Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu. - Ch. 398 - 3rd Year Summer Festival.

Dex-chan lover
I never thought about it this way, but it makes so much sense. A sizable portion of the Japanese audience was probably vocally upset that Manbagi lost against Komi (as was the same reaction for the international community), therefore Oda felt the need to apologize by properly sending her off with her own good ending/happily ever after.
I always felt like that, especially when there is a story with multiple parties involved: MC breaks boy/girls heart==>girl/boy meets new crush==>she/he gets a happy ending,even while people almost never forget the relationship said boy/girl had with MC. Which won't be that different for Rumiko and Tadano shippers I guess.

It is a cheap trick for fans of the character who got the boot in the triangle. But somehow the author does it different with Kawai (and I don't get why).

I always felt the whole Kawai/Komi/Tadano pointless, especially when Komi and Tadano already became a couple. Now if Kawai came BEFORE Tadano and Komi became a couple,that would be something totally different..

Users who are viewing this thread