Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 10

Gooood gooooood! Entrance him in your light, so that when your light fades (i.e. die) it will cast a great shadow and he will be swallowed and in engulfed in the darkness that will be his fury. *insert evil laugh*

Willing to kill anyone that opposes him but stopped from going full species genocide route. I can live with that.

Dex-chan lover
The translator should stick to either "This one" or "Your truly" when Lefi calls herself and it would be enough to show how strong her tone is.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, but there are better ways of making Lefi seem ancient than whatever this BS is. Making her lines near unintelligible just makes people pissed off, as the comments also show.

Dex-chan lover
Since people can't read anything that isn't flat English with zero verbal ticks. I just wanted to say that I appreciate LH's method of conveying Lefi's unique way of speaking and had zero difficulty reading it. Perhaps the people on a reading site should read more often if they have such extreme difficulties reading such a simple tick.

Frankly speaking that way of speaking of lefi is atrocious to convey the feelings that his words have, Tone it down a little, Or simply don¿t use it, At first i though it was fine, But men, This chapter make me recapacitate, It is already hard to understand with all those liryc connotations and now i have to decipher this accent, Frankly speaking is annoying.

Dex-chan lover
I think that Lefi's Ye Olde English in this chapter is rather excessive and possibly artificial compared to how it was rendered in previous ones. I'm with those who say that it should be toned down rather than outright not used, though.

I'm more ticked off by the spelling/grammar errors and superfluous words, such as on page 13 in the second panel.

Personally I had no problem reading Lefi's lines and prefer the Old English so I can't say I relate to those that seem to non-stop complain

Mmmmm more kyuuto-collection wolf-girl and sheep-girl GET!

As to the pseudo-ol' Anglo... I can comprehend the text just fine. It's just converting each word with stylistic spelling. Atrocious for the literary elites? Most likely. Is it necessary? Probably not. Do I care? Nope.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't remember the previous chapters being this bad with translation, but this one really was barely readable.
There's such a thing as overdoing it for the memes.

Thanks for the chapter!

Really dont get the confusion with Lefi. I can read it just fine even with my average english.

Non-english native, its hard to read that, plz tone down a bit, thx. Thank you for the chapter :D

Double-page supporter
Love the way she speaks, even if it was a bit overdone in this arc.

Aggregator gang
The old english for the dragon loli is a pain to read, at this point I'm just ignoring her speach bubbles. Use normal english please, I'm tired of Thee thou and all the rest.

Note: If you have a problem with reading Lefi's speech, your english is not as "average" as you think.

Can Lefi's dialogue be toned down somewhat? It's not even correct older English and just comes off as jarring. I decided to go through the first few pages of Lefi's dialogue and fix the weirdness and grammar mistakes just to show how off her speaking is. Here's the original followed by my corrected version.

------- Lefi's Original Dialogue -------
We has't fulfill'd our objective, has't we not?
Thee already hadst thy revenge on the one who has't did bad things to Iruna, right?
Then let's wend backeth.
We has't not anything to doth ... in this place anym're aft'r all.
M'reov'r, I'm hungry!
Thee shall alloweth me to has't a feast f'r the work I've done, right? Yuki!

------- Lefi's Dialogue With Corrected Older English -------
We have fullfill'd our objective, have we not?
Thou already hadst thy revenge on the one who hath done bad things to Iruna, right?
Then let's wend back.
We have not anything to do ... in this place anymore after all.
Moreover, I'm hungry!
Thou shalt allow me to have a feast for the work I've done, right? Yuki!

Users who are viewing this thread