MangaDex v5 Dev Suggestions: The Real Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed-Kun's army
Using this site on mobile, even on aging hardware, is currently a pretty wonderful experience. It's so lightweight. I'd always assumed Mangadex's non-SPA-ness was an intentional choice made in support of that goal. Anyway:

- great job so far! love this site.
- please don't lose the awesome lightweight-ness in the rewrite. at least not for /follows and /chapter. anything else, go nuts.
- thanks for all the hard work!

Not a feature but why not open source the site? I think a lot of the community would pitch in to fix stuff or when someone really wants a feature they could make it on their own.

There is one feature that I think would be helpful is in the reader. Tapping left on a zoomed in image (or whatever is the next) should scroll one screen to the left. It makes reading on a phone easier for those occasional two page wide spreads because I wouldn’t have to zoom in or scroll. The only reader i know that does this tho is comic zeal

Edit: comic zeal calls the feature assisted panning. In case my explanation wasn’t clear

Edit2: it would even help for long comic strips like manhwa

Contributor
Good, as long as is customizable as possible, for example a thing i don't like in that in the front page i can't disable the featured and new titles slideshows, would also be good to let the reader load the image in sequence with the long strip instead of load more pages at the same time and randomly.
Will donate again in January 2020 for all the hard work to keep this garegeous website alive. 😍

Have the ability to filter out manga that are being read, completed, on hold, etc when searching for manga.
If that exists, make it more obvious because I can't find it. It's always annoying when i am searching for new manga to read.

@Plykiya

Sorry, for the late reply
I was busy 😓

Page Scroller
As we normally read manga by scrolling downwards, it will be help full using button which will scroll the pages without using Jerry [Mouse]
Lah .... with a speed determiner, 1x or 2x etc
vxg9qa.png

eyyri4.png

cfcmkf.png

Recommended Serie

Live Search
It will be better if users can use live search
mmpikj.png

#Edit
I found MDList don't have a fix width for image
see my profile for example
https://mangadex.org/list/613569

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Nick86 posted:

would also be good to let the reader load the image in sequence with the long strip instead of load more pages at the same time and randomly.
But that is how images are loaded in long strip... unless you're talking about legacy

@Siaal posted:

Would it be too wasteful to start preloading some pages from the next chapter when you get there? It would be really nice in general but especially for mousou telepathy and such where the entire chapter is only one page
This has always been the plan but due to how read markers have worked until now it hasn't been possible

are there any way to make "genre blacklist" that will carry over by default for our account in home page/random/etc instead of just when doing search?

e.g. A way to blacklist all "isekai" genre manga, so that we'll never see "isekai" genre when browsing home/latest updates/featured manga?

Contributor
@Teasday - Ah yes, i'm using the legacy reader because is much better on my monitor and browser, didn't knew this issue got solved with the new reader, guess i'll wait for new v5 version, imo, this feature should be default unrelated to the reader and customization you are using.
Having images load in sequence is so much better when you are reading a long strip manga, atm i'm forced to wait the whole strip is done because the pages are randomly loaded. >_<

two search features i've been looking for for a long time:
1. "last updated" search ordering only applying to your selected language
2. ability to either see a manga's number of uploaded chapters (only in your language, hopefully) in the search results and/or order results by that

iirc the latter had some possible problems, but i hope solutions can be found. it'd save a lot of time searching

Dex-chan lover
@gn_x00
Go to your settings scroll to the bottom see the tags? Mark the ones you don't want to see.
Ah I didn't see someone else had already told you never mind then.

Would love manga recommendations of some sort. "If you read this manga, you might like X manga." Would be a fun way to discover new manga.

I want to have the manga title changed from completed (users' read status) to not when there's new chapter, oh and I think we also need to vite on which features are good, which are needed to work on, thanks

I think being able to set your manga tittle view in English or Japanese accross the page is a plus, sometimes I just dont understand what the title says when it's cover image changed, or maybe being able to peek at the description might be good.

Contributor
- Manga Magazine Pages.
Considering titles on manga magazine usually in the same entertainment demographics, it would be nice to have each magazine page.

- The release year indicator. Without them, searching old manga feels like finding a needle in the hay.

- Worldwide legal platform link.

Instead of only "following" a series, can we also "following" an author?

In this way we can get notified when the manga of some good author come out.

Dex-chan lover
Add the top 3 (or 5, if the dev is generous 😂) latest chapters instead of showing 1.

Dex-chan lover
It would be super cool to be able to blacklist a series so you don't see it like you can blacklist groups.

for chapters with delay that translating groups have placed, it would be nice if they showed up in the follows list so we can go to their site to read it. similar to how mangaplus chapters have been handled would be excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread