MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@Holo Thanks for your service mate

Yz72rOg.gif

Godammit Viz, why you keep ruining our fun during those trying times? None of your products/services other than the 6 Mangaplus chapters are available in my country...

Contributor
@Yourself

All of the series that were removed have a small description which gives you the least expensive option to get chapters. If you’re in another country, you just need to add a VPN to that and you’re set.

Contributor
@Yourself

Really? Huh.

Well, there was a recent tweet by a MangaPlus staff member where they were having a meeting with officials from Europe/South America, so many be they’ll try to make the series easier to find internationally?

Dex-chan lover
@Halo @Richman it's to the point it make you think Grumpy doesn't even had a team. feels more like a one-man army thing. no wonder the man burned out like Joe Yabuki; imagine running half of MD (rough estimate of batoto's peak in terms of readers and features) by yourself for years, bugfix and all. far as i know the rest of his team are moderators

Holo burned out after 3 years. Grumpy's roughly at the same state for an extended period of time.

I figured whoever ran mangadex would probably be in for the same ride as Grumpy, hope things get better. Assuming whoever comes after Holo will have the same problem; hoping the successor is able to disperse the work somehow so no one single person gets troubled and we get no more hard casualties.

Power Uploader
>Holo
I wish him luck and safety throughout his future endeavors. I honestly can't believe it's already been three years since batoto shut down and MD was created.

>Six Title Restrictions
The sad thing is when readers don't understand how it doesn't feel right for the authors and publishers when a non-official group takes over without permission. There's a lot of readers that are really mad that it's been taken down. They have to understand that it's technically illegal to do something without proper permission or rights but yeah 😅. Yes we're all breaking the rules but most of us are actually nice enough to stop 🤭.

>Other Update
I hope those strain doesn't cause too much problem for MD, and that those new updates hopefully will help this site. Sorry, I don't know what to say for this 😂

Power Uploader
My gosh, three years? Time really flies...
I definitely wish Holo the best, and thank him for all of his hard work on such an exquisite website. The entire team has done such a great job on it, and he was the catalyst who got the team together, and I'll always thank him for that. He's earned a chance to rest easy.

As for the takedowns, this seems like the best way to handle that kind of thing for sure, glad that the comments will be left up.
Here's hoping English publishers will only target really high-profile series that are currently in-print.

Power Uploader
Is there some current issue with sdbx.moe? I'm trying to setup a VPS for MD@ H, but while I can create an account, I can't actually order a VPS, and it says something about "Explorer has been temporarily disabled."

Edit: Sorry to user "H". I bet you've been getting tagged a lot lately, lol.

Rip, why viz😪

Edit: because of holo's quitting, im reminiscing bato.to's shutdown ,grumpy and stuff back in the days, damn man

Your entitled leechers complaining of Viz.

Let's respect the official releases in english, right?

Because now it will be easier than ever to pirate the manga. Since Viz is translating the latest chapters, now any other page can share their already translated work for free to us.

"If you don't want to pay/use VPN for it, don't read it" more like:

If you don't wanna pirate it, don't search for it pirated.

fuck, if Viz is gonna do this I wish they would improve the WSJ website reader so that it's at the very least not hot garbage.

I'm more than willing to pay to catch up on the rest of One Piece, but I can't bring myself to spend money for the privilege of using a shitty UI that shrinks the pages just to waste 25% of the screen. I would even settle for Mangaplus's.

Mangadex has spoiled me.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh, people commenting like Holo is dead lol. Anyway, @Holo Good luck with IRL. It’s been a blessing to have you here. Although retired from all the tech stuff, will you still be active within the community? I’m sure everyone will be glad if you do so, even if it once in a while.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh, people commenting like Holo is dead lol.
New MD conspiracy: Holo is actually dead/in a coma, and "stepping down" is just a cover-up. ixlone just logs into Holo's account every now and then to keep up appearances.

Contributor
@bigtiddyoneesan
New MD conspiracy: Holo is actually dead/in a coma, and "stepping down" is just a cover-up. ixlone just logs into Holo's account every now and then to keep up appearances.
@Holo never really existed; the identity was created out of thin air by @ixlone in order to avoid being accused of running a dictatorship, by pretending MangaDex was a two-man operation.

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
@ Holo never really existed; the identity was created out of thin air by @ ixlone in order to avoid being accused of running a dictatorship, by pretending MangaDex was a two-man operation.
But wait... If ixlone and Holo are the same person, then which identity would be the 'correct' one? Maybe fuse them together to get 'Holone'? 'ixlo'? 'ixHo'? 'Holix'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread