Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 3)

Aggregator gang
I am confused because people in the comment section mixed up Gaoshun who is Jinshi's attendant and Ruomen who is maomao's biological father.

Even if there is a better explanation in the original for her feelings, it's okay for Maomao to be a bit immature and rush judgements about people - she's not that old and being raised around a brothel, even a nice one, could definitely warp your perceptions about men. Maomao did jump to conclusions about Jinshi. Character flaws build character!

Dex-chan lover
What the hell with that insightful expression at the end?
He must have some unmentioned luggage, too...

Dex-chan lover
Gaoshun clearly is having fatherly pains, hang in there bro, I have no doubts you are an awesome dad.

Maomao situation is complicated, to say the least, yes she is being immature but at the same time she doesn't really need to see Rakan as her father, Ruomen is her father, and objectively speaking he is responsible for who she is, but Rakan didn't abandon her and her mother out of malice or even planned for that, he loves those two and I bet he would give anything in the world to be with them.

The point here is that there isn't a clear or right answer, if Rakan continues to try (and I bet he will) he may conquer a part in Maomao heart and if she herself find a new view in life she may just give that part to him someday, but until then this is their plight to live.

And the fact that we feel their situation so personally is proof that these characters lives well written.

Just curious but why is there now an alternative version to this story? Does that mean this manga version is going to canceled soon or something? ;_;

Fed-Kun's army
@bluecatmage no, it seems that they're both ongoing, from what I can tell this one has been better adapted to being a manga and the other includes a lot more of the details and nuance from the novels.

Dex-chan lover
Being grateful for being born is the minimum you can give your parents anyway, no matter how bad a parent they are. Maomao is being fair here, at least.

@BlueCatMage It's always been there. It's just getting a scanlation now for reasons.

Maomao doesn't look as well drawn in the alternative version. Prefer this version.

Users who are viewing this thread