Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
It would've been great to actually see them getting killed by the goblins...

Dex-chan lover
I wish these stories weren't so obsessed with rape. 😑 I actually rather like the fantasy genre, so seeing it always being associated with rape bugs me... (Also holy crap, way to steal Goblin Slayer's intro. I'm not even a fan of that series (for the aforementioned reason) but jfc, c'mon...)

• Dumb
Reactions: jak
@JaffaOrange Ya but he was looking for work in his profession. He has faced death and hopeless situations as a mercenary before and he has no experience on how being a adventurer works. Loren said before he thought Sharfe was very skilled or really stupid and was already so deep in that there was no other choice but to see it through. He was super desperate and out of money so I can understand why Loren stayed with a party with obviously no experience or skill. He was still too low rank for more experienced parties to consider him and the guild wouldn't allow Loren to accept quest that he may be able to complete alone at with his level of skill because of his rank.

@Driftwolf Needed a second to remind myself what this series was and what the chapter entailed. Anyways...
You only get money and experience if you 1. complete the job and 2. survive. MC realised that they weren't going to do either at the rate they were going. Since it was clear that MC wasn't going to save the insufferable members of the party when they got into danger, he should have just left when he realised there was nothing to be gained remaining with them. Especially since he was a mercenary who you can assume was very experienced in determining risk vs reward for whatever job (since he survived until now). Super desperate doesn't mean you die just so you can earn money swinging a sword. Like I mentioned, he would have cleaned drains if he had to.

The issue here is 100% the framing. I don't believe the author wanted to make MC stupid and/or uncaring. But MC has been written into a situation where there is nothing to gain and everything at risk and without being given a clear enough reason to stick with it, sticks with it anyway despite knowing full well what will likely happen. The only reasons I can use to justify this are 1. wanted to look after the nice girl (not really foreshadowed) or 2. Got a kick over seeing the bad party members punished (which is what I think the author assumed we wanted which is...gross to say the least) or 3. just really dumb.

Dex-chan lover
Good, hero-kun died and his fangirls with him. Serves them right
Well, like Lapis said... the girls probably aren't dead, yet. Unless either had the idea to bite their own tongue or something.

jak

Contributor
Wew, they were terrible, but didnt deserved that. The girls were probably raped the goblins.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe someone in the future can answer this since I only recently started reading the WN, but do those two girls ever get a follow-up in the LN or WN, and can you please spoil it or point to which chapter? There are over a thousand chapters so it'll take a while before I find out.

I'm genuinely curious as to how much of a throwaway plot this was.

Also, last I heard, this manga has 2 artists working on it on the side, which is why manga chapters are infrequent.

Users who are viewing this thread