Kouchuugun Shikan Boukensha ni Naru - Vol. 7 Ch. 47

Dex-chan lover
shit's funny when the actual dept head of accounting just doesn't care about the money involved in the party. guy knows when to work and not lmao

and the plot thickens. looks like either the convict was a part of alan's world or alan's crew. would've been nice if crew tho. but if she was part of starveek before it's ruination, that means she came to that world earlier than alan -assuming she ACTUALLY is an otherworlder but she could also be the otherworlder's descendant who is also verse in future tech since she could hack the sentries. all in all and in conclusion:
e27

Double-page supporter
I know this is new stuff without source material and all but... Holy crap this is such a massive drop in quality.
First off they're accelerating everything in the story pacing wise as if they're trying to outrun an axe, I feel like we're going to get a random forced ending in a few chapters or something.
Second all the major random plot holes... Spy somehow infiltrates by getting past perimeter defenses? The AI in charge of those defenses is the same one tracking every single individual conversation in cities? With drones spread throughout the world keeping tabs on everything? That also tracked the movement of literally every human in and around the royal capital somehow misses an unknown group heading into their forest and triggering a shot?
Why is there even a SECOND spy group already? Alan specifically left the first group sent by the prime minister alive so he could control the information the prime minister gets.
A random kid stealing when raising the kids are literally Alan's main focus and raison d'etre for even starting a country to begin with, is somehow not kept track of and taken care of (and not forcefully imprisoned in a school room)? And then the reason revealed is "oh yeah, someone said there was free food and shelter, I'm just too stupid to understand that. Thanks for saying that a second time though, I totally understand it this time even though you just vaguely gestured in a direction!". Plus the people haven't even finished unpacking, less than 1/3 of them are even moved in, there shouldn't be stalls selling stuff yet, nobody has had time to produce anything yet, all of it should be handouts of rations on Alan's dime.
Also Claire is literally in charge of everything aside from education, how the hell is she allowed to go wandering the streets (ALONE???) while everyone is busy handling the mass immigration?

I don't think the original author is involved at all from this chapter onwards, at best he might have given them his notes but this is a dumpster fire.

Dex-chan lover
That woman, how did her getting the algorithm for the defences allow her to just walk past it? It's not as if it was a patrol schedule, the 'algorithm' was obviously "anything unauthorized approaching past this distance from the walls gets vaporized", maybe with an exception "if human, attempt communication first and vaporize if they get past this distance instead".

Also, feels like she belongs to the ancient super-civilization that spawned that religion, curious how she ended up someone's pawn. I would have guessed ownership rights being passed around, but then she wouldn't have been in jail.
It is possible that the security was bad since they prioritized speed. So she maybe she cracked it and made a fake id to get in.

She likely is part of the ancient civilization. Starveek kingdom has a lot of secrets related to their space empire. More than likely there is a light side and a shadow side. Being a princess to be married away she likely doesn't know the dark side, only the king and heir probably know. As for why she was in jail, more than likely as they married off to other kingdoms, some people from the dark side sneak in. She was likely a child trained to be a ninja for the dark side. As for why she got into jail, it may be related to the collapse of starveek.

Dex-chan lover
So, was Iris wrong that every other crewmate died? Or is the Goddess communicating with the new girl. Since she refers to the MC as if he was above her, yet she also knows about their technology.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
they are (ish) :nyoron:
they'll either try to get the group to fix it or just replace the page with the fixed version if it's already on the group's site

The translator of the group said it will be difficult to fix that so good luck with that 🙃

They have to deal with the Great Demon Forest's monsters first (which were known to be high level monsters), a natural defense, before they reached the first wall.

That's true that they'd have to mobilise an army to deal with the monsters but guess what, they plan to do that and declare a war, so the monsters are only a minor inconvenience.
Inconvenience since they are a problem during the peace time when the costs are too high, but during the war time you have those costs anyway since the army is already stationed there so it will only slightly increase attrition, especially if we assume that Iris' golems culled down the numbers a fair bit during the construction and the transportation of the refugees.
:cool:

Dex-chan lover
The part that I missed - is Iris still a hologram, or did she break the Imperial Law one more time and download herself into a cloned copy of her original body (yikes). She's drinking and socializing while in mental commo with Alan telling him he done effed up not knowing about the other part of Joint Rule, so it seems to be the case.

That also begs the question of where the personas came from for the twins. They were young kids when Iris died, but I can't imagine their history would be aboard a warship (even though it's named after their mother and carried her DNA) so did the AI just do a dice roll of characteristics?

Aggregator gang
So this is the first or second new chapter under the Adaptation Author and Artist, with the original author as advisor, yes? Hoping to see more reveals of the underlying ancient civilization - this is the likely Deus Ex Machina path to creating the orbiting generator that can stave off the Bugs.

We also need to see Alan the man, and if he doesn't do right by Ria, we gotta throw hands. Maybe a bit of Harem with the twins is ok too.
there is no 'adaptation author'.

the original web novel, subsequent light novel, and this manga version are all written by the same author, a_itoh.

the artist for the manga is takuma tomomasa.

Dex-chan lover
So glad this is still on-going.
New spy is def from outer world. Let's see how things gonna pan out.

