Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
And it looks like author went for the cheap deaths. I like the premise and the characters enough otherwise, but it's a little disheartening that we ended up getting a fodder team that was even dumber than usual getting wiped because that's all they were ever written for. Lapis was already on board with listening to Loren's take on things so let's see who gets tagged in to be the "this is the wrong thing to do" foil while he continues to be better but quiet about it. I would've liked seeing another existing character learn to appreciate his knowledge and intuition but I'm sure we'll get someone new to fill the role. Probably a tsundere loli demi-human if we're being marched down the cliched path.

Dex-chan lover
It's a story that happens anywhere. Young (stupid) adventurers aiming to be hero, taking a simple goblin subjugation request, never to return.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like taken from "Goblin Slayer Side Story: Year One".

1/10 kiddies manga, didn't show the slaughtering nor the rape.

hmm...why i feel refreshed after the three stupid adventurer die and raped??...lol

and here i meet other stranger who want more rape and kill to be showed that they feel adult, uwaah...what a perveted life you have....lol

On a personal level, I don’t care about what happened to those idiots. Mainly due to the reasons listed by many others before me, they’re stupid, lack common sense, and underestimate their enemy, and exceptionally unprofessional when it came to their duties. Even when compared to just the goblin slayer *manga* (let alone the LN or something like overlord) there was zero character development for the girls and about five panels for the guy, so we were given no reason to care about them while actively being given reasons to dislike or be annoyed by them. So at the end of the day, I’m indifferent to idiots dying because of their own ignorance.

I hope to see this guy quickly differentiate himself from the goblin slayer inspiration he very, *very* clearly has, in order to make his own kind of story. Maybe then I can truly judge this manga on its own merits and not just on its very cliche tropes, stupid characters, and with a less biased and jaded mind. But in the meantime, I’m left feeling that this is simply a more SFW version of goblin slayer from someone who 100% read either its manga or LN and was inspired to write something similar.

Sidenote: if you don’t believe me -or your own suspicions- about the goblin slayer parallels, I simply ask you to look at the MAL for the LN and manga of goblin slayer, then at the LN and manga of this, and simply look at the release dates.

Double-page supporter
@boag
And why are you trying to talk to me as if you haven't been the biggest asshole towards me everytime I've disagreed with you? You don't spit in someone's face one day and then three weeks later act like perfectly normal acquaintances. If you're trying to be a better person, good on you, all the best, but why the hell are you pretending as if you haven't been a total ass in the past and that we're totally buddies on speaking terms who just casually discuss manga.

I'm not trying to shit talk you or anything, but in general, I don't appreciate being called all the things you've called me while I've been mostly reasonable, especially in our first conversation, and then talked to like old friends. Every time you've @'d me or talked to or about me, it's been to shit talk me. I don't know what you thought or are thinking, but trying to treat me like a stranger on the internet that you've never met is just weird and maybe the most irritating thing you've said or done in regards to me.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
Treating strangers on the internet as anything other than strangers is stupid, which is why i dont dwell in fights, I focus more on the conversation at hand.
Regardles you are still just a name and an avatar on the internet, and i hold more regard for them comment made than whatever shit you attach to the former.
you can either move on, or you can be a bitch, your choice.

Double-page supporter
@boag
Yea I figured that'd be the case. Don't try and treat people you've treated like shit as strangers. No one is going to ignore it, not if they remember you. It being the internet doesn't make any difference.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
You are a stranger to me, i dont know you and i dont care to know you, I will judge you on the content of you post, I dont give 2 shits about whoever the fuck you are.

Dex-chan lover
@Kanol the cave was pitch dark, with the stupid trio wasting a magic cast, and their night vision, on a light spell. Loren hung back just enough that his vision recovered in time to see everyone face plant. The goblins are getting around easily enough, so there is certainly a path through the holes, and @givemersspls he asked if there might be another exit to the cave, but the others were too stupid to even consider looking for one. Nobody knows if there's another exit or not, but running forward is better than being cornered now.

As for everyone comparing this to GS, that's silly, you don't need to copy GS to think these girls are gonna get raped, and Overlord didn't need goblins for these kind of "mature" situations to occur, plenty of named characters in that story totally willing to rape girls that cross their path, bunch of them live in Nazarick too. Just remember that in all Japanese fantasy stories, like this one, the "evil" races of goblins, orcs, and ogres turn women into playthings even when they can't breed with them.

well now that the bitches and the stupid guy are dead we can move on with the main story, hopefully with less so-damn-annoying-i-cant-wait-to-see-them-dead characters

@ShinSekai
there will be future hero/material for hero boy who's also annoying as fuck but after continuous whipping from Lapis and managing to survive alongside Loren (as he has skill unlike blond fuckboy) he reformed and take Loren's words seriously. but still managed to get Lapis annoyed XD

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I really don't know why it took so long to kill off the rest of the party. The story goes to great lengths to make them as insufferable as possible despite everyone knowing that they won't leave the cave. All it does is make the MC seem dopey, as he is smart enough to realise everything they do will endanger them but instead of earnestly trying to stop them, or just leave them as they're endangering himself as well, he just...follows? Why? Because he wants money? Knowingly endangering yourself for the money you need to survive is only something the desperate or stupid do and he doesn't seem THAT desperate. He was happy enough to clean drains earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread