Kingdom - Vol. 57 Ch. 623 - To Serve as an Example

Tired of Riboku and his whole crew at this point. I want this to end so they can go take on the state of Chu and that giant woman, or anyone with a more interesting personality.

Ri Boku and Houken are just a plot device. Oh yeah I am a master tactician and op as fuck in sword combat aswell and Houken is a god by the way. Give me a fucking break.

Mate... I cannot believe how goddamn ignorant this comment section has become! I look forward to these Kingdom chapters every week because of how a savage battlefield can become such an intellectual story . Every chapter of Kingdom truthfully is beautiful storytelling like nothing else. Naff off to reading action packed shounen if you are not patient enough to enjoy Hara's masterpiece!

There is no way you're looking critically at this story if you think Houken isn't a mess of a plot device. I think Riboku's role as a stepping stone for the next generation of generals was played off way better than Houken. Giving him a backstory and motivation this late into the game was a huge mistake and even now knowing he's a cultivator of martial prowess doesn't alleviate how one dimensional of character he is and how boring every interaction becomes when he comes to the forefront.

Group Leader
@spagorange houken is dumb as fuck, his backstory is dumb and his whole skit is to pop up out of nowhere, make a mess and then disappear except that now it seems he will die but not before the mangaka giving some lame ass backstory about how he's some sort of battle sage trying to prove he can transcend humanity's combative nature by becoming a martial artist and supposedly people are to be moved to tears by such revelation. This is so dumb. just as dumb as kyoukai not dying from having her head smashed full force into the ground not once but trice.

Actually I've read this chapter in the day of release on sensescans site, today, after checking for updates, I had a feeling of curiosity how other people reacted to that chapter. And I can clearly see than I'm not the only one(we are majority) who are not very pleased by this chapter filling.
I love this manga and I've spend a few years already on waiting for every released chapter, but I was really sad after reading this chapter.
Okay, killing ten men with one swing is could be a way to show characters strengh. But putting in the middle of a crutial fight this cultivation sht? Cultivation? In that more than less historical manga? Really?

So this chapter is to say that thanks to Houken who slay the weak and only the strongest remain, Shin will be able to evolve?
lol? Sorry author but a cheat code is a cheat code whatever reason you had to use it, lol

Aggregator gang
Am I meant to cry for his story just after seeing him cleave through "allies"? He could have pursued the same thing without being an horrible douchebag to everyone around him.

And the timing of that long backstory, right in the middle of the exchange of blows is ridiculous. Say that earlier lol

It stands to reason either houken or shin should be dead before he finish talking haha

Users who are viewing this thread