Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 22 - The Witch's Son

If they don't give Aquila a good reason for his actions I might actually drop the story. Please I am begging you author, don't blame this on some daddy issues nonsensical trauma or mental illness. Proper explanations can't be tOO much to ask for right ???? ToT

Fed-Kun's army
I think there's more to it....obviously, since he is the ML and this isn't going for a psycho Ml (he seems psycho but he values Lamia probably moer than anything) especially since he remembers his previous life with Lamia and wouldn't just hurt her brother just because. Unless her brother caused her death in their previous life then maybe but even so, why would the ML allow the brother to get close to him in the first place ? Revenge ? Make him believe they are friends just to hurt him ? Nah that seems stupid to me

Dex-chan lover
Uuummm. I feel there is something else at play here. He wouldn't use a scheme like this....
Many thanks

What the f*ck?! I cant even imagine how they Will explain all that!!

Uriel deserves all the love!!!!

If they don't have a proper explanation as to why he even decided to do that to Uriel, then I don't really see the story progressing well in later chapters. Hopefully Aquila does have a good reason for his actions, but so far it doesn't seem like Uriel did anything wrong so far? That makes me question why Aquila even went and injured Uriel especially when he knows how important Uriel is to Lamia.

He knows what happened in the past, he's playing 5D chess to make sure Lamia doesn't die, even if that means maiming her brother.

NICE. Now this is a story. Chapter 1 wasn't lying when it said that the dragon had a cruel and vicious temper. I hope this is actually part of Aquila's personality. That'd be more exciting than "It's all for Lamia." Either way is good though. Thanks Bucci Gang!

Dex-chan lover
Wow, the person that all story long was put as a psycho turns out that is... a psycho. Who knew! By now he would have been redeemed by love or some other nonsense, but even in present time there are hints that he's not as good as he seems beyond Lamia.

@shiirakii: Maybe doesn't like to be defied? Using a trap (with what is implied the very same girl he tried to murder and Uri protected) and not doing it himself sounds even petty to me.

@Akera93: Probably he's both: a psycho and infatuated with Lamia, they are not mutually exclusive. In the story there are hints here and there that he's not a good person and that even in the orphe state, he has very little patience for anything that is not called Lamia or affects her. Not even Uriel.

@vaneatas: It's doesn't seem that he has a reason beyond pettyness and asserting dominance. As I said before, the girl looks like the one who badmouthed his mother and Uri protected when Aquila tried to murder her. I think that this flashback is there to show the readers that Aquila as really as bad as the rumors say before meeting Lamia.

Seriously though all this does is make me really want to see the prince perspective. Like somebody trying to kill the orphe's and maybe the prince was apart of the scheme in the beginning but switch sides in the original timeline and this is before he went back in time or Uriel helped kill Lamia so this is revenge or he's playing a complicated game after a groundhog day scenario just doing whatever it takes and Uriel being hurt helps save Lamia in the future or maybe he's just crazy and is obsessed with Lamia

Group Leader
I'm still under the impression that this is all long before he was ever 'time travelled', and that his 'reset' point of sorts is right before Lamia's father dies. And that he's reset so many times that he's genuinely either forgotten or pushed all this to the back of his mind, which is why he's confused about Lamia hating him.

Dex-chan lover
@unime: I'm on the opinion that Aquila just suck at choosing his words/showing proper expressions.

Like, his last line might actually be that he really hate how Uri get pulled so EASILY into a trap like this because it makes it really hard to protect him.

So this is working on the assumption that the girl who stabbed Uri is also the one who 'coincidentally' talked about the witch in the castle right when the two walked by.
Well, what if that wasn't a coincidence?
The idea is for them to rile up Aquila to get Uri to interfere and break them apart, then kill Uri because that'll make Aquila sad.

That might've even actually been what happened in the past.
So when Aquila saw that girl, he KNEW she's the one who lured Uri into a trap.
So when Uri interfered, what Aquila really meant was "are you choosing to die (i.e. getting lured into the trap) to protect this girl (that will lure him into said trap)?"
It'd also be how Lamia who's so insistent on making Uri the Duke would become Duchess, if Uri is dead he can't inherit the position.

So the maiming of Uri's hand (and avoiding healing it) in this loop would mainly be to make it clear to 'everyone' that Uri isn't on his side, and thus no longer a target of assassination.

At least this is one possibility that I can think of that would make sense and be consistent with his current "I just wanna protect you" puppydog mode to Lamia.

Users who are viewing this thread