Kenja no Mago

Fed-Kun's army
Art puts me a bit off compare to the anime or LN. I hope someday the anime continues. In a few years maybe

I remember watching the dubbed anime adaptation cuz I had nothing better to do. It was legit the most ear bledding dubbing I've ever heard lol. I think I dropped at chapter 9 when the little sister appeard. Who directed the voice acting srsly?!
Now I find out that it has a manga and I gotta say that this is no better. The writting is just a repetitive set of troopes and shonen clichés.

There are better isekai series out there, don't waste yout time here.

Power Uploader
How the fuck do people even read this shit? Listen kids, I am a big fan of trash isekais, even if everything about them are hella trash they are damn enjoyable. Arifureta, Death March, Isekai Smartphone are my favourite trash isekais. But this over here, is outright intolerable garbage.
The MC has the power to overthrow countries all by himself, and he goes around teaching his powers to randos, I want to punch that motherfucker in the face. He is so annoying, I'm baffled by how someone could make a character so annoying. There is nothing wrong with overpowered flawless MCs, but this bitch here, he is the worst of the worst. You have the lowest standard if you actually unironically like this.

the storyline is stretched out to the point where it becomes quite repetitive and boring, and even the plot itself is just uh...

I managed to hang in there just to see if that female gets killed off. I thought she would but nope. Not sure if that counts as a spoiler since its mainly just a hope I had that somehow she would get killed to make the plot interesting.

@LeMomar Same here. However it just doesnt get better. Its terribly generic writing and the "boring" art style makes it worse.

Generic Isekai Tropes without any changes? Check!
Mediocre Drawings? Check!
Boring Writing? Check

It's a mystery for me how this work got a anime adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
What's with Ellie's slutty outfit in chapter 53? Japanese manga artists seriously need to get laid more often.
And @Touyue It's a mystery to me why you are still reading this if that's how you feel about this manga. At LEAST 60% of the isekai genre is like this. I read it because this stuff is my guilty pleasure. Some people like to watch trashy reality TV knowing full well that it is trash. I enjoy reading trashy isekais knowing full well that they are trash. And for the record I fully agree with all the points you listed.

@DrSuperKamiGuru A Good Question. To be honest, I don't even know why it needed so much time for me to drop this series. I started reading the manga out of pure boredom and I always just read the updates, when I saw them. Eventually a lot of time passed and I read more Isekai mangas over time, so I did realize more and more how boring Isekais with low effort and generic tropes can be. Don't get me wrong, a Isekai having Isekai tropes is not bad only because of that reason. If that were to be the case, many other genre such as Shonen would also suffer a lot. However the repetition of tropes without a interesting change in context or the situation make it really weak. And whats more is a Isekai only living from it's tropes.

@Touyue

same here i started binging isekais out of boredom until it occurred to me that the majority of them are absolute garbage and dropped so many of them including this here kenja no trash also shit like this only gets anime adaptations because garbage isekai is popular and idiots will watch it

Double-page supporter
Hmm I think that this is really good, however I think it would be MUCH better without the clear ecchi shit just thrown in there for clicks. Like it's to the point where it's actually distracting.

Users who are viewing this thread