Kenja no Mago

Incredibly generic with practically nothing special? Check
Mediocre art? Check
Very boring 90% of the time? Check
Deserving of a rating anything above 4/10? Absolutely not

Can't wait for the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
@Spacemonkey8878 i read like 35 chapters of this and got pretty tired of the "protag creates something that will save everyone's asses" schtick

i feel like the ultimate power move would be for the protag to finally find out that one of his creations did not work and everyone is dead

then again im a sucker for the "immortal gets emotionally murdered" trope

yeah, and thats called having issues you need to sort out, its the same as people who like Netorare.
if anything the "in the end he gets emotionally murdered" stuff is a cop out to ending a story, being able to end a story even a trope filled one like this if anything is better.
a book i read the writer just got lazy and didnt want to continue the story and just did in a sense "and he saved the world and lost his memory's leaving the ones who actually loved him behind"
tho i do have to say if its from the start shit goes wrong by all means use the and the MC looses, like id love to actually see a good book again that does that well since its actually a kick in the teeth and not a "oh i feel empty now"

Double-page supporter
This is pretty generic and shit went from 100 to 0 really slowly and plot is not bad and the goddamn mood swings is hurting my head,it is not bad but not good, and the lovey lovey drama moments between shin and cecily is starting to get a little out of hand,but there are a few good things bout this manga,for the first time,it is not an harem and everyone in his team gets some spotlight,that is some good things bout this manga,my rating for this is 6/10,hope author gets better with the story,so that it is more enjoyable

this is the most mediocre thing i have ever seen, i'd rather see something that is just garbage than this.
like everything that is not plain bad in this manga is mediocre, the art is mediocre, that character design is mediocre, the protagonist is horribe, no one in his group is really fleshed out as a character.
the romance is mediocre, and it's the only reason for the main girl to exist, the whole world is dumb and i am still amazed at how this got an anime adaptation, btw shoutout to the anime bc it made some of the characters actually look good.

The trope of MC lack of common sense is already awful plus the lovey dovey moment and shit is just too overfuckingdosed. Not to mention the heroine herself is the most annoying existent in this manga, like people said she is created only for the sole purpose of the goddamn romance plot so she is like a tool to make a story more "Attractive". The author just dump everything that make her look like a saint, cute, erotic, and waifu material to her but instead making her a failed character (at least for me). She doesn't have a Unique Personality and she is the least attractive one with that jealousy yandere vibe, i was cringed the whole page whenever cecily together with shin and the romance plot executing its job but instead a grimreaper who doing it.
The story itself is already very generic. MC isekaied to the fantasy magical world and then mc become strongest with knowledge of 21st century and also have a very mainstream traits of most japan's mcs, the villain have a very dark background story and want to revenge while mc want a good peaceful life with his loved people then lot of cliche drama happen and bla bla bla.
It's not a shounen tho so it's less annoying, but again the Romance Element here is very bad enough to make me stop reading this.
I'm only interested on the moments when shin using knowledge of modern era and applied to the magic, if only there exist a manga with that kind of plot and focusing only on that then i would read it happily.

The story is very common. The MC is similar with other isekai mangas, and other characters are not that interesting as well. I think this manga will be more better with Slice of life theme Isekai buat unfortunately, the author introduced a shounen-like villain and set up the story leading to generic shounen with main super villain along the way.

Going to drop this, because not my cup of tea

it stays on one villain for too long and it turns basically into a romance later on, which means it basically said “fuck your expectations, i’m doing the opposite”

the early chapters are good despite the cluelessness of the mc, but the later chapters feel drawn out

ok, stop reading this shit and actually read a worth your time manga, thank you :)

Felt like it had potential, but it tripped and dove into a cliff plagued by gigantic acid-spitting scorpions just when the stuff's about to get good.

Users who are viewing this thread