sword fight! Can't wait to see the next chapters

Dex-chan lover
Great fight.

Surely, though, if she could just telekinesis the sword, why not go for decapitation instead of a body shot?
Edit: lmao I was wrong
Two choices:
A- she might have been able to heal herself as the sword passed through her neck, given how fast she heals
B- it was cooler the way it happened

Dex-chan lover
Not all swords are razor sharp because they would dull and chip quicker then. Many use their weight and shape to chop instead more like a kitchen knife.
Oh, I know that. Even half-swording is not a rare technique. Even if they didn't and actually put their fingers over the actual edge, that would even more portray of how intense the melee fight is.
I'm just amused that between mage characters, who are commonly portrayed as ranged fighters, we got an intense swordfight which is the specialty of melee fighters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread