Kaya-chan wa Kowakunai - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Mirrors are not scary

Dex-chan lover
image.png

Dex-chan lover
So, the kid also got switched, right? Like, that kid with the black crayons, the original is totally dead
If the kid is like Kaya it's possible he stopped it before it could get the job done.

Either that or only the mirror woman was in that mirror?

Regardless I think the kid is still fine since he reacts surprised when he sees the teacher in the morning.

Group Leader
On page 17, when Mero-sensei's crying for help, the panel is zoomed in on the ghost's face. Neat detail you wouldn't get on a first read, but it's likely signifying the real one in the mirror was actually the one shouting. Kaya's also a little confused when reversed sensei gets up but I guess she has more important things to worry about.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if this mirror creates a doppelganger of the person who sees it and then tries to kidnap them (rather than a sole creature trying to get out), it'd make sense a doppelgganger of the kid would make the mess in the mirror so another person would have to clean it, and then get kidnapped as well. But then, wouldn't the original kid be there on the mirror as well trying to get out?

That's why I think the kid is fine, but the sensei is imprisoned in the mirror. Hope Kaya can save her later, but considering they're in different classes I think that'll be unlikely.

Also, thank you very much for the scanlation and for going through the extra effort to identify and translate the obscured dialogue from the possessed(?) mom.

Users who are viewing this thread