Kusunoki-san wa Koukou Debut ni Shippai shite Iru - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - She doesn't remember who I was, nor does she remember that I even existed

Dex-chan lover
I’m still hoping the twist is that she’s not actually evil. Hopefully she remembers what happened in middle school and apologizes.
I am hoping for the opposite to be honest. Lol.
I mean... She can have growth from that time and apologize, it will be valid. But I would hate a "secretly" liked him ploy

Dex-chan lover
I fucking knew she liked him. Literally chicks only go out of their way to approach you if they're interested in you.

Shame she's the antagonists of the series and is destined to go absolutely no where.
I think it's more like she don't like that someone didn't like or adore her. Just ego trip.

Double-page supporter
Holy shit man... that's such a sad scenario. Imagine having a crush on someone and that person secretly ridicules you in front of their friends WHILE looking at you in the eyes(Ch1). And after years of self-care and improvement you try to forget her and the trauma, but she comes back to haunt you. You keep thinking what to do to avoid her, alas it doesn't matter because
SHE DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING REMEMBER YOU.
That's rough buddy. I would feel so fucked up.

Dex-chan lover
sigh I kinda hope the uncle would at least notice and step in so he wouldn't hear... welp, humans aren't mind readers after all.

Dex-chan lover
Now the snek will confuse and disgust with herself that interested in a loser like him.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking knew she liked him. Literally chicks only go out of their way to approach you if they're interested in you.

Shame she's the antagonists of the series and is destined to go absolutely no where.
Bro, first page of fist chapter, she sees him entering the classroom and throws the he is gross line, no shame here she does not deserve screen time

Dex-chan lover
Just make her facination with him being about how he is repulsed by her. A classic narcissist behaviour. Her being in love with him all along would fucking suck. Story wise. Since she actually remembered now, her following actions will determine what is what. If she just brushes off the whole ordeal, she is irredeemable and i hope she stays that way. There is nothnig better than a narcissist getting a reality check.

Raws i've found are seems to be up to Ch.28. (spanish ones are at 30)

Snake waits for him to get out of the shop and they talk. She just wants to know the cause of his aversion to her specially now that she remembers who he is. She absolutely doesn't give a fuck or care about the "bullying" and suprised its due to something trivial like that. She thought it was something more important. She also just befriended him because it would make her look good since he was a loner. She probably took it personally that he was actively avoiding her while she has her perfect facade on. She says she will leave him alone but MC asks her to stay away from FMC as well but she says "its impossible" so there is something going on there. She just leaves afterwards.

She constantly has that shit eating grin on her face as well. She seems extremely sociopathic.

He bumps in to FMC on his way back and she lifts his spirits with some peptalk which causes him to realise he loves her.

Rest of the chapters are about a cliche beach episode with dude bros, FMC and the loli.

I might have misinterpret some point so raws here; https://ln.senmanga.com/kusunoki-san-wa-koukou-debut-ni-shippai-shite-iru

Edit. I have read spanish ones as well and oh boy. She is definitely fucked up in the head. And there is a hint about her doing compansated dating (it might be something different but it legit looks that way)

Due to some trivial shit during elementary school, she decided that it is way better to manipulate people to be on her side. If this is authors idea of a "sad backstory" it is pretty terrible. Hopefully there is more to it. I can see the redemption arc coming from a mile away.

Her interest in the FMC looks like due to her being truely pure hearted. Like an idol she like during her childhood. She doesn't believe someone can be this naive and pure and looks like she wants to find out. Hopefully she doesn't try to brake it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean, even with Kusonoki's hangout she was basically just being a standard Mean Girl. figuring out weaknesses or holes to exploit, looking to stay poopular without any regard for other's feelings. Lot more passive aggressiveness, but it's clear she didn't change to be more considerate.

I don't think she did anything bad this chapter (if she really didn't remember) but her current portrayal throughout the story isn't doing her any favors. Heck, screw you simp friend for giving out your friends info at random lol. Don't tell other people my summer plans.
I'd like to defend the friends here. They probably thought they were being wingman.

Dex-chan lover
The spanish translation is already up to chapter 31. Time to learn a new language, I guess >.<
For Spanish to English Google Translate Image Mode is passible for reading yourself. It's shit for Japanese though. I assume that this is because Spanish and English share a lot of similarities in structure. You may have to type in badly-split words or sometimes sentences split between bubbles because the context is wrong. Just drag a page from MangaDex into the translation box. You'll have to go back to the original link so set it on your bookmark bar or something.

Dex-chan lover
But of course it makes perfect sense she would remember: the same hair, slumped shoulders, downcast eyes, neck perfectly leant about 40° - 42.7° forward. We loners are just all built to pull that stance by default.
🙃
His un-fat body, not using glasses, being taller and (a tiny bit) more outgoing won't have any hope of concealing his identity. He might as well had taken out his middle school's photo album and point at his past self. Checkmated from the start.

Dex-chan lover
I rly think theres no redemption or excuse for what she did. She was full on shit talking him and it wasnt even one of those "tsundere" moments were she was super embarassed so she just went into denial, she genuinely didnt seem to give a fuck (she even saw him peek). Maybe she can apologise and ask to be forgiven but never a ship in my eyes. Hopefully the author doenst throw her into the mix.

Users who are viewing this thread