Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King

It started out super promising, super good art, and we have a smart MC who knows spear is the smarter choice over sword, that mage is smarter choice over warrior, but gets forced into a swordsman role anyways (because fuck him!) however when he's finally out of the tutorial, OP as all hell... He doesn't do anything, he literally does nothing.

We have like Doomguy (lite edition) over here, and he just pretends to be a normal dude all day... No thoughts of getting revenge on that demon god guy, no trying to join up with other earthlings, no 'fuck it' and killing the goddesses before getting revenge on the demon god guy. No trying to improve the living conditions of earthlings, no trying to improve his own living conditions. I mean he settles down for 6 months as a construction worker until he's completely losing his shit over how he hasn't killed anything for 6 months... And then he basically goes camping.

The guy is potentially the strongest fighter in the entire world, and he's just sitting on his ass doing nothing at all with it. Why would he do that? Wasn't he planning on getting home or some shit for 22 years while he was locked up in that tutorial world? But he chooses to live like an isekai bum instead? Literally like Kazuma from konosuba, guy is pretty much just next step up from sleeping in the fucking stables when he could do literally anything he wants and nobody would be able to stop him!

It's a bit of a letdown you know? A great premise, the perfect start, but then there's just no story, there's plenty of worldbuilding, but there's no story, there's no sense of progression, there's just a guy doing menial tasks and occasionally (kinda rarely) fighting, when he's forced to. It's pretty weird too because when he just got out of the tutorial he was obsessed with getting a level up, but after going through one dungeon he just gave up. He gave up on doing anything.... Why didn't he just kill himself if this (as in absolutely nothing) was what he was planning to do with his life once he got out?

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@Rabcor i finished reading ch.19 and I was JUST about to start writing a very similar paragraph. 19 ch. and they just continue talking and talking about the world around them without actually progressing one bit and he pretty much acts like he doesn't care . The most frustrating thing is the HE KNOWS that he's strong,
the battle with the lich demonstrated that and YET he doesn't act. He's obsessed with the level thing when the various objectives that he needs to pursue (meeting the goddess for example) DON'T REQUIRE IT, he just needs achievements, he needs to show his abilities so why tf don't you go looking for some demonic land and exterminate some armies? That would be an instantaneous ticket right? *Sigh*

I've read a lot of korean webtoons now, mostly out of boredom but in part out of masochism. They update fast and in this world of dwindling japanese translators and draconian copyright it makes up an ever increasing portion of what is out there to read. That having been said this is the first that I can genuinely say is good. I enjoyed this and recommend it.

Almost 20th chapter, and there are no waifus on horizon. Very much fine with me. I can even say I prefer it this way.

Dex-chan lover
Any explanation about that whole "only Otherworlders & dragons can level up by killing monsters that's why they are so strong and feared" - cuz that's total bs and false, cuz hunters do it the exact same way and level up too killing monsters as it is shown here

explain pls (and tag me)

Fed-Kun's army
@Owyn im not 100% sure but i think its because it is facilitated by the system
in the trainer world they fight monsters that perfectly match their skill level meaning they always have the most efficient level grinding and unlike in the other world they dont have to really worry about food since they can eat monster flesh also the monsters spawn consistently unlike in the ¨realworld¨ where they have other things to do like finding food raise a family shopping and having fun also mindset is different its like us being afraid of a psychopath while the other worlders are not evil persay.... have you ever seen someone play skyrim or a rpg? we are dick and i would think the first or most otherworlders where like that

Dex-chan lover
@themanj
what about dragons tho?

and yea I get that starting level 20 is an advantage but manga wasn't saying about that but the ability to level up by killing monsters as a whole I think

@Owyn I thought that Other-Worlders and Dragons gained XP off of killing Humans/"Players" whereas the residents of the world do not.

@AyyGiraffe

Its obviously because of the inquisition. He could be the strongest in the world but he is still just one guy, he might live in a fight against them, but not without losing everyone he cares about, whom are clearly strong motivators for him since he spent over two decades in harrowing isolation.

I started reading this on the day that MD went down and changed to .cc for a bit, so I ended up losing it. Glad I found it again.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm so fucking tired of these "overpowered MCs hide their true power" stories. They're so boring. The MCs always limit themselves to enemies that are 10,000 times weaker than them so they're never in any danger. The plot never progresses because the MC doesn't get stronger nor does the story ever go anywhere. Not to mention the fact that in this story, everyone seems to be so far beneath MC that even if he revealed himself, they couldn't do shit about it. He literally has no reason to hide his powers besides plot. MC could probably go out and defeat all of the people serving the goddess along with the goddess herself and return to his world like he's wanted to for 20 years and yet the author expects us to believe that he's fine with just going around and fighting weak mobs. Absolutely abysmal writing but I read it anyway because there's nothing else out.

Users who are viewing this thread