Kuroneko Nyango no Bouken ~ Rare Zokusei o Hikiatetanode, Kimamana Bouken-sha o Mezashimasu ~ - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Never heard of the snipe rule as a whole but it seems reasonable to me. It's clear that 6 months with no translation with mentioned your mentioned caveats it's been 'dropped' but that is certainly a long time on the internet. While 90 days is more on the short side it seems more than enough time to get a raw and translate a single chapter to protect your 'group' prevent being 'sniped'.
The caveat is there because, like I said, a group might be up to date but a chapter just hasn't released in months. It's meant to give the group the time to find out a new chapter (or volume) has been released, source it, then work on it, basically. Also, while that caveat exists, it's not "mine", but the "usual". I actually don't believe in the concept as it is used, really.

I've personally always been against the concept of "sniping", in that it attributes ownership of a series' fan translations to a single group; it primarily came about because of groups like Champion Scans and Jaimini Box and the like that got pissy about other people or groups also translating the super-popular stuff they already were translating (but not releasing as quickly as they could, mostly because they retained some for those that paid them money, in other cases because they spread themselves too thin and did not release it at a fast enough rate), mostly because they had set up everything around it to be a major source of income for themselves, so they no longer saw it as fan work for them, and thus to them other translations were a threat to their patreon and/or ad income.

As far as I'm concerned, if multiple people or groups want to translate something simultaneously, then they should do so! Whichever is the better end result is the one that will be favoured in the end. An example there is Neon Scans and Nihongo Scans. Nihongo was made from JAMEZZ splitting off from Neon because he thought that Arxen wasn't doing a good enough job... and he got his shit pushed in with all the errors and typos and poor quality cleaning that was done on his versions, and everyone stuck with Arxen and Neon Scans' slower but much better quality work. Also doesn't help that JAMEZZ had his head stuck so far up his ass that his respiratory system was a klein bottle...

Group Leader
The caveat is there because, like I said, a group might be up to date but a chapter just hasn't released in months. It's meant to give the group the time to find out a new chapter (or volume) has been released, source it, then work on it, basically. Also, while that caveat exists, it's not "mine", but the "usual". I actually don't believe in the concept as it is used, really.

I've personally always been against the concept of "sniping", in that it attributes ownership of a series' fan translations to a single group; it primarily came about because of groups like Champion Scans and Jaimini Box and the like that got pissy about other people or groups also translating the super-popular stuff they already were translating (but not releasing as quickly as they could, mostly because they retained some for those that paid them money, in other cases because they spread themselves too thin and did not release it at a fast enough rate), mostly because they had set up everything around it to be a major source of income for themselves, so they no longer saw it as fan work for them, and thus to them other translations were a threat to their patreon and/or ad income.

As far as I'm concerned, if multiple people or groups want to translate something simultaneously, then they should do so! Whichever is the better end result is the one that will be favoured in the end. An example there is Neon Scans and Nihongo Scans. Nihongo was made from JAMEZZ splitting off from Neon because he thought that Arxen wasn't doing a good enough job... and he got his shit pushed in with all the errors and typos and poor quality cleaning that was done on his versions, and everyone stuck with Arxen and Neon Scans' slower but much better quality work. Also doesn't help that JAMEZZ had his head stuck so far up his ass that his respiratory system was a klein bottle...
A.I conclusion:

In conclusion, There should be open competition in fan translations and that the quality of work should be the determining factor for readers, not the speed of release or the concept of ownership by a single group.

My comment:
I agree!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Snipe is only applied when other group release chapter within a month or so, this is more than 6 months and there is more raw out, so it ain't snipe, you are just picking it up where he drop...

Thanks for picking it up, i am sure it wasn't that easy to translate it and all that you did..

Dex-chan lover
From my experience the manga, manhwa and manhua i've read what happens is the one who rushes sadly wins in the end unless there is immediate push back. And no one really bothers redoing previously translated works but correctly most of time makes it hurt more. Hence the circling the wagons over translation drama.

I'm glad you have examples that prove otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
From my experience the manga, manhwa and manhua i've read what happens is the one who rushes sadly wins in the end unless there is immediate push back. And no one really bothers redoing previously translated works but correctly most of time makes it hurt more. Hence the circling the wagons over translation drama.

It all depends on the overall quality, and timeliness is a factor of quality too. If you have a job doing paperwork and you consistantly produce 100% error-free work, but you're two days late every time, is that really quality work? Or is the guy who has a 90-95% error-free rate but gets it done on time consistantly doing quality work? I'd say the latter, and most people would agree. The third guy who has like a 50% error rate, even though he hands in his work hours earlier every day, gets chewed out for his sloppy work and if it goes on long enough gets fired, after all.

Fast generally wins if everyone is trying to be fast, so long as no one's putting out absolute garbage, but there's at least a few series out there sporting multiple translators where one group is going fast as the series comes out in Japan, and a second group is going more slowly, using the volume releases with higher quality TL and people will read both.

The only time I see sniping or multiple group competing as being a real issue is when some group pops in, dumps a whole bunch of chapters and then basically drops the series and whoever was doing the series before drops it because a new faster group showed up and they decide to cede the TL to them. Then you have a situation where sure, you just got like 5 or 6 new chapters, but also now absolutely no one is doing it anymore.

Aggregator gang
I just checked the raws. It seems like chapter 12 is indeed the final one from the looks of it (I don't know Japanese, so I can't read the message there). I hope the message in the final page isn't about it ending but visually it looks like it is.

This really sucks. I guess there isn't space for isekais where the MC isn't OP from day 1 who gets 1000 women in the first few chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I just checked the raws. It seems like chapter 12 is indeed the final one from the looks of it (I don't know Japanese, so I can't read the message there). I hope the message in the final page isn't about it ending but visually it looks like it is.

This really sucks. I guess there isn't space for isekais where the MC isn't OP from day 1 who gets 1000 women in the first few chapters.
The final panel does end with "The end" , but it is listed as (Hiatus/TBA) on mangaupdates so it might come back at some point but I wouldn't hold my breath 😔

Group Leader
The final panel does end with "The end" , but it is listed as (Hiatus/TBA) on mangaupdates so it might come back at some point but I wouldn't hold my breath 😔
It is on hiatus/TBA. Volume 1 ends at chapter 12. It says "Thank you for your support! Volume 2 of the manga is scheduled to be released on 1/9!" = You can buy the manga on January 9th.

34-6578b179af055.jpg

(I was wrong)

Last edited:
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
It is on hiatus/TBA. Volume 1 ends at chapter 12. It says "Thank you for your support! Volume 2 of the manga is scheduled to be released on 1/9!" = You can buy the manga on January 9th.

34-6578b179af055.jpg
What're you on about..? Volume 1 is out so we can check what chapters it contains which are 1-6 (BookWalker Sample)

Next, on niconico ch 12 have the tags (albeit rightclick → translate'd) Our battle begins now, Final episode & The last episode of

Third, Tweets from the Author and Artist:
The Author Said On Twitter: ->

(・∀・) Nico Nico Seiga updated! Unfortunately, this is the last episode. Thank you for reading. The Adventures of the Black Cat Nyango I've acquired a rare attribute, so I aim to become a carefree adventurer Episode 12 / Chira Shinoura (original story) Yuko Sato (illustration) Shishimaru (original character design)
The Artist Said On Twitter: ->

The final episode has been released on Niconico Seiga. Volume 2 of the comic will be released on January 9th. Thank you! The Adventures of the Black Cat Nyango I've acquired a rare attribute, so I aim to become a carefree adventurer / Chira Shinoura (original story) Yuko Sato (illustration) Shishimaru (original character design)

Group Leader
What're you on about..? Volume 1 is out so we can check what chapters it contains which are 1-6 (BookWalker Sample)

Next, on niconico ch 12 have the tags (albeit rightclick → translate'd) Our battle begins now, Final episode & The last episode of

Third, Tweets from the Author and Artist:

I did not know that volume 1 was only chapters 1-6. I thought I was up to chapter 12 because it says that volume 2 of the manga is scheduled to be released on 1/9!
I thought how can I be reading a volume that hasn't been released, so it must be volume 1, but I can see through your sources that you are right! and that's sad that you are right, because that means it's over ;(

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
As for the axe, well, it's a WN adaptation so it might have been just a teaser to drive more attention to the WN and eventual LN.

I wonder how he'll use these. If he either goes the tattoo route or starts making his own tools/items

Double-page supporter
Hey, if you have some time, could you point out where the errors are and what they should be, then I will update the chapter one day xD

The translation for chapter 9 is almost done, so only typesetting and redrawing are left, but it probably won't come out today. Thinking about doing the rest tomorrow.
I do not speak perfect English because I am an ESL, but there are some sentences I think sound a bit strange

Page.3:
"I'd like to be able to show you around" I don't know if it's an error or not (probably not), but place "to be able" there is not necessary in my opinion.
"It's frustrating because it so difficult and painful." I am sure this one has an error, it should be "It's frustrating because it's so difficult and painful." or you can make it more specific. "It's frustrating because the training is so difficult and painful.

Page.4:
"I heard him say from the flame." I think this sentence sounds strange; it can be phrased better, but I don't know how to give you advice on this one. Anyway It should be "I heard him say it from the flame."

Page5:
"I'll be a knight for sure..." I feel "I'll become a knight for sure..." sounds better.
"I look foward to seeing you again" = "I'm looking forward to meeting you again." or "I hope we can meet again soon"
I feel like using "to see" in this sentence doesn't feel right. And probably not what you wanted to mean. This one is not an issue, it's just my opinion. Yours is fine.

These are the few advices I think I can offer, sorry for bothering.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread