Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 336 - Accomplices

Contributor
I'm not super into the current arc. I feel like Nishi kind of abandoned the other members of the Magitool Club to introduce yet more characters when this could've been a tighter story arc and given more characterization to the background characters of the club. It just feels a little sloppily planned out, though not as bad as the Devidol Games arc.
Clearly the solution is to bring out Wicked Irumi again and all will be forgiven.

i hope the parent are okay with the new Beem, seems like all she ever really wanted was friend that could connect with her

Dex-chan lover
Young Beem is so cute.

Beem has such a nice smile. I was happy seeing Beem talk about Palome with Silvia and friends.

When Palome got joy from seeing terrified faces, I think Iruma flashed back to Kirio saying he got joy from watching others in despair.

Double-page supporter
I am thoroughly enjoying this arc and the new characters being introduced. With that said, I do understand some of the concerns some of the readers are having with the Mangaka introducing and fleshing out new characters rather than exploring the characters they have already created. As long as he gives them a moment to shine later on than it should be fine but if not handled properly, it might come across as forced.

So Iruma is introducing the concept of “fear is fun if it’s relatively safe” that humans like, but adding that element of risk like skydiving or bungee jumping. Closer to X-sports? One of those haunted houses where you have to sign a waiver first. These kids are gonna need therapy after.

Dex-chan lover
As a writer myself, I would absolutely be defeated if a group of people come to me and asked me to tell them about my OCs.

Dex-chan lover
I can see this going down with his family. Wouldn't this breach his written "promise"?

Either they embrace it, or they try to bring it down and Iruma defends, adding another to his harem.
It depends on if Beem is actually the one to draw it, seems likely that Silvia will be the one to do the actual painting under Beam's tutelage, given how things ended last chapter with declaration that they would make the haunted house a success by their own hands, though this mostly goes as far as the main painting that will likely be produced by this collaboration.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is gramps dead? I can't tell if it's a car or a coffin.
Beem said Gramps stopped working in his current position, so he might have just fallen ill and never recuperated completely.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You know I never thought of it that way of an art piece. Somewhat of an artist here, but not to the extreme. I never thought of giving my artworks like that a background setting since it is a still piece thats like a sketch. Having them have a background is something that only be from a story piece and is not necessary in art so I thought. I feel like I somehow understand a bit on why art should have one. Art expresses the artist but this also expresses the art piece too. Not just through the eyes of the artist but also to through the art itself.
Every artist has their own methodology for how to best depict their artwork, the benefit of a story and a background to what you're painting is that you then are more likely to believe what you're depicting is actually alive, and when the artist believes that the painting is alive then that feeling is often conveyed to those looking at the painting. It's why there are so many artists that have done rather crazy things in the pursuit of art since doing so helps them to convey real emotion through their pieces. It's not something that is absolutely necessary to create a work of art, but it is a method help inspire and motivate.

Fed-Kun's army
Beem is the version of smeargle from the pokemon series and introduced in the Iruma kun series.

Beem in his chibi (small child) version is very adorable. Also somewhat sad is Beem's story, as his more gothic art was not understood by others who looked at that art.

Whether it is a painter or a writer, when he creates something, he has to convey a story to the one who looks at it/reads that work of art.

I also think that Beem could become a kind of mentor for Silvia, helping her in her future career as a manga artist.

Also, the page where Beem eats the offering (slice of cake/slice of cookie/slice of pie) that Iruma brought is downright cute.
Also what happened to Beem reminded me of Allen Sugasano from the Paradox Live series. In the sense that Allen Sugasan
liked pop/pop rock music, only that Allen Sugasan's parents wanted their son to pursue a career in classical music. And once Allen Sugasan's parents found out that their son composed pop music, they burned his scores right in front of him.
As in the case of Beem, his more gothic works of art ended up burnt.

Users who are viewing this thread