Maou no Ore ga Dorei Elf wo Yome ni Shitanda ga, Dou Medereba ii? - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - I Don't Want to Get Involved With a Holy Knight's Circumstances (…

@Gen_Eric Then I recommend you the stories by Andur on the RoyalRoad website. While it's not the focus of the stories, the mc is quite knowledgeable when it comes to the realm of torture and he does teach his daughter about it.
The stories by Andur all take place within a same "multiverse" that connect all of them(so let's call it the "Andurverse" or "Andur's stories" for simplicity's sake), with the main cast of characters being some specific people who keep on reincarnating forever. Almost all of the stories are different lives of those same characters, in different universes (some with magic, others without magic; some sci-fi, some supernatural, some fantasy). They don't always remember their previous lives.
The author(Andur) has so far written 11-12 stories, and they are all complete except for the latest one that's still ongoing. Andur's chapter release schedule normally has regular updates, and he always finishes the stories he start writing.
The protagonist in most of his stories is kind of a mad scientist/mage who mixes magic and science for stuff a lot.

As for which order to go by to read Andur's stories, you can basically start with any of them, since most of them aren't directly connected. However, a few are connected.
You can read the following stories in any order:
-"Until Death?" (Old Version) (main story/multiversal fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

-"Transcendence?" (main story/fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

-"Beyond?" (fantasy) (Doesn't remember previous lives)

-"Coeus?" (sci-fi with magic(though used in more scientific manners)) (Doesn't remember previous lives)

-"Law of Shadows" (supernatural alternate history Earth with magic) (Doesn't remember previous lives)

-"The Tale of G.O.D." (sci-fi with nanotechnology and A.I. (the setting is that humanity went full digital, creating a virtual realm for themselves and basically turning themselves into A.I.s and stuff, and then Aliens arrive and are so disturbed by how the human species become one with technology that they glassed/nuked the planet to hell before the beginning of the story, and the mc is basically used as a lab rat by aliens at the beginning of the story)) (Doesn't remember previous lives)

-"Body and Soul" (fantasy with the MC being reincarnated as a slave) (Has memories of many previous lives)

-"A Demon's Tail" (a life where the MC reincarnated in the infernal planes as a demon) (Doesn't really remember previous lives)

The following stories take into considering that you've already read some of the previous ones, but I guess they can still be read first(I know people who read some of those first, and it didn't make them enjoy the series less, though it did make it so that they didn't understand some things until they got around to reading some of the other stories):
- "The Court of Souls?" (Assumes that you've for sure read "Until Death?(Old Version)" and "Transcendence?", and also has some references to "Beyond?" and "Coeus?") (main story/multiversal fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

- "Agent of the Realm?" (This is the direct sequel/continuation of the story of "Court of Souls?") (main story/multiversal fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

- "Conscripted" (Assumes that you've read "Body and Soul" for sure, and also assumes that you've probably read "Until Death? (Old Version), but it's not absolutely necessary to that read the latter.) (main story/multiversal fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

- "Until Death (Refreshed)" (The remake of the old version, with this version taking into account everything that Andur has added into the lore of his multiverse over the years.)(Assumes that you've read "Conscripted" for sure, and maybe "Body and Soul" and "Court of Souls?"/"Agent of the Realm?" too for some referenced.) (main story/multiversal fantasy setting) (Has memories of many previous lives)

Edit: Oh, and even if I just say "fantasy," I don't mean it as the stereotypical one. Each world that Andur makes is pretty unique.

@Goretantath yeah everything you said is the same vibes hes been giving me but I also cant look past the fact in lil dragon daughters flashback it was clearly him that killed her parents or at least that's how it looks so I'm just curious as to how these next few chapters will play out

Aggregator gang
What are you talking about Barbaros? As a father, he has the responsibility to teach his daughter what's wrong and what's right. It sounds completely logical to me.

Banned
That kind of revenge is pointless. No matter what you do to the target, it can't erase what was done to you in the first place. "Revenge" in the first place is just petty satisfaction for bitter, vindictive feelings rooted in personal pride.

The appropriate course of action, therefore, is not to torture the target but just to erase them and any who might side with them quickly and efficiently so whatever they did can't be done again. Preventing recurrence is the only real benefit of revenge.
i.e. Don't torture them. Just kill them, their students, their families, their close friends, and anyone else who might possibly seek counter-revenge quickly and discretely.

Dex-chan lover
true parenting at its finest, also the poofing away of barbaros’ magic as well as chastel gradually foaming at the mouth from poison in the background was absolutely hilarious to me for some reason

@Bootyyyy it might not matter - age in this case may not be meaningful numerically but in ratio - although yeah... having a daughter older than you would just be weird - but on that note, have we even gotten the age of the MC? so even if she was 89 years old, if he was 120 then it would be fine - on that note i dont think we have the age of anyone in this story - just that some are younger than others (although for the female holy knight i guess we can guess her age)

@xtheconman pretty sure mc is 18, at least that's what the wiki said when I was googling it all before commenting. So chances are she is older than him but ah well, it was worth asking anyway.

Barbarossa is just a joke now and I just laugh every time he appears also rip Chastel just left bubbling in Barbarossa's arms

Fed-Kun's army
😂im laughing at the fact that chastel just foaming at the mouth in the back while theye having a whole ass conversation😂

Users who are viewing this thread