MangaDex v3 is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
@Holo
I'm with @GoLD about comments showing. Even if it only shows the general series comments, it only takes one person to be an asshole to spoil stuff. Moderation on any site is never perfect so it'll definitely happen.

would be nice if one could swap between all/follows at http://beta.mangadex.org/updates - just like on the beta main page, cause that's the only useful thing i can see on this new main page, pretty much hate the "featured titles" - dont really know why should i care about likes of the staff...

is a Reindeer
VIP
@derpdederp
We're going to have a page that resembles the current layout. Last Updated is clickable, is where you'll find it.

Contributor
New reader is OK, but the main page, i don't like it, i like the old one because is much easier and better readable and the "latest manga" and "top charts" coolumns aren't in the way like in the new one but on the right side and minimized.
The current one have a special charming that i can't find elsewhere, the new one seems just copy paste from these aggregators websites.

Can you keep the old interface as an option in the user settings or is too much a stess for the server?

In my genuine opinion you should improve the current layout without change it completely. My motto is, do not change what it work. Anyway everything is up to you guys and thanks for your hard work.

Power Uploader
@Nick86

the "Latest Updates" text is clickable and leads you to a page that resembles the current layout like Plykiya mentioned. http://beta.mangadex.org/updates

Not sure what Holo is planning but I don't think the old interface will be an option.

Contributor
@Holo , I'd suggest for Mangadex v3.... Can you add Collapse/Expand toggle and separate by group categories by country
Sometimes when many groups in different country upload a manga, The chapters look a mess.
Default Mess :
lSaSV8x.jpg
And then I Tweaked and Simplified a bit Into this :
Example Tweaked 1 :
C6hhIEQ.jpg
Example Tweaked 2 :
BsXsYOJ.jpg
Example Tweaked 3 :
F9JyuQW.jpg
So how about my idea above, can you reconsider this solution ?

So I've always preferred bare-bones HTML readers (which isn't to say that the new reader won't grow on me). I don't suppose there will be a toggle between old and new readers?

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the new main page is a vendor who throw informations to my face.
The old one was a gentleman puting elegantly at disposition what I needed.

Contributor
@Plykiya I've use language filter, but sometimes I've everything showing. Because I can read another language if the english one lack behind
Edit: It too much hassle for me to access setting page ?

Contributor
@_das - I see but it don't show the left columns we have now. Honestly i don't get why this change is so necessary when the old one was very good and nobody complained. The SLIDESHOW at the top is, imo, a waste of memory and space when you already have the last update column in the left that summarize everything.
Now if this is matter of "CUTE" and more "elaborate" GUI i can understand, but having a light and minimized main page should have priority, is the best thing since it load faster and you get directly to the title you are looking for without all these flash and sparkle images that get in the way.
I prefer that the money i donate go mainly for performance, better coding, better bandwidth and more user options not for a flashy and heavy GUI. Just my 2 cents of course.

Power Uploader
@Nick86 The beta currently loads much faster than the main site due to many optimizations that were made. Would you mind elaborating on what you mean by "the left columns"? I don't follow.

Contributor
@_das - Sorry, was mean right columns, the last updates, the first chapter titles, the rankings, etc... everything we have now and minimized.

You think the v3 is faster because they optimize the code? Preferred they did it with the actual layout. I personally prefer a true minimal and light layout, with only essential thumbnails and text, is just a matter of preference, this is because i ask to keep the old interface as a user option too.

Power Uploader
@Nick86 As has been mentioned before, the old interface is not disappearing. You can simply access it through http://beta.mangadex.org/updates.

As for the improvements to speed, optimization of the code was not the only thing that was done. I wish I could get into more detail but I myself do not know.

Contributor
@_das - I know but the right columns are missing, is just thumbnails and text and is ok, but i prefer to have last chapter updates, the rankings and the new titles like we have now. Is because i ask to keep the old interface intact. Is simply a matter of preference.

Power Uploader
@Nick86 I'm not sure what to tell you. The listings have been improved and are now displayed on the new home page alongside latest updates. If you want to see more chapters on the latest updates page, you press "Latest Updates" which takes you to the aforementioned page. As I have stated before, I doubt that Holo will keep an option to retain the old interface in its entirety.

Reader look little bloated on mobile, but as long as it doesn't break my workflow (it doesn't), I'm fine with it. I will give it a proper try later to give more thorough feedback.

What does kinda break my workflow is that it doesn't work on Windows phone (mobile Edge). The error I get is
Code:
Object doesn't support property or method 'forEach'
. Seem to be an issue with older Edge (such as the one on W1M) and Internet Explorer. https://storksnestblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/28/object-doesnt-support-property-or-method-foreach/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread