MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
@iNotorious You need ssh access to the server and it has to be able to run a custom java program, for most shared seedbox plans, probably not the case.

Hi,

I have some idling server, how much bandwidth will be needed per month? Does 5 TB / mo enough?

I mean if I provide 40 Mbps continuous, does it mean monthly network usage will be around ~13 TB ?

Regards,
Choco

@Kafka, @Plykiya, not sure if it was answered about the take down notice somewhere in the thread, but:
* other languages
* fan colored version
* doujins
where do they all fall in that?

Dex-chan lover
Quick question, will those that get free releases on the official sites (like OPM for example) get a link chapter like the mangaplus releases do?
I'm only asking because I know i'll forget to check them and end up chapters behind if they don't.

Hey im pretty new to mangadex but ik how hard web dev is and managing so much, thank you for everything.

Group Leader
Thanks Holo for your dedication and efforts that made MD what it is today. Thanks to all the team that has been working on it so far and will keep on doing so !

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering, where do the compressed, guest images come from? The main server, or MatH?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Samhill Stored on a separate cache server, but the vast majority will also be served through MD@H like the regular images.

It's funny that there are still many people in the mangadex still in favor of illegal translation, you should know that there is a time when you have to pay everything with money.

Dang, i haven't logged in for about a month and Holo is retiring... i can't believe mangadex has been running for that long already, time sure flies. Anyways, have a good life and good luck with you future projects Holo, you'll definetely be missed.

I hope the site doesn't change for worse after holo is gone

i love in all those take down replies most fail to see that most big compaines pay / encourage people.
to report there content when found elsewhere with free access or other perks
so someone got mad at an uploader with a slow release so they reported it for a free chapter or whatever from source.
i bet

that said i will take what i can when i can but still waiting on the V5... whenever :D

Dex-chan lover
@lordmage
I mean mangaplus exist and people went well with it.
The problem with Viz take down it's that you require to use US VPN which is rather pain in the ass for those who aren't from US.

Do mention free VPN are rather slow and some didn't provide US server.
Rather than unblocking which is easier, the VPN is used to falsified the user location to allow user read the Viz stuff for free.

@Yakuza_Luxiphan
Here's some reason why people favour the illegal or fanscan one.
- It is sometimes faster
- Less formal words and expressive compared the official one.
- Doesn't need to go to the other place to read as manga/anime issues right now is licensing issue which force user to pay for subscription on a different platform. (Now you get why Steam is like a god in pcgaming)
- "Free" and you comment along with the shit talk, drama all you want for free.

Mangaplus works because we still get update basis on followed page hence people wasn't against it. Viz in other hand was region locked and there's no way we can find out any notification for update for it in MD.

@Xaelath: All good things must come to an end. Viz can be a bad company, I know that too because they translated Read or Die manga so badly. But if you put yourself in their shoes then you will do the same. Times change, people also have to change.

Dex-chan lover
@Yakuza_Luxiphan
Pretty sure least they can allow global instead of being limited to US.

I am not sure which series Viz did but Seven seas and Yes is definitely the biggest among of the US publisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread