Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 39 - Epilogue - Lullaby

Aggregator gang
If they weren't siblings they would have been a great couple

everyone was saying she's overly dramatic ab and aggressive to aquila but i think y'all just don't know what it's like to have that tight of a bond w a sibling :/

That fact that everyone was complaining about how Uri is hella weak is just down right wrong. Just because he’s a man doesn’t mean he has to always be strong. I like the portrayal of Uri, it signifies how men can be as emotional as women and they too can suffer mentally, emotionally and psychologically.

From birth to now, he was never appreciated (except for maybe when he was a knight). He was blamed for his mother’s death, now he’s blamed that he took over Lamia’s position. Childhood trauma can really affect a person’s mind even to adulthood, it’s something that may never be cured but with treatment it can lessen their trauma.

I'm going to ahead and assume that Uriel had something to do with her death throughout all of these timelines

It’s really hard for me to wrap my head around a family isolating their child because the mother died in childbirth. We don’t know the details but usually their child living is the mother’s last wish.

Hm, I wish we had gotten this scene earlier. Lamia's overprotrctiveness and everyone's rejection of Uriel makes more sense.

ALSO WHY ARE THESE CHAPTERS CALLED EPILOGUES??

Nothing like some good hypocrisy here, going to kill the bastard child but Uri gets Lamia's protection at every turn no questions asked. Lamia is a really pathetic character.

Dex-chan lover
@Bobman14 I was thinking about that too. She went out of her way to get Uri accepted but lol f this kid who I'm under the assumption isn't even related to me. Let's just kill them because it's inconvenient for them to be alive.

@crasyn Perhaps he killed Lamia in the original timeline (or multiple) due to jealousy over her being with Aquila or her being the heir.

Would also help explain why Aquila lashed out and ruined his hand.

Fed-Kun's army
@Bobman14
The problem with the bastard child was that it would without a doubt start a civil war or at least get the rest of the family killed. Very different from Uriel who was just plain neglected.

Aggregator gang
@hudvvn I'm good friends with my younger bro, it is one thing to be able to stand up for your sibling but she's like obsessively attached to him and stunted him as a person. Sure he is shy from abuse when he was young but her thinking she has to fight all his battle for him contributed to the victim mindset he had after Aquila messed up his hand. Part of Uri's problem is he isn't assertive enough because Lamia was overprotective.

Not surprised, one of Lamia's central traits is how much she cares for Uriel, nice to see chapters of their backstory tho, she is a really caring sister if it wasnt obvious enough before this

is this actually an epilogue or a season finale or what? Please enlighten me because I’m confused

Contributor
@Umbrecola:

I have to fundamentally disagree across the board, even if I do think she factors her brother's well-being too heavily into her decisions:
A) The series' portrayal that his constant worry and anxiety is a result of the childhood neglect he received (not the emotional support he finally got from her later on) seems to check out with reality.
B) If anything, despite her prioritization of him, Lamia's helicopter sister-ing has been incredibly demanding and occasionally borderline-neglectful of his actual emotional needs (like in choosing to push him to be house head despite him being justifiably terrified of taking the position): Very much a strong stripe of "tiger-mom", except a sister.
C) His "victim" mindset with Aquila is pretty definitely because of what Aquila did, not his sister. He doesn't act like a spoiled child playing sick about this, ever; he acts like someone crushed and traumatized, almost as if with (or come to think of it maybe actually with) PTSD.

From here (and no doubt we disagree) it seems to me more like you're falling into really questionable, reflexive and toxic "emotional support leads to weakness" reasoning.

@Bobman14:

IMO, it shouldn't be hypocrisy in light of her complaint being that her brother was being punished despite having "done no wrong", but the bastard nephew is (supposedly) part of a coup plot. If we find out that the kid himself has nothing to do with the coup and no power in the situation and her attitude doesn't change, then it'll be hypocrisy.

That is to say, it's a false parallel; she didn't condemn the child for being a bastard (in fact I think she thinks he's no relation), she's condemning him for being involved with violence. Possibly naivety and being to ready to rush to anger and judgement on her part, yes—but not inconsistency.

Users who are viewing this thread