Maou ni Natta node, Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono suru - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

...she wasn't understandable before? I honestly prefer her weird version of "thee, thou", but, oh well. Although in this chapter especially, Lefi's weird dialect (?) would play better into the whole maidservant=concubine joke, imho.

And this isn't me trying to criticise the new translation done by these guys, it's simply my preference.

Oh, seems this translation version have more clarity (and probably more accurate) to it... now some little things make more sense.

And I'm not talking about Lefi's old english. The old english in the other one is clear enough.

Dex-chan lover
Hm, I kinda hoped for a stronger reaction once she's found out that she's having an "owner" now. Only two small panels for that :(

But anyhoo, nice chapter. Thanks for that!

Dex-chan lover
@Arkticus @ unk0damnation The olde english was understandable at first. I have no problem with "thee", "thou" and such. But when they started dropping the letter 'e' from every other word, or added 'th' at the end of random words, they took it too far. It felt like they just ran the TL through a shitty 'Ye Olde English' filter. I understand they probably put a lot of effort into it, but IMHO it was wasted effort. As I understand it, she isn't even that archaic in the raws.

MD@Home
So... cardboard went LHT style and LHT went cardboard style, guess cardboard became redundant...

Dex-chan lover
Had a feeling this would happen because of the sheer amount of people who can't read anything that isn't flat English without complaining, but it is still sad to see Lefi neutered. Thanks for at least keeping the translation going since some groups give up after ingrates complain as much as this lot did.

There's more of a problem that the mc speech becomes more like a DQN, it's not quite apparent in a easy going ch like this.
But in a fight/battle scene the wn tl keep throwing curses / fu** whenever they can that it's not only kills mc personality but a huge turn off.
at least for me, so I'm not really a fan of the wn tl...
I prefer LH tl style

Dex-chan lover
huh where's the old speak ?
it's kinda cute, like the -noja loli baba usually says

@Eviltwing That’s just how he talks, like a thug with slang. So no, it doesn’t kill his personality. Later on when Leila gives a mocking response to Yuki using his own words, Yuki remarks on how fast she picked up on modern slang.

Fed-Kun's army
@Eviltwinq same, always ticked me off in the wn when he said something along the line of: "fuck you bro, im gonna fuck you up". i get that in the raws he is acting tough to sort of show off in front of lefi, but jesus i cringe 😦

Users who are viewing this thread