MangaDex Suggested Features: Megathread

Could you add the feature to collapse updates?

as we have the title with the latest update, and more added chapters are continued below, I'd like to be able to hide those into the original title, for better organisation as the database is still maturing and people are still dumping large amount of chapters, as such that all the new chapters are hidden behind the bulk of old, being able to collapse the updates would be make navigating extremely more efficient

just adding a + / - on the latest update would simple enough.

I'd like to have to ability to set per device reading settings. On my desktop I like to fit image height to window whereas on mobile I prefer fit image width.

Can the writer and artist of each manga be added to the listing on the main page? (right-aligned in the same row as the title?) It's possible to be a fan of a particular creator, but have one of their stories slip under your radar because you didn't know they were behind it or you were familiar with a different translation of the title.

This could occasionally take up too much space, so if the writer and artist are the same person then the entry can shrink from "Writer Name / Artist Name" to just listing their name once. Likewise, if there's one writer and 3+ artists then it becomes "Writer Name / Various". If there are 3+ for both, then the entire entry becomes just "Various".

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Giantblargg posted:

I'd like to have to ability to set per device reading settings. On my desktop I like to fit image height to window whereas on mobile I prefer fit image width.
Will happen

Prime32 posted:

Can the writer and artist of each manga be added to the listing on the main page? (right-aligned in the same row as the title?)
I agree with this

Power Uploader
Report button for manga entries (as opposed to individual chapters)

Reasons:

[ul]
[li]Duplicate entry (require corresponding entry ID[/li]
[li]Not manga/fails submission criteria[/li]
[li]Other[/li]
[/ul]

Contributor
Id like to see a Reader Mode that displays thumbnails of the chapters pages. Clicking on a thumbnail would then start Normal Mode from that page.

Contributor
Can we get the ability to exclude "missing chapters" when there are two parts like 1.1 and 1.2? Would be helpful to label them as exceptions so they aren't listed under Missing Chapters tab.

Dex-chan lover
Mentioned this before but couldn't see any updates on the viability of these two suggestion. So just asking again.

Manga alphabetical searching

Page choosing when searching manga and forum pages, so you dont have to keep pressing the next page button.

Power Uploader
Two suggestions:

[ul]
[li]Modify the Amazon.co.jp external link entry on Manga pages so that the field uses Amazon Product IDs instead of the full URL. Link structuring:
Use the format
Code:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/$ASIN
where
Code:
$ASIN
is the 10-character Amazon Standard Identification Number for the product in question. As an example the ASIN for the product in the following URL would be B0756Y682B: https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0756Y682B
[/li]
[li]Similar note: On the Manga-edit page, please add an inline reference or a link to a reference page that instructs users on how to find the ID, Slug, or URL for the entry on which they're working[/li]
[/ul]

Group Leader
an option that would be nice to give suggestions to other people would be to be able to make one's follow list public - either directly public, through a user's profile, or some way to link another person to your follow list. its easy to suggest individual manga to other people, but i have at least one friend that we'd both benefit from being able to look through each others' follows to get suggestions, and it would be nice to be able to link other people to a follows list to give a bunch of suggestions at once.

ideally it should be an opt-in kinda thing imo, with hentai follows being an additional opt in, and future implementations could include being able to restrict certain genres from showing up in the list (like if you're ashamed of people learning that you have bad isekai as a guilty pleasure).

I think highlighting where you've posted a comment would be nice. I don't know about everyone else but I certainly can't remember which manga, and specific chapters, I've commented on.

Ve2V15D.png

Contributor
The pseudorandom suggestion recommended series box is all well and good but a hassle to use and tends to only return popular series.
Instead can we also have a proper random button on the top menu that takes you to a random series page like the old batoto random button did?

I used to find a lot of series that way
plus I used to play a russian roulette like gamble of how much yaoi I'd have to click past before something decent appeared.

multiple author name support would be nice too especially for anthologies.

I didn't think this warranted a new thread or anything and I am not sure if it has already been stated / talked about but maybe have a link or a button to read from start (First chapter) as I am too lazy to scroll all the down :)
Oh and what happened to the "eye icon" when read a chapter but not following the manga?

is a Reindeer
VIP
@Missalot changed to only track "reading/re-reading follows" due to producing several million rows of data within a few months of site being up. Big issue if left as is.

@Plykiya That make sense, Never even gave it a thought about the data involved especially as this site will continue to grow and grow. Thank you for the fast response.

Contributor
In a manga's "External links" section, can you add options for some extra databases, namely Anilist, Kitsu and Anime-Planet?

Contributor
Btw can we get weekly poll like in mangaupdates mmm...~?
It can be a good way to gather data and also it's quite fun to see the thought of people in mangadex mmm...

Fed-Kun's army
original publishing frequency and original publication would be nice to know. ex. daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly.

I don't know if someone has suggested this already or not (at least I don't see it in this thread), but it would be really nice if we could have a tag or something indicating in which magazine a manga was originally serialised.

Users who are viewing this thread