Dex-chan lover
He already got warned bro. If he fess up and the ghost/goddess or whatever from before marks him as an enemy... Not good, not good, gotta be careful. There's no save&loads, only game overs.

...no she didn't? She explicitly told him to follow his own path. If she did then it's too late, between the giant lasers on his base, his robot work force and Claria having nanites we're kind of past the point of kayfabe.

Supporter
When they first talked about the schedule, comparing the level of development of the indigenous civilization versus the Empire Alan came from, the most reasonable explanation I can think of is simply the difference in development.
I mean, they speedran their way to ipads and laser turrets with no human intervention and just the resources they had at the demon forest, took less than a year. Evidently, there’s no need for labs and experimentation, they already have the blueprints for all the technologies they’ll need. The fact that an orbital reactor will somehow take hundreds of years, especially considering the exponential nature of factory building, just doesn’t seem to fit with what we’ve already seen. Production of large things can be automated. Hence production of production machines can be automated, ad infinitum. I don’t think there’s a bottleneck of having one highly advanced replicator machine that can’t make parts for itself, but even if there is I can’t see it taking more than a year or two for it to make the machines that can make another one of itself.

Dex-chan lover
The part that I missed - is Iris still a hologram, or did she break the Imperial Law one more time and download herself into a cloned copy of her original body (yikes). She's drinking and socializing while in mental commo with Alan telling him he done effed up not knowing about the other part of Joint Rule, so it seems to be the case.

That also begs the question of where the personas came from for the twins. They were young kids when Iris died, but I can't imagine their history would be aboard a warship (even though it's named after their mother and carried her DNA) so did the AI just do a dice roll of characteristics?
It's more likely she made a human like Android for herself.

Fed-Kun's army
Spy somehow infiltrates by getting past perimeter defenses?

The implication I read into it was that the Spy has some connection to the empire. She knows enough to warn Celeria about the bugs and she uses something that sounds an awful lot like the Empire's catchphrase when she does it. Given that, it seems likely that she either hacked the turrets or used some kind of known glitch in their programming to get in. The question is whether she's from the empire directly like Alan is, or whether she's a descendant of past survivors of some crash, who are responsible for the Starveek kingdom.

I'm also not sure that the AI doesn't know about her presence. Could be that she simply hasn't told Alan yet, just like how she didn't tell him that in Starveek, co-rulership involves marriage. She's has already taken a ton of personal initiative with stuff like making clone daughters or promoting Alan to commodore and she's already witheld the truth from Alan before, so this sort of thing wouldn't be terribly out of character for her.

There's been too many coincidences here - Starveek having the same name as the empire, ancient "magic" tools that act an awful lot like the technology Alan brought down with him, a "goddess" who sounds like an AI and thus far has only interacted with people who have nanomachines (with normal people having to take it all on faith), and probably more that I don't remember that I feel like this isn't so much a plot hole as something that isn't yet explained directly but will be. It's fairly clear that somebody has been running around in the background doing things in a way that isn't visible to Alan, and this just seems like another expression of that.

The fact that an orbital reactor will somehow take hundreds of years, especially considering the exponential nature of factory building, just doesn’t seem to fit with what we’ve already seen.

It probably depends on the reactor needing some sort of fancy exotic component that you can't just whip up on a nanomachine 3d printer. Just because they can make a bunch of concrete buildings and some sentry guns doesn't mean they can also make a fancy high tech reactor. Might even need to be manufactured in zero gravity conditions or something. In which case they'd need to build up a spaceflight industry from scratch before they could even get started on building a reactor.

Dex-chan lover
Given how many people have commented in the past on some of the minor parallels between this manga and WH40K or the imperium of man, I would like to share some thoughts on this subject that I have had for a while.

I think it can be argued that the civilization that Alan is trying to build has more in common with Ultramar, than the larger imperium.
First reason, is that the heads of state don't just have incredibly advanced technology, but are also masters of administration, logistics and organization and since education is a big focus of Alan, the society will likely have elements of a meritocracy woven into it society.
Second reason is that even if this society fulfills its upper potential, it seems destined to a part of a far larger empire, though perhaps its most important part given its location.
The third reason is it location. When it is found by the empire, it will be an usually powerful civilization on the very frontier of empire space similar to Ultramar and its location near the eastern fringe.
The final reason also has something to do with its location. The original mission of the Conrad ship was to locate the Bugs homeworld. There is a very good chance this planet is close to that homeworld. Which means that not only will this planet have to fend off an alien Invasion in the future, but might end up being the front line in the war between the Empire and the Bugs. This could be similar to how Ultramar was the bastion that had to fight the tyranids during the first Tyrannic War.

Aggregator gang
Theres a continuation of the novel but it's a different author
Wrong, the original web novel, subsequent light novel, and this manga version are all written by the same author, a_itoh.

The author appears to have stopped with the novel as far as I can tell, in favor on continuing the story solely through the manga. I'm guessing the novel's sales weren't great compared to the manga hence the decision.

The official translated manga volumes of this series are available on Amazon etc, suggest people buy them in their local markets to support the author.

Users who are viewing this thread