Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Damn. He mentioned no more of that ultimate snack. I'm going to find out what it is and then try eating it myself.

Double-page supporter
Thou art mine own braincells just kicked the bucket from reading lefi's w'rds

Dex-chan lover
@Ryuhan04 I think its ancient japanese, translator just use old english as equivalent. Watch the kitsune nojya loli to get a clear image.

Aggregator gang
@shadebane
I take it is ancient Japanese she is talking with, that must be the reason they are using old English, not correctly applied in its entirety but is understandable.
I find it annoying but is for the sake of the setting nonetheless.

@conscript117 i totally agree, i wish they would just translate it to normal english, its somewhat difficult to read, worse then reading shakespeare.

Also Lefi is by far the best dragon companion ever.
More so then Tio from Arifu, and Eco from Dragonar, well Navi isnt bad, but Navi she has lots of boing, but i much prefer Lefi if i had to be with a dragon.

Aggregator gang
@aigomorla
Yes....her character is not sold with ecchi or useless fanservice(not that they all have just that but...you should get it) towards the mc, is much more than any of that, If I were in the mc shoes and I had too choose just one I would go for Lefi no second thought.

Just be happy that it is old english using current words as a basis instead of actual old english, because then you would have to google how those words used to be used

Contributor
When I thought my understanding to english language was pretty good, I was dead wrong after reading this chapter.
Whatever, all's well that ends well.

Dex-chan lover
The translation for the dragon is really lacking, with letters missing and usage of archaic terms for no proper reason. Makes it hard to read.

Dex-chan lover
Can't you just put -gozaru at the end of every one of Lefi's sentences and be done with it?? 😅

Dex-chan lover
Translator, just keep going with the old style English in Lefi's bubbles. People don't understand? Try harder to read then!

Group Leader
I get the Olde English text for the dragon. It gives her speech gravitas and all.
But why the missing letters?
"color up mine own w'rld even m're"
Why remove the "o" in world and more, but not in color? Is she supposed to have a lisp or something?

Dex-chan lover
Please stop translating Levi's dialogue with the whole older English thing, it reads terribly. I understand the effort involved, but leaving it normal would be better than half-assing it.

Stuff like "longeth ago" feels absolutely stupid. It's like someone trying to speak Spanish by ending all their English words with "o" or "a"

I don't know why it took me this long, but the way Lefi's lines are translated really annoyed me this chapter. It's so difficult to read.

Fed-Kun's army
Yo i get they're trying to be immersive but this old English stuff is ruining the flow. they should just put a not at the beginning of each chapter saying that we should image her saying her lines in old English.

Users who are viewing this thread