Lamia Orphe Is Dead - Ch. 40 - Epilogue - An Old Friend

Fed-Kun's army
I have no attachment to lamia, like the lamia Aqualia knows and the Lamia in this timeline seem like complete opposites, how they began their love story and why she died isn't mentioned and even if I understand killing the child will stop a civil war, I feel like Lamia here was way too ready to kill an innocent at a drop of a hat, with a Mage oath, shackling Aqualia, would he allow her to kill the kid too ? wouldn't that go against the oath, what I feel is Aqualia probably going to take the child under his wing as an apprentice and Lamia would have to face the consequences of actually having to kill not only an innocent child but a blood relative, I don't mind having a story where all the characters are grey, The Orphan family are all unlikable with URI being complete wimp because of his harsh upbringing, Lamia being both cold and callous which begs the question how Aqualia and her became a thing and Aqualia himself doing a 180 from cold, unfeeling monster to meek and obsessive with lamia and the duke ain't even any better as he only thought of erasing his nephew without a second thought, none of these characters I can relate with or attach to, which is also alright because I want them to grow into likable characters or just die, Aqua probably the most redeemable right now because if my apprentice theory is correct, he can grow a connection with someone outside of his obessive love with lamia and even if Lamia doesn't recropriate those feelings, he himself as a character can grow and help someone who has a similar situation for him because the poor kid is esstienal a ophran who only mistake was being born and the orphion want him dead.

Fed-Kun's army
.....it's the season finale and you got more question than answer...and it's on Hiatus for 4 months already
the author is obviously torturing it's reader lol

anyway looking at the comments.... i can't exactly blame the author nor we can blame the audience for being immature
since this manhwa is pretty damn annoying to read
the way the author wrote it its like being told half of the story so you can only make assumption...well till its revealed by the author anyway
and the character as someone else said doesn't exactly help our enjoyment as well...on our POV the 2nd prince is pretty much has been redeemed his reason for doing what he does has always for the benefit of Lamia but.....Lamia doesn't accept it because she doesn't have any clue! no one does! and who killed her in all of previous life?! no one knows! (i'm gonna assume its the 1st prince tho)....eh i probably just assumed to much anyway...i'll doubt i'll be seeing this again due to...well...i'd rather no read it till i can binge it to the end of 2nd season xD

it's been 5 months... does anyone know if season 2 has started? I'm thinking maybe season 2 has begun for the raws and translators haven't picked it up yet maybe, but I'm not sure where to look to find the raws.

So, I think a lot of people are upset because they don't understand. I had to reread this twice before everything fell into place. Lemme explain what I'm thinking has been happening.

From the start of chapter 1, we learn about a "Dragon who loved a girl", then it immediately starts talking about Aquila's birth. This is alluding to the fact that some way, Aquila must have been the dragon. This gives him supernatural human abilities, and strong magic. So, running over everything that has happened, basically in order. Lamia and her family were living happily, until Aquila stepped in and ruined everything. Lamia was destined to become the duke's heir, and Uriel, a knight. However, after Uriel's hand was destroyed by Aquila, Lamia and Uriel are forced to swap roles. Lamia cares very deeply about her brother. So, naturally, this would cause pure hatred against Aquila- let's keep in mind that Lamia has no idea who Aquila is, that much. In her eyes, he is a royal stranger who caused her father to disappear, who traumatized her brother, and then showed up later and declared his love for her. Yeah, of course that wouldn't spark a soft reaction from Lamia. So, this brings the question of, WHY did Aquila do everything he did?
Basically, this brings us back to the whole dragon concept. We know Aquila is a strong mage. Most likely, he has the ability to reverse time as well. Let's recall Chapter 3. Here, we see Lamia and Aquila planting a tree. Lamia says something along the lines of, "Spring will come". Then, winter rolls around. It's clear that Lamia dies during winter, and "Spring never comes to her". But that's still a little confusing, so I'll add some details I've picked up along the story.
Lamia is fated to become a duchess, and suddenly Aquila wants to change that. This leads me to believe that here's how their story goes: Lamia is the heir of the duke, and becomes the duchess. She falls in love with Aquila, and the two get married (We see them wearing wedding rings in chapter 3). All is well, until eventually, we are led to the gardening scene. Lamia and Aquila plant the tree, and she says that "Spring will come soon". Winter comes, and like I said, Lamia dies. Spring never comes to her. Devastated, Aquila reverses time. He meets Lamia again, the two get married again, Lamia still dies in winter. Aquila keeps reversing time, trying to find a way to stop Lamia's death so that he can have a happy ending with her. Each time she dies, Aquila reverses the time. [While I'm not sure how long this cycle has been going on, it must have been happening for a while, judging by the amount of times "Lamia" and "Orphe" were inscribed on Aquila's back in chapter 38.]
So, Lamia dies again, and Aquila reverses time. However, he decides to try something different. His thought process was probably, "Can I change Lamia's fate by making her a knight instead? Can we finally be happy together?" So, he was probably thinking, if he harmed Uriel in some way that made him incapable of becoming a knight, he could change everything. And that's just what he did. He destroyed Uriel's hand, causing Lamia to become a knight, and changing everyone's fate. HOWEVER, what he didn't see coming was Lamia's hatred of him to follow. Lamia cares about her family, Lamia doesn't know who Aquila is, as I said before. So for her, she hates Aquila. She never wants to see him again. While she hasn't died in this timeline, Aquila did screw it up. They didn't get their happy ending, because Lamia hates Aquila. And when she told him, "I hope spring never comes for you" without understanding the full meaning of it, Aquila did. And to Aquila, Lamia just told him, "I hope you die".

Anyways, I hope this helps clear things up regarding Lamia and Aquila's history. If you have a question, please ask, maybe I'll be able to answer it! :)

I feel like i can sometimes understand what lamia does, but most of the time the things lamia did is mostly unreasonable(?) the next season probably needs more explanation and character development to sort this out

This type of story is the type tht i don't really anticipating s2 after finishing season 1 but at the same time im curious as hell so hook or by crook i still need to read s2 loll~~~
Curiosity kills me~

I really like the writing of the story, makes me anticipated for the next chapters. The only downside is it takes too long to get an update (new season) so that all secrets or pasts will be revealed to readers.

And, this isnt kind of your usual stories to pick up certain fav characters. You need to actually grasp the storyline as to understand the behaviours of characters.

ambrosial, thank you. I agree with you. Also i love Lamia Orphe story. It's really interesting and has slow pace but it's fine. I want to read what will be next with them
Also I'm really like Lamia, Aqua, Uri. I want to see how their relationship will improve and change

Thank God. I was really dreading that that was the end of the manhwa and got so scared. I really wanted to know what happened to Lamia and Aquila in their past lives (regression).

i thought it was complete and the 2nd prince left hanging hurting just like that 😭 thank god its only season 1

ITS CANCELED?!?! HOW COULD THEY JUST LEAVE US LIKE THAT. IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 2.5 YEARS

Users who are viewing this thread