Land of the Lustrous - Vol. 11 Ch. 88 - Nature, Experimentation, and the World to Come

Humans are truly terrifying
Love it when a manga that doesn't have any humans in it brings that to the forefront

Double-page supporter
Hell has a very special place for the author, but as an employee, every chapter adds a new level of suffering.

Aggregator gang
Is Aechmea going to reattach Pho's lost memories to give her an emotional breakdown and cause her to regress?

Dex-chan lover
dammit till may...

I miss old phos... author is too heartless

SNpaR2Z.png

Dex-chan lover
I can't with this chapter and I'm gripping my head every time a new chapter comes out, but I'm in so deep now that I can't back out either

Dex-chan lover
So Ice Floes will be explained! I bet Icefloes retained inclusions from dead gems or something like it.
Maybe he can bring back kid Phos?

Dex-chan lover
The way this next development is revealed feels very DBZ, but I guess this series is too popular to actually have Adamant end everything? Basically everything has been wrapped up already and ready for the ending, but it's being stretched out.

Fed-Kun's army
I am in fucking pain over this chapter, which is the usual, but this time i'm also profoundly angry.

I mean, i never trusted Achmea, but this just lays out everything i feared was too plausible about his motives and actual thoughts and made it worse. Cairn. Cairn i beg of you, use your head and realize just for one fucking moment that he only loves you like an object and the way he's just described manipulating everything towards his goal, including phos's goal and your doubts, is ample proof he's his own worst enemy in regards to anything like actually passing on.

Fed-Kun's army
DANMIT ! LEAVE PHOS ALONE !

I just realised he is right, what make phos so likeable is the fact that among all the cast he is the most human : the one who suffered, the one who had emotions. (also yes... Lapis' head was the one who fucked everything up!)

Adamant being broken for good isn't a surprise, what I wonder is the "it's just the begining" and "the child "part, like what if we get a child from phos... making him more depressed?

Fed-Kun's army
@Mira995 I'm scared that they're going to sacrifice Phos in some way in order for the child to come. Like I can't imagine in the end phos will be all happy and smiling after all this happened. If they don't end her, she might just want to do it herself or something idk this has me bugging out

Dex-chan lover
@YOLF You're running on an awful lot of assumptions there. Aechmea mentioned that he was attached to Cairngorn because they were both bound by obligations, which is why he wanted to set Cairngorn free. On the other hand, the gems themselves never demonstrated any sort of comraderie that makes them better than the Lunarians. How could Cairngorn even feel angry for being manipulated if they have never learned to cherish themselves or each other in the first place? The twistedness of Houseki no Kuni's premise is precisely the realization that none of these characters apart from Phos is remotely human in the first place. There is no justice to speak of, no vengeance to be sought; everything boils down to question of whether its worth building a meaningful world from scratch or simpliy having it destroyed altogether.

Dex-chan lover
this sucks :,)))) but I’m in too deep

So... who will birth a child? Literal or (most likely) artificial/symbolic birth... Phos child?? Will Aechmea use Cairn to produce a child somehow ? I need to reread the manga because this chapter was kind of confusing to me... all I know is that Aechmea is behind the most horrific of Phos’s suffering and transformations

Users who are viewing this thread