Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

Legacy reader is officially retired from today.

• Loli Emilia is best

Votes: 1,001 28.0%
  • Emilia is best

Votes: 915 25.6%
  • I'm lame and like Rem

Votes: 1,656 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
@locoshipper
I assume you're reading in long strip mode, and yes I also had that problem before.
To fix that, open a chapter, go to settings and set "Touchscreen swipe sensitivity" to Off.
You can also turn on advanced settings and disable "Turn page in long strip mode" to prevent any unintentional tapping (leaving this enable means you can jump to the next/previous page in long strip mode by tapping on the right/left half of the image).

Dex-chan lover
Really missing legacy today, with the db errors... Legacy, if you got the page to load, it already knew about every resource and could load the pages, "default" reader, you can get the page loaded and then hit the database error trying to figure out what to show.

Fed-Kun's army
I have no clue what you are talking about 🤦🏻‍♂️

Who is he? And why is he retire? And how is he relate to this website and how it will effect this web site?

Could we get some sort of setting for the reader? Liked legacy mode because I didn't really have to do anything, and it'd load as a long strip; but the 'new' reader, I have to change it every time I open the browser (because I'm using incognito).

Then there are the stuff like click moves the page, the fitting is either too wide/narrow, and load seems to take longer.

Is there anyway to actually save the settings in the new mode? It keeps going back to default after every time I log out.

It's a shame, legacy even just aesthetically it looked so much better, especially on mobile.

An entire week, and people still whine about something that was going to happen sooner or later. That's the internet for you.

What bothers me is that people use long sting mode for something that isn't a weebtoon or similar. Well, I say that as someone who most of the time uses double page mode, due to page flow stuff, so feel free to take that as a it's just me thing. (Still, it's how mangas are suposed to be read, at least in print)

I'm one of those grumpy gills who hates losing simple/efficient UI but I am okay with the change as long as it died for a good cause and not for a pointless design change.

Group Leader
@akole posted:
Is there anyway to actually save the settings in the new mode? It keeps going back to default after every time I log out.
Someone before you also had that problem. Read this:
Teasday posted:

If you have to keep setting them back, you must be wiping your

cache or

local files constantly

. Don't do that. As mentioned,

the reader settings are local so that they won't interfere with reading on multiple devices

, and we have absolutely no plans to change that.

Halo posted:
Wiping cookies only would not affect them.

His problem is using incognito mode instead of setting up browser properly to wipe cookies only on exit.

Please don't quote this, pretty sure he blocked me and this is hilarious.

Hope that helps.

"I'm lame and like Rem"
Who Rem? the one with the blue hair girl? she kind of like ram for some reason 😏

what is “legacy reader” again?
i'm sorry, i am new so didn't know much... >﹏<

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Blue-Plum >97% of users joined after we removed it, don't worry about it. If you don't know, it doesn't affect you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread