Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon - Vol. 11 Ch. 103 - Elma and Love Talk

Group Leader
All these dragons are hundreds, if not thousands of years old. They will also live to be several more thousands of years. Kobayashi is a mere blip in their lives. Elma is smart in not getting too attached to anyone that isn't also effectively immortal.

Dex-chan lover
Remember this Elma. Waifu may cheat on you, your potential chef husband may cheat on you, but pizza will never cheat on you!

Dex-chan lover
It seems that the end of the world will not be triggered by the search for power, but by a love disappointment.

A few decades and Kobayashi will he gone. Seems like forever but to them it's just a blink of an eye Elma is just waiting. That's something.

I took a ridiculously long time staring trying to work out what a "starting poig" was before I realised it was a typo.

didn't koboyashi drink some elf water from way back the first season lol

Fed-Kun's army
Second time Elma is hinting that something will happen that will disappoint Tooru or Kobayashi. Will we know what it is on the third?

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like this is about to take a dark turn any moment now... I sure hope not.
Cheers for the chapter~

It's interesting how Cool-sensei handles this. He is usually not very subtle, but Elma's situation has actually been treated really well.
My assumption is of course, as many said, that Elma has feelings for Tooru. There have been quite a few hints across the manga already, but especially in the last volume it has been really heavily implied.

That is also why Elma apologized imo. She understands that Tooru loves Kobayashi and she assumes Kobayashi also loves Tooru. So her allowing Elma and Tooru to travel around on their own far away from Kobayashi would require a lot of trust (because she believes Tooru would never betray her). But Elma knows that one day Kobayashi will be gone and if she sticks with Tooru she may one day not be able to contain those feelings anymore. She has all the time in the world after all.

PS: Tooru is an amazing chef now, so Elma's "preference" actually really works with her lol
PPS: Although not handled as well, I do like the implication that Kobayashi is looking at Elma and other girls more "like a man". It's not great phrasing, but I think Cool-sensei wants to imply that Kobayashi is developing a romantic/sexual interest in them, ever so slowly.

Seems to me like Kobayashi knows exactly what she's doing when suggesting Elma and Tohru travel together (after bringing up the subject of love). Tohru will be lonely when Kobayashi is gone, so it would be ideal for her to find some solace through Elma.

Y'know, Obviously, it wouldn't make sense for her to die anytime soon but it could be neat to see a spinoff chapter that's set in the distant future and seeing what comes for these two.

@BugDemon Kobayasi has literally been turned into a man multiple times now, which has probably changed how she may think. She's been having more of those types of thoughts since, then.

Dex-chan lover
I guess whatever it is Elma seems melancholic about has to do wih her 'role' she mentioned earlier to Tohru. Also, Kimun's warning about Terune is also ominous. Time for Elma development arc?

@BugDemon I’m glad I’m not the only one who sees the issues with the way Cool-sensei goes about it.

@izumabakumatsu I’m really hope this arc is all about elma and terune, ever since Terune properly introduced herself to Kobayashi, I’ve been wanting to know a lot more about her and her weird powers and see how Tooru and Kobayashi reacts to Elma being distant

Users who are viewing this thread