Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@Ivegotnolife
@mr_detective:
it's kind of disturbing to see that pic with a nonfunctional alpha layer. 🤥
There, fixed!
Om7TC9s.png

Aight, I'm out. I just realized how useless I am in this matter lol, ciao!
Also, you boomers better get used to it soon.

I've begun using the new "default" reader. I've noticed that unless I hide all other languages the reader will always (initially; I can of course select another) show me the chapter in the language version that is topmost in the list, even when I advance from chapter to chapter, or after I select one from the drop-down. In contrast, the "legacy" reader tried to keep the same language throughout (though as for the group I'm not so sure) unless no such translated chapter was available.
Is this intended behavior?

Staff
Admin
@fullerhorn

Page bar only covers image if you aren't at the bottom of the page, so it's no different from legacy where you had to scroll all the way to top or bottom to change pages. Not to mention it's much easier to actually select a specific page from the bar on default than on legacies bottom buttons or drop down menu.

Shove it aside? You mean like how you had to scroll all the way to the top and shove the image down the screen to change groups on legacy? So shoving it left while the settings are open - where you can still actually read the page if you want - is bad, but shoving the image down off screen when you scroll up to the top of the screen to change group is not bad? Sounds like the same thing just different directions.

@Faulheit

Close as i could get it to the Legacy - Not using advanced settings

Display settings - No resize - Long strip - Left to right - Hide other languages

Layout settings - sidebar - hidden

Other settings - preload images - 20

Dex-chan lover
Could you add an option to put the chapter list at the top of the page? I don't want the sidebar open, but now I need to open it if I want to switch between chapters. Whereas before on the legacy reader it was always visible.

Contributor
Why you do that? The new reader is crap, old one was very simple and perfect.

I fail to understand why, and i'm speaking in general, coders change things that nobody asked for and perfectly works. Why not to keep both? This is beyond any logic.

ps: Was because it load all images at the same time? If this is the case was enought to add a feature that load only 20 images at time and when you scroll down it load the rest.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the new updates. I thought my connection is terrible because of the rain haha 😁

Well I'm a bit dissapointed when the legacy settings is unavailable start from today. It is much simpler and I already used it since I created this account. But it's no problem now because in the new settings I still can read the manga using long strip format. Thanks a lot.

@MavB_Ver I know, that was what I wanted to convey with "unless I hide all other languages". My point is that not filtering leads to being presented with an effectively random choice of chapter language upon entry (the usefulness of which I must be failing to see), and on the other hand language filtering does not allow one to switch languages from the reader itself without turning it off (which I assume is as intended).

Fed-Kun's army
@finer
I think before the implementation of that option, it didn't show the other languages so the intented ir default is off/hide.

I cannot read anything on mobile right now, I suppose is because of this Legacy thing... How do I switch Reader?

damn this sucks, I purely used the legacy reader for years because I really dislike the new reader, guess ill have to deal with it.

New reader is too complex for my small mind, I liked how simple and to the point legacy was.

Am I the only one that doesn’t feel any lag on mobile. Like it feels the exact same on pc, no lag or delays at all.

Staff
Admin
@lingling456

I get same speed and performance on mobile, WiFi or 4G, as I do on PC.

Already posted a screen recording on Discord. Works flawlessly for me.

#SayNoToEmilia
#SayYesToEmilia

kinda cringe using hashtag like this e.e
but you get the point, Emilia sucks.

@Richman the default reader fixes nothing, it is a substitute, and a poor one at that. with the legacy reader, you had everything you needed on the page, and instead of simply streamlining the reader sub-header and making it float like the site header does already, it's crammed to the side, and has the drop-down menu for pages turned into an obtrusive bar.

@RonBWL agreed.

@DLRevan @comeonnow0 this very thread shows that there's little to no communication between site operators, just look at the post @Teasday made:
Yesterday I decided I was going to work on that as an option (since I've already made changes to that effect), I just wasn't expecting legacy to be killed while I was sleeping lol
i don't know what else you can call that. doesn't a project normally get everyone involved on the same page before doing something like this? wouldn't members of a project usually get the option Teasday claims to be working on done and roll that out before getting rid of the other feature?

@ixlone no, i mean 'shove' as in if you have a tiny poverty-tier computer monitor like me, and if you expand the sidebar on a large image, the image gets crushed; scrolling doesn't change the image's size and, again, this a problem that wasn't present on legacy reader. you keep going on an on to defend this decision when if, instead of saying 'oh yeah we're getting rid of legacy reader' as parts of other posts about other things buried in threads people do not read, then getting rid of it and replacing it with a bad alternative, you had gotten @Teasday's option done (if it were to indeed look and function like legacy reader), rolled it out along with an announcement about it, made an announcement (possibly with 'ads' like on april fool's) about how legacy reader will be removed after such time, fix any further problems with default reader, then remove it after everyone switches, you wouldn't be getting as many posts like mine. you had more than two years to do this, even with last year's craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread