MangaDex@​Home and other important updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 Free Manga Downloader. Check options to make sure they're set to be nice, I usually do 1 download task at a time & 1 file per task. Upped it to 2 per task today while grabbing One Piece, but will lower it again after that. I have my entire manga list set up in it as favorites so that I have a local backup in case something happens to MangaDex.

Edit: Because I forgot. Thanks for everything Holo, I remember back when you were planning AniDex and MangaDex. I'm glad you were around to pick up the slack after Batoto died.

Dex-chan lover
> Holo Officially Retiring
> he's but a humble VIP now
Oh, come on! At least give him a special role like "Ascended" or something...

Anyways, thank you Holo for birthing MangaDex and making it nice and comfy. Hopefully, your successors won't burn it down. 🙂

So MangaDex didn't die per se, but the takedown notices, coupled with @Holo's retirement, won't stop people from jumping to conclusions.

Staff
Super Moderator
@xyzzy
We already link to the official english releases as well as various retail shops for the Japanese originals.
Unlike other scummy sites... Wish they would bother them, not us.

@Halo we will always have the side bar Easter egg Miku to remember him <3
...until new god emperor @Plykiya takes the reigns and changes it to a picture of herself, lol

and now, the comment section for OP on Viz will be flooded with even more "please fix the translation", "it's ZoRo, not Zolo!", etc

Power Uploader
Thanks for all the hardwork you did for MD Holo.... wish you luck in your IRL.

Dex-chan lover
...until new god emperor @Plykiya takes the reigns and changes it to a picture of herself, lol
kLkVNNx.jpg

Contributor
@Kafka

Makes sense. That said, after seeing a litany of “omg MangaRock/Kissmanga died, where can I go” posts which were directly next to MangaDex links, I’ve learned that sometimes people don’t actually pay attention as much as we expect.

@AngleBoi7

It was already like that before. Aside from occasional name changes, the OP translation is usually on point (at least, it doesn’t fall into the issues One Punch Man or Kimetsu’s translations seem to have).

Double-page supporter
Pls, find a way to keep all the series, i feel if you guys fall back, the worst can soon come.
I really dont know what to do, but i would really like you guys to find a way to overcame this problem...

I didnt follow Mangadex for a long time but, Thks Holo.
A take down issue happened to a site in homeland years ago...
They changed domains... and both versions of the site still exist, one with the block and the other with the readable chapters.

Wish Holo all the best!

24h limitation is still there, shame. I wonder if NAS can be configured to do MD@Home, always wanted to make one but it's been years, just so lazy to do so aha.

Honestly don't get why people scanlate work that is getting translated officially, even if it is a bit slow. (Though I appreciate how it creates pressure to translate officially faster lol.)

the Act-Age thing is weird since that's clearly because the writer is a scumbag and not for any commercial reason. But that's an even better reason to make a take-down request TBH.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman Should have pinged me, but I happened to see it checking the ping from HDMI1. It's a torrent site, along the same lines of nyaa.si. Holo was developing it even before the original nyaa.se went down. It didn't end up taking off like MangaDex did, but it's still there.

Dex-chan lover
@phoenix_eD I've never tried that myself, but be sure to add your login to the MangaDex website settings, and it will probably see them then, since you have it set to see those languages. Go to Options -> Websites -> Accounts. I believe it'll show up there once you enable MangaDex, but it's been a while since I added mine so I'm not sure. One warning: It'll set the read flag for every chapter you download. I ended up making a second account to get around that, and just use that account with FMD.

I refuse to believe it's possible to have a "legitimate reason" for taking down Act-Age. The series is cancelled and literally not getting reprinted. Soon it'll be impossible to legally get your hands on this. I hope the staff comes around and reuploads Act-Age.

Power Uploader
Honestly don't get why people scanlate work that is getting translated officially, even if it is a bit slow. (Though I appreciate how it creates pressure to translate officially faster lol.)

the Act-Age thing is weird since that's clearly because the writer is a scumbag and not for any commercial reason. But that's an even better reason to make a take-down request TBH.

@alifanfaron:

1. Localization that gets rid of JP honorific / manga-specific term
2. Lazy edit with whiteboxes and subtitled SFX
3. Censorship / content change (mostly for webtoons that wanted to appeal to PG-13 rating to suck out more money from kids)
4. Unfair pricing / rental model (again, mostly for webtoons where you pay $1 for one chapter for only 48 hours access)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread