Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@dalp3000 raises a very pertinent point. lots of people are complaining about "issues" that basically happened in legacy reader afaict and the only difference is that some more things are visual in default.

Legacy user here, trying the new reader and I hate that I need to open the sidebar to go back to the manga's main page. Can that link be added somewhere else on the reader, preferably above the page like it was on legacy?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, does the absence of the legacy reader actually effecting whether the pages loaded or not we check MD@Home setting? I swear I checked off that setting before, the chapters still loaded fine for me yesterday.

Contributor
@Rockon101000 Signs point to no
Due to changes we were forced to make the legacy reader is no longer working from today. It will NOT be receiving any updates to make it work from this point.

Edit:
Well technically there is a work around and that to make your own reader using the MangaDex API

Contributor
I haven't been around much this week because I just got a job and I've been focusing on it
@Teasday
HgqhwNO.gif

Group Leader
Been regular reader on Mangadex since 2018.

And I've no clue what the hell is different. I read on both my phone and PC, for webtoon and classic manga too. Still feel the same.

I scroll down through the comment to find out what is actually ' legacy reader ' but still found no answer.

Well shit bro , as somebody who has been using legacy I’m pretty sad about it’s loss because it was easier to load half an image out here in the Middle of nowhere. But I can understand why you did it. Still gonna be weird changing to the new way of reading though ....

Group Leader
@Samads
I scroll down through the comment to find out what is actually ' legacy reader ' but still found no answer.
It's a relic of the ancient times, bound to be broken and replaced.

@riverreign
You'll get used to it. I wish you a ton of luck.

@LoLyeah
And I've no clue what the hell is different. I read on both my phone and PC, for webtoon and classic manga too. Still feel the same.
Lolyeah!

Honestly I'm just frustrated that I can't zoom in on pages using default on mobile. Pinch zoom is completely screwed- I can only zoom on parts of the page that aren't part of the reader.

Any UI complaints aside, It makes it a complete hassle to look at panels with detail or small text.

Legacy is the better reader for mobile users specially for those who have slow internet speed. Guess I have to stick to default.

I had assumed the legacy reader was already defunct, but this just goes to show what I know.

Did anyone have a screenshot what is legacy mode look like? i have been here since batoto died and i think there's no difference with the new one?

Umm... Can we fucking not? The legacy reader is great because everything is centered. The new reader is trash because it pushes the pages to one side and the navigation panel to the other. It's annoying as fuck to read it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread