Kouritsu-Chuu Madoushi, Daini no Jinsei de Madou wo Kiwameru - Vol. 8 Ch. 45 - Monster From Another World

Double-page supporter
So the MC is still the same idiot he was before his reincarnation.
By that I mean that he knows that fire magic is actually the magic in which his limit is the lowest and that there will be a mage with a higher limit in the future - so he will be destinied to lose that title to that new mage anyway.
Just in case a reminder from chapter 1:
Zeff's magic level limits - Red (Fire): 62, Blue (Water) 87, Green (Earth or Wind) 99, Void (Wind or Earth) 89, Spirit (Soul) 97

But instead of going for the other magic types where his limit is actually higher and he could gain the highest title for a long time to come he is still obsessed with getting the title "Flame of Flames".
Just how is that considered to be genius?

That kind of obsession with that title of "Flame of Flames" just makes him the dumbest character in the whole story.

Double-page supporter
what a utterly stupid BS chapter, this is lazy writing at maximum

Aggregator gang
This was one strange "arc" IMO. You get a background story on a group of technologically advanced people that were wiped out by the mages because they saw some competition in which it was a horrible battle and the mages sealed apparently what I am dubbing the "Isekai Hole" to prevent stuff from getting out. Then the MC's party is sent by the master to test him and to scout out the place. The party encounters essentially nothing related really to the hi-tech group beside the Isekai hole even though it seems to be building up towards that something might be sleeping there or that hole would open up with the golems and so when they decide to leave the Yamato of all things shows up and fires its cannons that essentially destroy half a mountain. Then the event is over with no explanations why so far as to why this happen and of all things to come out of the isekai hole from a hi tech group who was shown to be using advanced golems with better weapons. I am sitting here with a serious WTF face as to what is happening. Like why the hell did the Yamato show up and and apparently with no crew or AI as far I can tell suddenly decide to fire on the MC gang and then is just as rapidly thrown down the hole with nary a fuck given apparently? It feels like those Isekai moments where the Author wants to shove some sort of Japanese thing in the novel where it doesn't fit. Like seriously what was the point of this?

Supporter
Who’s to say that the Yamato was SENT, and not pulled or something? For it to fire once and then stop, with some residual magic and no crew, I think saying it was pulled there, rather than sent would be more reasonable.

Dex-chan lover
sCYitwh.png

Double-page supporter
@BalrogDeMorgoth:
I can think of some possible explanations for the fire power of the ship:
A) It could be that it got altered due to the magic it had somehow accumulated by being transported to that fantasy world.

B) Another possibility is that there is some difference in the laws of physics due to the existence of magic in the fantasy world.
As such the power of chemical reactions could be higher. That would then increase the force with which the shot is fired and hence its destructive force.

C) It could also be that the mass from a world without magic is more dense than a world where magic exists (so magic particles would be between atoms matter that the fantasy world consist of.
As such the bullet (made out of denser matter) shot by the cannon would deal more damage to the objects made of the less dense matter from the fantasy world.

WHERE IS MY WORLD OF WARSHIPS PROMO CODE?! I WANT TO SINK THE YAMATOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also, in regards to the firepower... This is a world of magic... He mentioned that he sensed some Mana. That could have been just the auto-targeting, but we're talking about a technological civilization that needed to compete with magic, and had magic at their disposal themselves. Even if the missile itself wasn't magical, the explosives couldnvery we'll have been manufactured or at least researched using magic. Besides, magic relies on fundamentally different universal laws being in play.

Dex-chan lover
This pisses me off unreasonably. He needs to get over his obsession with this one title. What does getting it now change for him? He had it the in the previous timeline and lost it because his upperlimit with fire magic is too low. On the other hand, his limit with earth is as high as it can be. Getting the Flame of Flames title does NOTHING to stop what made him miserable in the last timeline and is just him grasping at his past and refusing to grow beyond it. He needs to move on and try to become the Earth of Earth. Even if he somehow came up with a way to make those limits moot, his training and efforts would still be better spent pushing his earth magic further. It feels worse because the published (manga and ln versions) make a clear distinction between his old self and the young self of this timeline by having them disagree on their methods. I hope he gets over this obsession with the title and notoriety and focuses his efforts on improving himself to be the best he can be. If the end goal of the story ends up being him getting the title again, even though he would inevitably lose it, or for him to hold onto the title by some means, even though that gives him nothing more than a strange satisfaction built from his old self having obtained and lost it while ignoring the greater improvements and benefits he would have obtained from simply acknowledging that he could make better use of his time and training than his old self did, I would find the story as a whole very underwhelming.

So, someone who has read ahead in either novel version, please tell me if he grows out of this or if his goal for the whole story is just a title that he doesn't need nor suits him. Will he just make the same mistakes as his old self just without making the ones that cost him friends along the way?

It's been a while since I've read it, but isn't the entire premise that he has low talent with fire magic?

Why is he trying to become the fire guy, when he knows there are other magic he has better potential with?

Edit : just read other comments, mc is retarded, got it

Fire is hot. That's why the title Flames of Flames is the hottest if you compare them all, and why the MC is obsessed with it.

Ok, ok, I know the way out.

if he know its a ship, why did they make a distance teleport. just teleport to near the ship, and its safe. with that kind of cannon, that ship will destroy herself if she shot. only caribbean pirates that shooting their own ship with cannon on board.

Dex-chan lover
Uh . . . im no expert on the subjet, but i dont think 1940 warships have the firepower to blow up a mountain. I mean, i could belive it with a modern tomahawk missile, or something along those lines, but a cruiser from WWII? no way.

Fed-Kun's army
When Flames of Flames is just Joseph Joestar isekaied lol:

@Rhin probably some isekai kid made it, but aped up its power to be able to battle mages

@xoxa they didn't know the ship wasn't a "monster"

Dex-chan lover
@Rhin
Yamato battleship Class were equipped with turrets containing 3 40 cm/45 Type 94 naval guns (equivalent to 46 cm (18.1 in) caliber). It's HE (high explosive) shell mass was 1,360 kg (2,998.3 lb). Estimating the tnt equivalent is difficult, but at worst, it's 800kg of tnt equivalent by shot. It's not as powerfull as a 5t tallboy bunker buster bombs, but it will surely leave heavy impacts on landscape.

Supporter
@rhin the Yamato is the largest battleship ever constructed. Calling it a cruiser is offensive on several levels.
To put it into perspective, it’s secondary batteries alone were like having a cruiser strapped to each side of the ship. She packed incredible firepower.
Note the image of our MC standing next to the shell for reference as to the size of the main battery shell.

Dex-chan lover
@Le_Flemard still there is no way one shell would do that much damage. pretty 800kg tnt eq was a common bomb for japs wasn't it? If it were HE it wouldnt' leave much damage on rock unless its cracked or damaged already since HE doesn't penetrate, so the explosion kinda presses against the rock rather than bust it. When rocked is blown up they have to drill a fairly deep hole and back fill it. When They try to blow up ground they cover the explosives with extremely heavy mats to contain the explosion so it breaks the ground more

Fed-Kun's army
When I first saw parts of a battleship I could only think of the Bismarck, but the Yamato is fine as well

Users who are viewing this thread