Machikado Mazoku - Vol. 6 Ch. 76 - Coming to Light! Peachy's Past, Part 2

@Silfir
They've been foreshadowing Momo's past being dark for almost the entire series. This isn't out of left field or anything, and they're have been dark chapters before this too. The overall mood isn't going to change, there's just an end boss to look forward to now. And my guess is that the only main character who gmight die is maybe Sakura as a noble sacrifice to stop Suika and save everybody else, but it's more likely they'll somehow manage to stop Suika and convince her she's wrong.

Ok. I figured things were going to get dark. But Momo self-harming, Metako being mind-r*ped to his current situation, and a cannibalistic villain (ok, technically not cannibalism since different species, but idk a better word) were quite a bit darker than I expected. And now that villain knows about Shamiko.
On a lighter note, I’ve gotta wonder how OP Joshua had to have been that sealing him gave Sakura all those cards.

This chapter was definitely an uptick on the metal scale, even if foreshadowed. Somewhere in my mind I still thought Ito wouldnt go that far. I thought maybe Suika just sealed them. But she very explicitely says she killed them and apparently even eats them. Gusion was roasted alive (shoutout to the one page that survived and became Sion being visible on that panel). Metako was lobotomized with a wish card. Fuck.
Ito even has the proverbial balls to show Momo getting her side torn open and bleeding out on screen. That pool of blood was not even very hidden.

Suika seems to be a villain who thinks what she is doing is the right thing and has deluded herself with this philosophy for thousands of years (by seeing the infinite repetition of suffering)... That's the worst kind of enemy to have. Shamiko will have a tough time convincing her. And then there is the fact that she noticed Shamiko in a flashback which opens up a million cans of worms.

I think we dont know enough about what happened 10 years ago and neither does Momo. There is not enough evidence to actually prove these cards came from Joshua. Momo really jumped the gun there. And as usual Shamiko doesnt care about her dad's sealing lol

Dex-chan lover
bruh that was absolutely terrifiying, like, I was kinda expecting something like this happening where the villain is so powerful even in the essence of her memory she's aware of who's watching like dungeon meshi and the paintings but it was still soooo scaary

Jesus

I mean there were always some dark undertones here and there (like the "Shamiko allmost died from cancer"-thing), but I really didn't expect them to just come out so...blatantly.

Especially that pure black panel after the "I killed them"-line. That was, honestly, pure Genius.

Similarly to Cautious Hero, there are now some Jokes in this I will probably not laugh at again, given the Context.

The bit about Sakura being the one who probaly sealed away Joshua also gives way to a whole host of interesting theories. Man I'm excited were its going to go.

jesus they pulled an elfen lied and melted her

im surprised this fluffy series went there, but im all for it

Supporter
Oh man so much with Momo being a mess is so much clearer and so much more tragic.

I wonder why Sakura kept the Registry, she knew there were risks.

That was... like all the background darkness coming at once.

"Hang in there, everyone in town!" Brr

Supporter
@swilson In traditional yonkoma format (look up kishoutenketsu), the punchline, or climax, is in 3rd panel. The fourth panel is for reaction, "aftermath" - which is even more fitting with the black panel, in my opinion; there's simply no better or appropriate reaction to such a big reveal.

I saw this chapter up, like "yeah, time for some Shamiko shenanigans"
Then the first panel. Oops, I forgot where we were. Got chills all over again.

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps Suika was the reason Sakura set up the haven in the first place. Too much of a softie to kill watermelon so she set up a hiding spot for big mazokus that Suika couldn't conceivably break into without help. The reason she was after the pot may not necessarily have been for the wish points but to remove the barrier completely. She may not even have needed to either by that point since it's looking like Riko, Shirosawa, Shion and Shamiko may be the last remaining survivors and of them only Shirosawa may have been in the register then.

Users who are viewing this thread