Kusuriya no Hitorigoto - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Balsam and Wood Sorrel (Part 3)

@welcome2atlantis He spent so much time in the inner palace away from his family and you can see how Maomao's word "Allowing me to come into being." hurt him as he does not assume his parental role as much as others.

For just a simple lack of communication, the relationship between Rakan and Mao Mao can be overturned. Rakan love his wife and child, but Mao Mao think of otherwise. She doesn't know the full story, all she can remember is how "insane" he is as he is laughing to her while bleeding, but that exact moment is actually Rakan's saving point for him. His hope for his family is in front of him and the reason he was laughing despite bleeding. He lack the information that Mao Mao's mother is still on the building, then maybe he can actually bought her if it was known the first time he arrive and actually changed Mao Mao's opinion to her. Mao Mao lack the information that Rakan was away for 3 years, that's why her mother goes down in despair and even attempted to kill Mao Mao, which in turn Mao Mao consciously/unconsciously "hated" Rakan. Heck, even the Mother can be saved if it was known the first time the Doctor arrive.

That's why people, communication is important. A single miscommunication can turn out big in the long run.

Supporter
Also, after the long discussion around the last few chapters it's nice to see a clear exposition of the realities of a courtesan getting pregnant - at this point I think it's impossible to blame Rakan for any of it, though he was definitely overly irrational once he got back and found out (part of) what happened.

I have a lot of sympathy for Mao Mao's reaction to Rakan - she was traumatised by him at a very early age, and he never actually did anything since to make up for it. He's a pretty messed up person in many ways, and that really shows in the way he deals with his daughter. Probably the only thing that will end up making their relationship better is the fact that Mao Mao is in her own way just as much of a weirdo as he is.

Fed-Kun's army
After reading this.. I went back to previous chapter.. I hope the father and daughter would be able to communicate properly soon and reunite..

Supporter
@Zenoslash how is any of this Ruomen's fault? Are you sure you're not conflating Ruomen's role with Rakan's father (who was the one who sent him off on the mission and kept him there)?

Ruomen was a court physician in the inner palace until around the time that the pregnancy happened - he wasn't able to have anything to do with any of this stuff. He was kicked out of the inner palace and kneecapped, and I'm pretty sure he didn't find out about any of this stuff until he went to live in the red light district and work as a pharmacist there, at which point he took Mao Mao in as his foster child.

Thanks a lot for the chapter!
You know, I'm a bit intrigued for the speaks of Jinshi and MaoMao in page 15 and 16. MaoMao says that Rakan saved her when he appeared in the infamous ch. 32; judging by the Jinshi's words, I wonder if him really knows what happened between the guard and MaoMao, and if we will ever see a revenge for the hurting of MaoMao. But maybe I misinterpreted the exchange.

What fuck is with the other version of the Mei Mei shown in the end? i thought it was a guy at first

Fed-Kun's army
@himi-cat Ryomen intentionally came to red light district to look after MaoMao, he knew about her from the letter that was send to Rakan.

If the other chapter was like HIGH intensity, this chapter was like a soft intensity ._.

Thank you for the update

and

THERES ANOTHER MANGA VERSION?!?!?!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
The other manga version is for whatever reason, the one my country publisher choose to pick.

I actually read quite ahead haha

Dex-chan lover
16122407320161698285145.jpg

Haha he blurted out what I want to convey to Mao-Mao the most XD

Power Uploader
The art is better in this version of the manga from what I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread