Kochou no Yumeji

All the story arcs are sad and bittersweet. If you like that sort of thing then you might enjoy it like I did.

Contributor
Yay! Thank you @amplified for the update! I particularly like the translator note at the end; I ended up looking into "shochu" in the middle of reading, wondering how similar to soju it was, so it was nice to see you addressing it at the end. Also, I've read Glass Mask (the hiatus...! T.T) but I had no idea how cultural an impact that line was. This comic really hits all my traditional Japanese culture buttons. <3

Group Leader
Somehow it's a really uplifting manga
The arcs show bitter moments in the characters lives and how they still live on despite that and accept the bitter parts
The ends of each arc leaves you with a bit sad but encouraging feelings ?

The art is gorgeous and the stories are lovely and bittersweet. Give this a shot ?

Contributor
As an aside, I'm dubious about that "isekai" tag—it feels much more like the usual old "hidden spirit realm within ours" shtick rather than "another world".

Contributor
This is really such a beautiful, melancholy manga. Every character is likeable, and every story arc is well rounded and engaging.

The watercolor art is so gorgeous. Everything in this story is just so beautiful. I've cried more than once now reading the bittersweet stories of those that seek help from the Dream shop! The romance is exciting enough to keep me wanting more!

This manga is so lovely - I was brought to tears many times. The art is amazing and the relationships between the characters are also organic and well thought out. Honestly recommend this manga.

Wish it was marked as on hold as opposed to completed since it isn’t completed and left off at like a ? Point. If I could read the raps I would but I can’t. 😭

I’m just starting this one, I had wanted to read it a long time ago but it stopped updating, and there’s nothing that irritates me more than getting invested in a story only to have scanlators drop it. I know it sounds like I’m being ungrateful, I don’t mean for it to, but it’s hard to start reading something and be entirely at the mercy of other people’s midterm schedules, LOL (which is why I buy official translations whenever humanly possible). However, now that I’ve started this I’m more than a little annoyed with the MC—how pathetic can you get? “I just wanted to be NEEDED!!!” Really? How selfish. If you love ppl then you want them to be strong enough NOT to need you. Needing to be needed is the epitome of selfishness. So I’ll give it a few more chapters and if she doesn’t grow up a bit I’ll drop it anyway, then I would’ve waited around for nothing. Oh well, such is life.

scanlators drop it
Welp that's happend everywhere.. i checked it yesterday, from +479 Isekai manga, bad or good that doesn't matter, only 74 of them are finished, where some ended even in anime form a many years ago like old gold Inuyasha if remember somebody.. Groups just take many and many hided or new published manga do some job and try if somebody will have interested in it and will donate them and if not they just drop it, not they have interested in this story to try finish it.. Which is sad but one the other hand understandable - nobody works for free if they haven't fun and that why i see from many isekai manga groups

Thank you for the Baku arc Completion! It felt good to be able to finish one arc quickly.

Thank you scanlators for the chapters. I just found out about this and I adored it very much.

Also, to anyone who's wondering if this particular webtoon/long strip comic is worth it. Here's my review after 100 chapters.

IF you adore soft coloured art, this one has it all.
Stories? It may seemed whimsical, but I find them endearing and all of them seemed to have a different yet similar sounding messages. It touches more on mortalities and character relationships (yes, I know it's Shoujo, but in another way that's meaningful). Very few stories can make me cry, this is one of them.

Tldr; read the manga, it's worth the investment if you absolutely adore good, organic character dynamics.
I will edit or reupload another comment/review once I've finished the story.

The art is lovely, the story is soft and heartwarming and everything is too adorable for words.

Users who are viewing this thread